House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
juvenal

Barclays 'golden' Variable Rate Isa

Just been informed by letter of this rate reduction.

'Golden', my ****!. My £10k gets transferred elsewhere this week.

Sad fact is that there are pretty much no decent rates out there at the moment. I xferred my ISA into Santander at 3% back in March but haven't found anything better. The best rate I can find at the moment for ISA xfers is Cheltenham & Gloucester at 2.7%, branch or post only (instant access).

With this months pay cheque I am just about to hit my annual ISA limit (at 36 I have recently moved back in with my long suffering parents!) of £5,100 and the best non-ISA I seem to be able to find for instant access is the AA Internet Extra (Issue 3) Account at 2.8% gross.

Please post back with what you end up with - I think we are all looking for a good, safe return on our hard earned savings.

Aye but where to transfer it though!?

I'm not prepared to move my money to a Santander instiution, and I don't want to be tied in for 12 months as I may need access to my savings in the first half next year.

All I want is 3% which isn't much, but it doesn't seem possible... :(

Only way to get 3 percent is fix for 3 months in AUD with a bank that does currency accounts, how safe that is I know not.

Not any more its not!

Halifax now offering an ISA with 3% interest rate to their current account customers. Interest rate is 2.8% if you don't have an account with them, which is still pretty good.

Unlimited withdrawals and transfers in ARE allowed!

http://www.halifax.co.uk/savings/isa-direct-reward.asp

Only downside is that the interest is paid annualy instead of monthly, but ah well you can't have everything...

Cheerio Barclays! :lol:

You would think the ISA rate would be the same every year instead of all this issue crap where you get a lower rate for last year's isa.

I was in my branch today and they don't even know their own flipping rates. Cashier was trying to transfer my funds from a e-saver reward account to an essential saver account with a lower rate I think, and there I was thinking the reason I hadn't made any withdrawals was for the damn reward.

Not any more its not!

Halifax now offering an ISA with 3% interest rate to their current account customers. Interest rate is 2.8% if you don't have an account with them, which is still pretty good.

Unlimited withdrawals and transfers in ARE allowed!

http://www.halifax.co.uk/savings/isa-direct-reward.asp

Only downside is that the interest is paid annualy instead of monthly, but ah well you can't have everything...

Cheerio Barclays! :lol:

thanks for reminder......just looking at letter and rate drops Nov 1st. This is a pointless wild goose chase these charlatans have us running, but the money must be moved around to make the shafting less painfull.