House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

goldilocksporridge

Anyone Into Lucid Dreaming

Just watched that new film Inception - and it reminded of Lucid Dreaming - read a few books on the subject - but only managed ever actually Lucid Dream state maybe 3

times - my general dream recall is poor, only remember dreams ocasionally. And it always felt a little scary, like a loss of control, sorted of wanted to wake up!

Oh and for your info its basically instead of just waking up, and having foggy memory of a dream. Your actually walking around in the dream and seeing things, and touching them - it seems real and for me a little scary- you have maybe experienced where you thought you have woke up from a dream, and your walking around - and then you wake up and realise you were dreaming you woke up.

I have many.

I often have dreams inside dreams (where I appear to wake up in my dream and carry on with my daily routine).

Wake up. Be awake for an hour or so. Then drop off to sleep again. That is when I have seriously lucid dreams.

Just watched that new film Inception - and it reminded of Lucid Dreaming - read a few books on the subject - but only managed ever actually Lucid Dream state maybe 3

times - my general dream recall is poor, only remember dreams ocasionally. And it always felt a little scary, like a loss of control, sorted of wanted to wake up!

Oh and for your info its basically instead of just waking up, and having foggy memory of a dream. Your actually walking around in the dream and seeing things, and touching them - it seems real and for me a little scary- you have maybe experienced where you thought you have woke up from a dream, and your walking around - and then you wake up and realise you were dreaming you woke up.

Had a book on it, lent it out and never got it back. Do you know the names of the most useful titles? think mine was just called "Lucid Dreaming", don`t remember the authors name though.

I have many.

I often have dreams inside dreams (where I appear to wake up in my dream and carry on with my daily routine).

Although a little scary, it was a bit exciting, a very odd experience to walk around and think this is a dream - not sure if possible induce them -but i'd be scared of a nightmare or something.

Wake up. Be awake for an hour or so. Then drop off to sleep again. That is when I have seriously lucid dreams.

Yeah, it seems to be for disturbed sleep patterns, or in a different bed.

yeah maybe lack of sleep, wake up, and drift back to sleep.

I can only remember lucid dreaming once. At one stage of this dream, I had got into some sort of argument with some character, which wasn't going too well, when it suddenly occurred to me that this was only a dream, and I didn't have to take this sort of crap, so i just took off - literally ! I spent the rest of the dream levitating and flying around.

If you' re dreaming, and you realise you're dreaming within the dream, you can do anything you can imagine..fly, visit other planets, etc etc. I wouldn't mind having another go at it, come to think of it..I think there are various things you can do to make lucid dreaming more likely.

Hmm the cloest I came to lucid dreaming was when aged 10ish I dreamt I was killed in a battle (sword through the chest), the rest of the dream I was a ghost, haunting people and getting friends killed so they could also be ghosts...

At least one preliminary study has found that this vitamin may increase dream vividness or the ability to recall dreams.[13] It is thought that this effect may be due to the role this vitamin plays in the conversion of tryptophan to serotonin.[13]

B6 can help with dream recall and lucid dreaming, I also find i get loads more dreams if I sleep on my back.

I have many.

that can actually be fatal. there are many reports of people going into deep coma during these non waking dreams.

Just watched that new film Inception - and it reminded of Lucid Dreaming

I hope that's not a spoiler as I have not seen the film yet.....

I have fairly regular lucid dreams. I can't do it at will but every so often I am partially aware that I am dreaming and often, to a certain extent, I can actually create the dream as I go along and kind of do what I want in it. It usually happens in the morning. My sleep has always been weird and I sleep walk sometimes. About a year ago I woke up and was really puzzled to see that my curtains had vanished. When I found them on the floor I realised that I must have pulled them down in my sleep. I've also hurt myself a couple of times.

Eat a big block of strong mature cheese before you go to bed, lucid dreams guaranteed.

Go for it, thrill seekers.

Hmm the cloest I came to lucid dreaming was when aged 10ish I dreamt I was killed in a battle (sword through the chest), the rest of the dream I was a ghost, haunting people and getting friends killed so they could also be ghosts...

That's just freaking awesome to be honest!!

This has happened to me also, perhaps 3 or 4 times. IIRC it has happened after completion of some task following a prior catnapp. Also the episode(s) occured when I had plenty of hours of sleep ahead of me. In other words:

- extreme mental exhaustion;

- distrubed sleep pattern;

- a sense of contentment (from the completed task and the extended rest period stretching out before me).

Anyone else recognise this scenario?

Eat a big block of strong mature cheese before you go to bed, lucid dreams guaranteed.

Go for it, thrill seekers.

Yes I do this.About an ounce is enough and it's a bit like using a pay channel.Last week I was out having a drinking session with President Ahmadinajad of Iran. Just before I woke up,(we were on our last pint and thinking about a kebab) I remember feeling extremely sorry for him.At first I didn't know why but then it came to me that he was devoting his entire life to worshipping something that didn't exist.

I have fairly regular lucid dreams. I can't do it at will but every so often I am partially aware that I am dreaming and often, to a certain extent, I can actually create the dream as I go along and kind of do what I want in it. It usually happens in the morning. My sleep has always been weird and I sleep walk sometimes. About a year ago I woke up and was really puzzled to see that my curtains had vanished. When I found them on the floor I realised that I must have pulled them down in my sleep. I've also hurt myself a couple of times.

I'm the same. My dreams are very lucid and I usually remember them in great detail. That half-in-control dreaming state is great, isn't it?

Does anyone else have this experience ...

I always wake up just before the alarm goes off, no matter what hour it's set for nor how long I've been asleep ... or so I think. It feels like I'm dozing, but aware of my surroundings and thinking, "Whoopee - a few more minutes!" Then the alarm goes off and I really wake up.

During those few minutes am I dreaming of anticipating the alarm? Or does the alarm trigger an instant illusion that I've been awake? Or am I really awake?

Does anyone else have this experience ...

I always wake up just before the alarm goes off, no matter what hour it's set for nor how long I've been asleep ... or so I think. It feels like I'm dozing, but aware of my surroundings and thinking, "Whoopee - a few more minutes!" Then the alarm goes off and I really wake up.

During those few minutes am I dreaming of anticipating the alarm? Or does the alarm trigger an instant illusion that I've been awake? Or am I really awake?

I have interesting pre-sleep experiences.In the short time between awake and asleep the thoughts become jumbled and illogical,I think some weird stuff then fall asleep.