House Price Crash Forum
The Masked Tulip

Pwc Warns Of 'slowth' Decade For House Prices

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/economics/houseprices/7956988/PwC-warns-of-slowth-decade-for-house-prices.html

UK house prices will not recover to their 2007 peak for another decade, once the effects of inflation are included, the world's largest accounting firm has warned.

We want them to FALL!

I would take this with a pinch of salt.

Reading the thread about accountants its clear they know nothing...................................... :D

I would take this with a pinch of salt.

Reading the thread about accountants its clear they know nothing...................................... :D

In my day it was the guys who "failed" (anyone remember that word?)their A Levels and couldn't get into university that ended up in accountancy.

NIESR is more pessimistic, forecasting that house prices
will fall 8pc in the next five years
once inflation is taken into account. Capital Economics has been gloomier still, predicting a
crash of over 20pc in the next two years
as house prices re-establish their traditional link with earnings.

The reality bits are a bit further on in the article. However, I cannot see how the market can plateau as the bubble is bursting and all of the fundamentals* have gone negative for further inflation in house prices. I see this as a healthy thing as too many trillions were "invested" in non-productive assets which is why we are almost 5TR in debt.

*Global slowdown, jobs, trade balance, IR have nowhere to go but up, BTL dead due to lack of capital gain potential and falling rents as economy recedes and jobs are lost or go part time.....

In my day it was the guys who "failed" (anyone remember that word?)their A Levels and couldn't get into university that ended up in accountancy.

Nobody fails because the kids nowadays are far sharper. We're evolving into a super-race don't you know - just talk to the average 18 year old on the street and you'll see that.

Nobody fails because the kids nowadays are far sharper. We're evolving into a super-race don't you know - just talk to the average 18 year old on the street and you'll see that.

We can all thank Brown and the Balls creature for raising the standards just before the GE. So many A passes must mean they did something right? *

* :lol::lol::lol:

:lol:

I see the problem with many posters on here making their judgements on what they want to happen, not on what is the most likely outcome.

With negative interest rates we will likely see a long slow decline in 'real' property prices rather than a deflationary sharp 'nominal' fall to cheapness.

Property will become very cheap in real terms but it will take five years to a decade to get there.

Edited by ringledman