House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

goldilocksporridge

Generation Me: The Devils Spawn

Generation ME lack empathy

How big is your childs ego

Recently just looking at the A level Results and the amount of work they put in - and one think struck me is, with Generation ME, say people in their teens and 20s vs 30s is the out and out selfish attitude -ok a generalisation there not all like. Seems they are all into managing their life, and being ultra competitive in their lives mostly at work.

It seems get as many facebook friends as possible, have no opinions on anything, working every hour to get up the career ladder is only thing that matters, , friends are only there be used for your own advantage, there all very smug and self satisfied with themselves - no sense of angst or struggle with anything, a cold calculating mean attitude. Almost old before there time - like there middle aged.

Perhaps they have no university grants, there are less jobs, house prices and rent is too expensive, everyone goes to uni and they have no tangible skills- so the result the need to become ultra competitive to get ahead.

Recently just looking at the A level Results and the amount of work they put in - and one think struck me is, with Generation ME, say people in their teens and 20s vs 30s is the out and out selfish attitude -ok a generalisation there not all like. Seems they are all into managing their life, and being ultra competitive in their lives mostly at work.

It seems get as many facebook friends as possible, have no opinions on anything, working every hour to get up the career ladder is only thing that matters, , friends are only there be used for your own advantage, there all very smug and self satisfied with themselves - no sense of angst or struggle with anything, a cold calculating mean attitude. Almost old before there time - like there middle aged.

Perhaps they have no university grants, there are less jobs, house prices and rent is too expensive, everyone goes to uni and they have no tangible skills- so the result the need to become ultra competitive to get ahead.

All ending in tears, depression and mental illness very soon? There is only so much input a human mind can take from facebook,TV, I-pods etc? I honestly believe we are in the early stages of a massive evolution in consciousness, this "me" generation is the last flight of ego/materialistic maybe?

All ending in tears, depression and mental illness very soon? There is only so much input a human mind can take from facebook,TV, I-pods etc? I honestly believe we are in the early stages of a massive evolution in consciousness, this "me" generation is the last flight of ego/materialistic maybe?

Mmm well your positive - I think Generation Me are the evolutionary result of the system we are living in, its not there fault - and it will only get worse - more of the same calculating, evil, greedy souless, facebook loving, crap TV, ultra competitve, slimy, apprentice corporate loving wanabee rats. I suppose I am in the middle between the younger and older generation - and see both their mindsets

True, but I feel sorry for young people. The world has been destroyed by globalisation. These people don't even know how to live. Many of them believe that Simon Cowell is their saviour.

It's ridiculous but I don't blame them, I pity them. They were born into this hellhole that is the modern world. This superficiality has all spawned from modern day globalised capitalism. It has destroyed everything.

Rofl.

And boomers wanting house prices to forever go up even though it means their children will never be able to afford a home isn't selfish?

Society as a whole is selfish now , it's not just one generation you can categorise in this fashion.

True, but I feel sorry for young people. The world has been destroyed by globalisation. These people don't even know how to live. Many of them believe that Simon Cowell is their saviour.

It's ridiculous but I don't blame them, I pity them. They were born into this hellhole that is the modern world. This superficiality has all spawned from modern day globalised capitalism. It has destroyed everything.

+1 The kids just follow the example and the status quo set by the previous generation. They don't question it because they have never known any different. Sad really. It will become more of a rat race before things start to improve for them. Yes, I pity the little buggers as well.

Rofl.

And boomers wanting house prices to forever go up even though it means their children will never be able to afford a home isn't selfish?

Society as a whole is selfish now , it's not just one generation you can categorise in this fashion.

seems so. somethings changed since 2000.