House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pick It Down

The Off Topic Seems A Happier Place Now

Well I took about 5 days off recently when I felt a bit morose ;)

I'm on holiday with the family in France. I gather lots of Off Topicers have either left been banned or gone to play for another team. Seems quiet all the same.

I'm on holiday with the family in France. I gather lots of Off Topicers have either left been banned or gone to play for another team. Seems quiet all the same.

The impression most of us got is that it was a good riddance. Only five or six of them.

I have to admit that I can't say I'd actually noticed anything untoward until I reas that thread about people being banned.

I just come here to have a bit of a rant, a bit of an argumet or a bit of mutual back-slapping with people who's opinions I agree with. Honestly, too many people take too much in life way too seriously! It's an internet discussion board FFS.

The impression most of us got is that it was a good riddance. Only five or six of them.

Yeah but the noise!

OT will probably suffer a bit and be a lot quieter from now on, as well as from being chucked down to the bottom of the list. But in the end, this is HPC, not self-indulgent/ladyboys/poo/wee/online dating.com.

Perhaps the UF lot will be happier in their own little world, it seems that's where they've been all along anyway.

I have to admit that I can't say I'd actually noticed anything untoward until I reas that thread about people being banned.

I just come here to have a bit of a rant, a bit of an argumet or a bit of mutual back-slapping with people who's opinions I agree with. Honestly, too many people take too much in life way too seriously! It's an internet discussion board FFS.

I wouldn't worry. Those who we have lost were only those who thought it funny to post pictures of rats or star trek actors. Easy enough to find if you like their kind of stupidity.

Yeah but the noise!

OT will probably suffer a bit and be a lot quieter from now on, as well as from being chucked down to the bottom of the list. But in the end, this is HPC, not self-indulgent/ladyboys/poo/wee/online dating.com.

Perhaps the UF lot will be happier in their own little world, it seems that's where they've been all along anyway.

Them who have ******ed off were the trash anyway, they ruined things for the rest of us with their posting of kittens or facepalms (gosh, aren't I so funny?).

St Malo, pleasantly warm :).

St Malo was my port of entry. Another week here then we drive down to the Normandy region and spend the last two days before we depart from Caen.

French bread fecking rocks with Mussels.. :D

St Malo was my port of entry. Another week here then we drive down to the Normandy region and spend the last two days before we depart from Caen.

French bread fecking rocks with Mussels.. :D

The mussels are really good this year :).

I wouldn't worry. Those who we have lost were only those who thought it funny to post pictures of rats or star trek actors. Easy enough to find if you like their kind of stupidity.

Never really minded the face-palm thing. It puts into pictures what you think of someone's position.

As I say though, some people just get too wound up about nowt to be honest.

Never really minded the face-palm thing. It puts into pictures what you think of someone's position.

As I say though, some people just get too wound up about nowt to be honest.

I quite liked all the banter, pictures, fun etc...I can understand why some would find it slightly intimidating, like joining an establish gang, not quite knowing if you would be accepted, ignored or laughed off... ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A61i0Xscj-k&feature=search

well if the intention was to make this forum more serious the whole incident has proved successful, definitely no laughs to be found anymore :(why would anyone find it intimidating? It's an internet forum, people typing nonsense and opinions, why would anyone ever feel intimidated?

well if the intention was to make this forum more serious the whole incident has proved successful, definitely no laughs to be found anymore  :(why would anyone find it intimidating? It's an internet forum, people typing nonsense and opinions, why would anyone ever feel intimidated?

...are you talking to me by any chance?......people work in strange ways, I have noticed some nastiness not aimed at anyone specific, little digs that might upset some that are more sensitive...obviously not you. ;)