House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
gruffydd

150 Irish Hotels Under Threat

More bleating "we cant get money from anyone else"

either they are insolvent or its 8ollox.

If insolvent, then let them crash.

say half folded, the other half would get the business and succeed.

using the anthony worrall thompson playbook to try and keep overpriced/failing restaurants in business

honestly, when buying kitchen stuff..would you really buy stuff he endorsed??

or any other celebrity chef?

no doubt, he is a really talented chef, but buy pans with his face on??

It was Bank of Scotland that kicked off the mortgage price and lending war in Ireland. Look where it all took them.

http://www.independe...ry-2304138.html

"It famously unleashes a mortgage price war through brokers putting rivals under intense pressure. It later merged with ICC Bank to become Bank of Scotland (Ireland). "

the bubble was NOT the fault of bankers lowering criteria for lending to more and more people the.

I bet their published criteria was very sensible though.

Edited by Bloo Loo

I would not buy anything any so called celebrity endorsed..... to pay for their endorsement the price would be higher, I would only buy if had a recommendation from someone I knew and trusted who didn't have a vested interest in the product, or would not gain from it in any way. ;)

I used to think that, but discovered Lloyd Grossman's range of pasta sauces and they're lovely.

Plus, they're regularly discounted by 40% or 1/2 price in Tescos when I buy them a boxed doz. at a time.

Loving this hyperinflationary holocaust!

The Irish Hotel Federation has claimed 150 hotels are under threat after the announcement that Bank of Scotland Ireland is to close.

Bollock$!

150 hotel owners might be under threat but the hotels will still be there after the owners have gone bust. New owners will buy them up for peanuts from the liquidators, and because they didn't overpay for them they will have a good chance of turning a profit.

Why does a hotel need to borrow its working capital anyway? They presumably buy their supplies on credit yet get paid by guests on the nail. Surely cash-flow should be positive.

The suspicion has got to be that they are insolvent businesses and deserve to fail.

Edited by Mr Yogi

They brought in a whole load of 'innovations' from the uk.

these "innovations" soon to be unleashed upon uk,

look what they've done in Ireland,

coming here to make your day.

I used to think that, but discovered Lloyd Grossman's range of pasta sauces and they're lovely.

Plus, they're regularly discounted by 40% or 1/2 price in Tescos when I buy them a boxed doz. at a time.

My pasta sauces are far nicer....and I'm more famous. ;)

What's in a pasta sauce? a tinned of chopped tomatoes, tomato puree, onion, garlic and herbs...knock it up in 20 mins cost 35p if that.

edit: forgot the most important bit.

Edited by winkie

My pasta sauces are far nicer....and I'm more famous. ;)

What's in a pasta sauce? a tinned of chopped tomatoes, tomato puree, onion, garlic and herbs...knock it up in 20 mins cost 35p if that.

edit: forgot the most important bit.

Im sure I could knock up Lloyd Grossman in 5 minutes.

Im sure I could knock up Lloyd Grossman in 5 minutes.

...you need the few extra minutes simmering for the flavours to infuse, so yes it would be better than gross man. ;)

...you need the few extra minutes simmering for the flavours to infuse, so yes it would be better than gross man. ;)

preheating? thats for ladies only..

LOL - they already more than tripled the price since 2007! Any 'discount' is prob double the price - they just waited till you got accustomed to the inflated newer prices.