House Price Crash Forum

Market Is On The Up!

HOLA441

Yes Peterborough Evening News says market is on the rise locally.

"Analysts are predicting a post-summer pick-up, and locally, housebuilder Stamford Homes is already seeing a recovery" thanks to "bottom fishers" rushing to the market.

Full article:

http://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/ViewArt...ticleID=1134679

The paper also wants to know the following:

"Have you seen yobs on high-powered motorbikes around Cuckoo's Hollow or other public areas across Peterborough?"

Surely not bottom fishers rushing to the market :o

HOLA442
HOLA443
i dont think its made any difference to be honest. at least this article is in the business section, not splashed over the front pages. have you been following the local market bob?

No, only in as much as my sister and her husband live there.

What's the market REALY like? Have to say I like Lincs a lot (except for chemical plants and refineries near Grimsby)

HOLA444
HOLA445

Its hard to say exactly, obviously sales are down as with the whole country. A brother of a friend had his house on the market recently and apparently things are very slow. He dropped the price 5k (from 99k) and was 'sold stc' last i heard which was about just over 2 months ago, interestingly the house is still on rightmove.

The EAs seem to be spinning out their usual crap, apparently there are plently of buyers around for cheaper properties, but things are dead higher up the so called chain. Peterborough is a pretty poor area and prices are lower than most cities in east anglia, so its hard to say if we'll be one of the first places to drop. Land Registry figures are down a couple of percent YOY according to land registry figures which is a start. Hometrack are recording small falls also.

Generally i've noticed most people i speak to are slightly bearish on prices, i think there is a general mood that prices will correct to some extent although there is still a underlying 'sheeple' bullishness around where people dont think they will drop much/for long.

I myself am looking for a 3 bedroom house for 80k if possible, the kind of thing i'm looking at now would set me back about 95-100k at present asking prices, so i dont really need a large drop. There is some major redevelopment of the city centre in the works which could have a minor effect on prices as peterborough is not a desirable place to live by any means. However i'd say that these redevelopments are taking place in every city centre in the country so if anything its just something to use for talking the market up by VIs.

Edited by dapperdave

HOLA446
HOLA447
  • 3 weeks later...
HOLA448