House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
shermanator

'hamptons' - Spiel?

Thought you guys may be interested a letter I was sent by my local branch of Hamptons in Dulwich, drumming up business.

"To help you decide if now is a good time to sell, consider these key market indicators:"

* The number of buyers registering through our London network is 23% higher than at this time last year.

* There are 31% fewer properties coming on to the market.

*As demand increases and supply tightens, prices should remain firm.

*Interest rates have just been reduced causing the costs of borrowing to drop.

*Prices in the prime parts of the Capital have been relatively stable throughout 2005.

"It is normal for the property market in London to pick up in the Autumn after the distractions of the Summer and I am confident that this year will be particularly active given the principal economic fundamentals that drive the market are generally very positive".

Now, I think all this has an air of clutching at straws. Refusing to see what is plainly obvious by living in a state of denial about the deflation of the property bubble.

What do you think. Are Hamptons right???

So they are trying to claim that they are experiencing relatively very high levels of demand from buyers and relatively low levels of supply of properties to sell?

That's very... creative.

Now, I think all this has an air of clutching at straws. Refusing to see what is plainly obvious by living in a state of denial about the deflation of the property bubble.

Of course Hamptons aren't right....they know the truth better than anyone.......But as everyone in sales knows "Now is a great time to buy/sell".....if you can't say that in a convincing manner you may as well close up shop.

There are two peaks in property: first in spring (biggest) second in Autumn. Each of these last "peaks" has been dismal......The likes of Hamptons can weather out a couple of these before some serious belt tightening.

Their attempts to drum up some confidence are unlikely to make any impact on the comming Autumn.....but they must try

Mentioned in a another thread, I was looking at a dump (quiet literally) priced at £300k (arf arf). I told EA it was overpriced, and he looked at me like I was from space, and said - you do the £70k of work to this, it'll be worth £410k. I replied I didn't think that value would hold as prices were falling, and he decided I wasn't from space, but another dimension. He just asked where i'd heard that, I replied 'stats' and he then said teh area I was in was a 'micro market'.

I'll be back at that house in 6 months if some idiot hasn't bought it, making an insulting offer...

Mentioned in a another thread, I was looking at a dump (quiet literally) priced at £300k (arf arf). I told EA it was overpriced, and he looked at me like I was from space, and said - you do the £70k of work to this, it'll be worth £410k. I replied I didn't think that value would hold as prices were falling, and he decided I wasn't from space, but another dimension. He just asked where i'd heard that, I replied 'stats' and he then said teh area I was in was a 'micro market'.

I'll be back at that house in 6 months if some idiot hasn't bought it, making an insulting offer...

Micro-market! You're in London and you're seeing falls. It's worse outside of London.

Guest Bart of Darkness

'micro market' my ar*e!

So not only is it "different this time" but this difference is different in different areas.

The sooner this parasitical EA t*at is forced to take a proper job, involving real work, the better.

Thought you guys may be interested a letter I was sent by my local branch of Hamptons in Dulwich, drumming up business.

"To help you decide if now is a good time to sell, consider these key market indicators:"

* The number of buyers registering through our London network is 23% higher than at this time last year.

* There are 31% fewer properties coming on to the market.

*As demand increases and supply tightens, prices should remain firm.

*Interest rates have just been reduced causing the costs of borrowing to drop.

*Prices in the prime parts of the Capital have been relatively stable throughout 2005.

"It is normal for the property market in London to pick up in the Autumn after the distractions of the Summer and I am confident that this year will be particularly active given the principal economic fundamentals that drive the market are generally very positive".

Hamptons are simply lying. Bare faced, palpable, lies.

VP