House Price Crash Forum

Arctic Ice Still Defying Alarmists' Predictions

Pick It Down

HOLA441

Towards the end of the annual melting season it appears Arctic Ice has once again defied the alarmists' predictions of disappearing completely in summer.

AMSRE_Sea_Ice_Extent_L.png

Hopefully now the clique have left the forum we can discuss things like this without facepalms and kittens spoiling the thread. :) However my original login has been lost in the meantime - mods any chance of sorting that out. I presume someone has took my original login and used it over there therefore getting me banned here.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442

Towards the end of the annual melting season it appears Arctic Ice has once again defied the alarmists' predictions of disappearing completely in summer.

Doesn't look good though tbh. I'd rather see a long term graph, are those variations normal and not an issue, how does the level fit with the last 100 years.

Hopefully now the clique have left the forum we can discuss things like this without facepalms and kittens spoiling the thread. :) However my original login has been lost in the meantime - mods any chance of sorting that out. I presume someone has took my original login and used it over there therefore getting me banned here.

AFAIK bans were only for things done on here, you would only have had your PMs withdrawn if you were impersonated.

HOLA443

Doesn't look good though tbh. I'd rather see a long term graph, are those variations normal and not an issue, how does the level fit with the last 100 years.

Here's a global graph.

2616877_f496.jpg

Prior to 1979 we have to rely on anecdotes - and there is evidence that Arctic ice has a ~60 year cycle as around the 1940s it had another spell of the ice shrinking, but it eventually recovered and then all the scientists were mentioning the oncoming new ice age ;)

AFAIK bans were only for things done on here, you would only have had your PMs withdrawn if you were impersonated.

I am just completely unable to log in under my old name. Contacting moderators seems impossible unless you create another login to mention it.

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448

Here's a global graph.

2616877_f496.jpg

Prior to 1979 we have to rely on anecdotes - and there is evidence that Arctic ice has a ~60 year cycle as around the 1940s it had another spell of the ice shrinking, but it eventually recovered and then all the scientists were mentioning the oncoming new ice age ;)

That's more like it, the first graph IMO was actually supporting MMGW.

I am just completely unable to log in under my old name. Contacting moderators seems impossible unless you create another login to mention it.

There is an e-mail: forum@housepricecrash.co.uk to contact if you have a problems.

HOLA449

facepalm.jpg

Mods you appear to have missed one.

I'm no expert on the subject - but who predicted that the artic ice sheet would completely disappear this summer? I got the impression that it was something that was "likely" to happen in 5-10 years.

Could be wrong though.

The low point in 2007 was deemed to be because of global warming and because the newly formed ice would be thin ("rotten") and it would melt even quicker in a vicious cycle, etc. What seems to have happened was the wind patterns in 2007 blew the ice out into warmer waters where it melted. That hasn't happened since and we have had a good recovery.

To find who predicted the ice would disappear I suggest using Google because there were plenty who called it!

That's more like it, the first graph IMO was actually supporting MMGW.

There is an e-mail: forum@housepricecrash.co.uk to contact if you have a problems.

Thanks, I'll give that a bash!

HOLA4410

To find who predicted the ice would disappear I suggest using Google because there were plenty who called it!

Thanks, but I can't be bothered.

You're standing there making fun of the "alarmists", but you can't be bothered to say who they were, what their precise statements were, or when they made them. "Just google it". Well, you made the claim, so you back it up or else shut up.

What is it about the MMGW debates; they always seem to attract people with the intellect and debating skills of a midge*?

* and I'm talking about both sides of the debate. Just so we're clear.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412

Here's a global graph.

2616877_f496.jpg

So the ice sheets have shrunk since 1979? Is this supposed to support the case against global warming?

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415

So the ice sheets have shrunk since 1979? Is this supposed to support the case against global warming?

Global warming is not an issue.

MAN MADE global warming is a claim that must be proved or denied.

HOLA4416
HOLA4417

Yes it is.

Some people claim it's stopped. It certainly seems to have slowed down recently.

Not sure myself. Too early to tell.

Only an imbecile would say temperature change has stopped.

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422

Thanks, but I can't be bothered.

You're standing there making fun of the "alarmists", but you can't be bothered to say who they were, what their precise statements were, or when they made them. "Just google it". Well, you made the claim, so you back it up or else shut up.

What is it about the MMGW debates; they always seem to attract people with the intellect and debating skills of a midge*?

* and I'm talking about both sides of the debate. Just so we're clear.

"Arctic sea ice is now retreating so quickly that scientists say there is now a 50-50 chance that it will have gone completely by September."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/earthnews/3345666/North-Pole-ice-may-disappear-by-September.html

All within natural variability.

Sorry, I forgot that on here there is only one point of view and no opposition will be tolerated. Whither freedom of speech?

Freedom of speech is allowed here. I made 4 posts this morning at the other place and got promptly banned for daring to disagree with their clique. ;)

HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425

Archived