House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Alfie Bear

How Much Does A Large Garden Add To The Value?

I've found a nice house which I'm struggling to determine 'fair value' for.

It is 2000 sq ft (incl. 300 sq ft garage) and 4-bedrooms. However it has a fabulous 1/2 acre garden which must be amongst the very largest in the area (sought after Herts commuter town).

Comparable properties with 250-300 sq ft of extra space but much smaller gardens have similar (or lower) asking prices.

Does the garden really justify the valuation? Obviously each potential buyer is different but generally?

I'm confident what fair value would be with a regular garden (£725k) - how much premium should the garden add?

I've found a nice house which I'm struggling to determine 'fair value' for.

It is 2000 sq ft (incl. 300 sq ft garage) and 4-bedrooms. However it has a fabulous 1/2 acre garden which must be amongst the very largest in the area (sought after Herts commuter town).

Comparable properties with 250-300 sq ft of extra space but much smaller gardens have similar (or lower) asking prices.

Does the garden really justify the valuation? Obviously each potential buyer is different but generally?

I'm confident what fair value would be with a regular garden (£725k) - how much premium should the garden add?

Soudns amazing. I reckon at least 3 million! :)

£360 psf seems a bit pricey to me.

Like swimming pools, big gardens are sometimes seen as a liability and add nothing. Unless of course you can get planning permission for a block of flats.