House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
guitarman001

Typical Wage

This is a quick one. Girlfriend looking for work - near all jobs around the £12k mark. £14k if you're lucky. No degree/trade, so looking at retail/bank jobs etc. With the lack in the number of jobs in general and wages like this, I can't see house prices rising...

Which proves what a lot of us have been aying for some time, that the reason a lot of people do not work is that it is literally not financially viable to come off benefits and get a job. That sticks in the craw of a lot of people on these boards I realize, but perhaps they should be thinking about how we have arrived at this scenario rather than blame people who are incentivised to not work.

Which proves what a lot of us have been aying for some time, that the reason a lot of people do not work is that it is literally not financially viable to come off benefits and get a job. That sticks in the craw of a lot of people on these boards I realize, but perhaps they should be thinking about how we have arrived at this scenario rather than blame people who are incentivised to not work.

Maybe a bit of a foolish remark by me, but surely the best option to "make it financially viable to come off benefits" is to reduce the amount paid in benefits??!

Maybe a bit of a foolish remark by me, but surely the best option to "make it financially viable to come off benefits" is to reduce the amount paid in benefits??!

You are a dangerous freethinker.

You are a dangerous freethinker.

And you, Okaycuckoo, are clearly Sir Phillip Green, Leader of The Country, or have an unhealthy interest in the sucess of His Leaderships hideously unattractive clothing and high salt content food emporium.

Pop a few kids out and get on the gravy train before tax credits get melted away...

Why not, seems business and the CIPD moaning about lack of skills and wanting more visa entries.

Basically the want cheap labour and all too prepared to import it, whatever the cost to everyone else. So beat the system and twist it to your own benefit.