House Price Crash Forum

Crash Scam Figures At Record High, Insurers Warn

cool_hand

HOLA441

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-11044315

But the driver of the other vehicle, Abdullah Ahmed, made a claim for thousands of pounds in personal injuries, vehicle repairs and storage.

The 24-year-old also claimed that the Gallanders had racially abused him.

Meanwhile though, officers started investigating Ahmed's black Lexus. Though he'd claimed storage costs, police proved he'd actually been driving it since the accident.

They were also astonished to find that the car had been involved in at least three almost identical crashes in preceding months.

In court, Ahmed pleaded guilty and admitted the allegations of racism were fabricated.

HOLA442

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-11044315

But the driver of the other vehicle, Abdullah Ahmed, made a claim for thousands of pounds in personal injuries, vehicle repairs and storage.

The 24-year-old also claimed that the Gallanders had racially abused him.

Meanwhile though, officers started investigating Ahmed's black Lexus. Though he'd claimed storage costs, police proved he'd actually been driving it since the accident.

They were also astonished to find that the car had been involved in at least three almost identical crashes in preceding months.

In court, Ahmed pleaded guilty and admitted the allegations of racism were fabricated.

What are your viwes on this story?

I'm not touching it with the proverbial. ;)

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445

Until the police and insurers accept that the vast majority of 'crash for cash' are done by Asian gangs then the issue will never be resolved. Liverpool, Blackburn, Manchester and Leeds all have large 'ethnically diverse' areas (diverse as long as you are Asian) and now we see the rise of these incidents in East and North London (and I am guessing we are talking more Harlesden than Islington). Seems people will do anything except a hard days work to make money these days.

HOLA446
HOLA447

I'll bite.

I'd bet a pound to a pinch of cowshit that asians are particularly over-represented as perpetrators in these crimes.

I remember seeing an accident from my flat in Leeds clearly caused by a drunk driver. Within minutes the incident was surrounded by pyjama'd taxi drivers getting the guilty driver out of the situation. Police were nowhere to be seen. Guess the ethnicities involved..

HOLA448

Ive always wondered what insurance premiums would be like if insurers were allowed to discriminate on a racial basis just like they do on a gender one.

I had a clear cut claim.Other driver prosecuted accident on CCTV.NFU Mutual spent £125,000 fighting my claim saying I was partly responsible.What could have been settled for 14 grand ended up costing them 140.

HOLA449

Ive always wondered what insurance premiums would be like if insurers were allowed to discriminate on a racial basis just like they do on a gender one.

Now that would be a test case and a half.

The poblem is these cases rarely claim off their own insurance but off of the other drivers, typically slamming the brakes on at clear junctions and the likes.

I don't know how that kind of claim record could be effectively picked up and costed into the premium.

HOLA4410

Now that would be a test case and a half.

The poblem is these cases rarely claim off their own insurance but off of the other drivers, typically slamming the brakes on at clear junctions and the likes.

I don't know how that kind of claim record could be effectively picked up and costed into the premium.

Point of information: If they are Muslim will a woman only get half the compo of a man?

HOLA4411

Can someone explain how this works?

If the bloke in front jams the anchors on and you go into the back of him, it's your fault. It doesn't matter whether he was braking for a real or imaginary hazard, you were too close, tough tits, learn not to tailgate.

What else do these clowns do?

HOLA4412

If the bloke in front jams the anchors on and you go into the back of him, it's your fault. It doesn't matter whether he was braking for a real or imaginary hazard, you were too close, tough tits, learn not to tailgate.

You are correct..

The purps exacerbated this by disconnecting the tail lights of the car...

Since human eyes are attracted to movement which brake lights turning on are, it reduced reaction time significantly.

But you have raised an interesting point in that concentration in cars is exceptionally low. On bike it is pretty high, unless a girl with a short skirt walks past, but this is namely due to the fact there are no distractions on a bike. No radio, no CD player no satellite navigation (I don't have one anyway and all of them are audio ones) no maps etc.

Onboard a bike you can do very little compared to a car, where I have seen people with laptops, breakfast, doing their make up or most commonly texting on their phones as people consider this to be free time when really it isn't.

This is probably why biking is called road meditation as your focus needs to be pretty high it tires you out incredibly quickly so even though big touring bikes have massive screens to keep the wind and rain off you they still fatigue you much more than a car.

HOLA4413

Part of the problem is that an HGV may have double the stopping distance of a car.So they pull in front and throw out all the mudweights.The poor beggar behind will brake as hard as he can but still hit him.

HOLA4414

So, uh, if they pull in ten feet in front of you from another lane and then slam on the brakes, it's your fault?

HOLA4415
So, uh, if they pull in ten feet in front of you from another lane and then slam on the brakes, it's your fault?

Once the other guy is in the lane, yes. If you see another car piling into your lane, you back off. He's not going to hit the brakes while he is halfway across because the impact will be offside and show exactly what happened, and there is also a very high chance of you spinning him into his own lane. If you're not paying attention (or trying to shut the gap to block him), then you'll end up too close. I take the point about HGVs, but for normal cars, I don't understand why the perp's brakes are so much better than the targets. I assume they not doing this in high end sports cars.

Disconnecting the tail lights would cause more of a problem, but I'm guessing they are not trying this at 70 where reaction times are pretty critical.

But you have raised an interesting point in that concentration in cars is exceptionally low

Agreed.

HOLA4416

Well, one common ploy is to pass someone, then sharply cut in front of them and brake.

That ISN'T the person behinds fault, although because most people cling to the simple "the person in the rear is responsible" it can be hard to show it wasn't your fault unless there was CCTV or witnesses.

Also, these people sometimes use their mates as "independent" witnesses. Someone in another car who will stop, and claim to have "seen it happen", except that their version backs their mate, who is the scammer.

HOLA4417

Once the other guy is in the lane, yes. If you see another car piling into your lane, you back off. He's not going to hit the brakes while he is halfway across because the impact will be offside and show exactly what happened, and there is also a very high chance of you spinning him into his own lane. If you're not paying attention (or trying to shut the gap to block him), then you'll end up too close. I take the point about HGVs, but for normal cars, I don't understand why the perp's brakes are so much better than the targets. I assume they not doing this in high end sports cars.

Yup I remember the theory test said about increasing the gap of the person between you in front i.e. to back off. You can anticipate this on the M25 leaving a space causes this! Or that they look into their blind spots.

If this happens to you best thing to do is keep alert or demand that the tail light bulbs are tested you know the old CSI trick wich really works!

HOLA4418

Disconnecting the tail lights would cause more of a problem, but I'm guessing they are not trying this at 70 where reaction times are pretty critical.

Agreed.

Once the front driver has the jump on you ,even for a second,the gap is closing.If he brakes as hard as he can you will still hit him because your speed,relative to his,is going to be higher until you come to a standstill. 4X4s represent an excellent target,heavy vehicle = longer stopping distance,plus the bonus of either a dozey bitch chatting on her mobile about her fingernails or a straw chewing yokel thinking about chasing a fox.

Archived