House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Ponzi

Boss Of Chestertons Says:

Quote "Buying and selling property is a driver of the UK economy"

Of course! Not making things exporting them and employing skilled workers...damn his eyes.

Interview about Govt review of house price indices - why they are so useless.

Today's business section 20 August 2010 - go in 15 mins for interview.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006qj9z

to be fair at least it's only an estate agent saying this.

i'd only get genuinely upset by this kidney stone of wisdom if it had been gushed by someone whose adequate performance of their job required an element of credibility or honesty.

Is he a skool leever in his furst job?

selling NEW houses IS productive and adds to the general wealth.

swapping used houses based on Ponzi Finance is not.

to be fair at least it's only an estate agent saying this.

i'd only get genuinely upset by this kidney stone of wisdom if it had been gushed by someone whose adequate performance of their job required an element of credibility or honesty.

The German finance minister once introduced Alistair Darling at some international finance meeting with the words:

"and now here is the British chancellor who will tell us how to run an economy based entirely on real estate."

this is really good news. Just when we thought we were doomed because we didn't have enough industry to make our country survive the recession this man has come up with the solution.

According to the ONS data housing "wealth" was about 40% of UK Plc overall wealth. Since we have so little manufacuring our money is made (spent) on houses and the feeder service industry (bankster stuff).

Chestertons are right. HPI is our lifeblood--without it we have recession.

When houses stop inflating the economy tanks--like it is doing now. Sterling is linked to HPI also and I suspect the fall from 2.11 a couple of years or so ago to 1.55 today has something to do with the change in fortunes of house prices.

Its all about house prices in this country.

Edited by Realistbear

I'm thinking China here. All you need to do is put a number on every brick, take the house apart and ship it over- I'm sure the Chinese will love our new builds- they are smaller than us after all, so to them the homes will seem bigger.

What's not to like?