House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tonkers

Employment Tribunal

I am 5 months in to an employment tribunal and await a hearing date. However, I was contacted by an HR consultant today who says he has been hired by the other side to investigate pending hearing my appeal? Surely any investigation should be held before you are dismissed. Seems quite weird to me.

I have sent over to my solicitor but wondered if anyone on here had any experience of this one, as it will take them a while to get back to me and I am starting to feel a bit persecuted by my old company!

I am 5 months in to an employment tribunal and await a hearing date. However, I was contacted by an HR consultant today who says he has been hired by the other side to investigate pending hearing my appeal? Surely any investigation should be held before you are dismissed. Seems quite weird to me.

I have sent over to my solicitor but wondered if anyone on here had any experience of this one, as it will take them a while to get back to me and I am starting to feel a bit persecuted by my old company!

That is the aim though isn't it - to make you feel persecuted, to put pressure on you in the hope that you will back down.

This is true with all civil court proceedings so you are just going to have to grin and bear it I know. They usually want to get you into a mindset where you are on the defensive, where you do not sleep well each night because you are worrying about what will come through the letetrbox the following morning... knowing that your own boy will take time to reply... so you are constantly on edge, stressed and on the defensive.

I mention this in the hope that it will help you see that you have two option - you can either let them get to you, which is what they want, or you can adopt a different mindset. The latter is more difficult but is the way to go IMPO.

When you say you were contacted, what did he say he wanted? Was he asking you for specific information or just telling you that he existed and had been hired. If the latter, my inclination would be not to reply at all, but simply to cite this as evidence of additional harassment at the tribunal itself (and abuse of process - as TMT points out, the investigating should have been done before dismissal).

By the way, make sure you keep a diary of every letter when it arrives and when it was sent - dates on letters can be vastly different to postmarks on envelopes so keep a diary of date on letter, date on postmark and date when letter arrived.

Log all conversations and telephone calls in the diary also.

It is an interesting tactic used by legal bods - they know you have a lawyer so why not contact your lawyer. Why the wait of 5 months. IMPO it is all part of the wearing you down process.

Thanks for this, just knowing they can't just drag me all through it again, been chewing through a lip today!

It is an attempt at time wasting and causing further expense. I am standing firm.

It does seem they have made another tactical error, like screaming from the rooftops that they did not investigate anything, and have no regard to the law and procedure. Added to this I now have evidence that they are impacting my ability to find work using slander. They have enacted a vendetta.