House Price Crash Forum
Pauly_Boy

What Happened To Bbc Business News?

Now I know this is hardly news as it's been rubbish for a while, but why?

• World Business report used to be 30 minutes, now it's 10!
  • Working lunch used to be quite insightful, but after the remake it ended up teaching you to suck eggs. The program has now been canned
  • On News24, the business news bearly touches the markets, just saying the market is up or down with the news rushed over in 2 minutes.

It seems that after all the who-ha about the credit crunch in 2007/8, they think we all had a life times worth of financial news so they don't bother anymore.

The only positive thing I can say is about the 'red button' news, which has been expanded

• Working lunch used to be quite insightful, but after the remake it ended up teaching you to suck eggs. The program has now been canned

• On News24, the business news bearly touches the markets, just saying the market is up or down with the news rushed over in 2 minutes.

It seems that after all the who-ha about the credit crunch in 2007/8, they think we all had a life times worth of financial news so they don't bother anymore.

The only positive thing I can say is about the 'red button' news, which has been expanded

March 09 after the G20 meeting where they "fixed" the economy" the global media was requested to emphasise the good and skim over the bad. Very little good news so coverage has to be shorter.

And the worst thing is you have to tolerate Juliette Foster, Caroline Hepke, Babita Sharma and co all talking about,"pwoperty" and "pwincipal" and "pwolonged". It's a linguistic virus which only seems to affect the female of the species ,but is this speech a pre-requisite for employment with the BBC? Is it supposed to be attractive? Is it demonstrating some arcane but higher social order attribute that is lost on me in my plebeian world?

Anyone shed any light??

Because the BBC is a nest of strident Lefties who can't open their mouths without inviting the abolishment of the License Fee.

So they keep their mouths shut. In the end, even they know which side their bread is buttered.

Saying that, Laura Kuenssberg kept Ed Balls in his place last night, reminding him that he had actually been in power for 13 years and had left our education system in the state it is in.

March 09 after the G20 meeting where they "fixed" the economy" the global media was requested to emphasise the good and skim over the bad. Very little good news so coverage has to be shorter.

Exactly. The guest list for that meeting included most of the heads of large media corporations and editors etc etc.

The reduction in media exposure is a good indicator to the level of interest in shares (as a value investor). Note, they may fall further or scrape along the bottom for a few years yet.

People buy and take interest when prices are high, and people sell, lose interest when prices are low

The reduction in media exposure is a good indicator to the level of interest in shares (as a value investor). Note, they may fall further or scrape along the bottom for a few years yet.

People buy and take interest when prices are high, and people sell, lose interest when prices are low

I think you are misinterpreting the signals because they are not true signals they are just a factor of the controlled media during this crisis. It is like people citing rising stock markets and rising comodities as evidence of economic recovery. These signal are being manipulated.

from an earlier post.

http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/index.php?app=forums&module=post&section=post&do=reply_post&f=22&t=149017&qpid=2664660

Back in March 09 post the G20 there was a clear shift in the media stance regarding the crisis we are in. My belief has been that in combination of efforts by the global governments to fix prices to prevent a deflation spiral taking hold (US pumping the stock markets, Oil being stock piled to push prices rapidly into the $60 region and China stock piling commodities) they also worked with media on a massive propaganda campaign by the MSM. One could not be achieved without the other and it was very successful.

Many people found it hard to believe governments could control either the markets or the media. Is this the first insight into the steps taken to get the green shoots messages over the airwaves?

http://www.zerohedge.com/article/gasparino-confirms-jeff-immelt-scolded-cnbc-staff-being-anti-obama

Gasparino Confirms Jeff Immelt Scolded CNBC Staff For Being Anti-Obama

Submitted by Tyler Durden on 08/10/2010 22:29 -0500

Charlie Gasparino, who recently left CNBC not on the best of terms, and ever since has been casting stone after stone at his former megalith employer, was on the O'Reilly Factor earlier, confirming what everyone has known for a long, long time, namely that CNBC's pro administration bias which appeared spontaneously and unexpectedly in early 2009, came from the very top, i.e., Jeff Immelt himself. Quote Gasparino: "There was this issue where Jeff Immelt, Chairman of GE, called in some of the senior staff [of CNBC] and clearly was worried, according to the people I spoke to, who were in that meeting, about the possibility that we were becoming too "anti-administration." They will deny it officially, but from what I understand, people got called into this meeting and they were basically not exactly read the riot act, but the question of whether they were being fair to the president was brought up. I have never heard that before." Of course, with GE one of the primary beneficiaries of the administration's TBTF largesse (lest we forget what a toxic repository of worthless toxic filth GE Commercial managed to become), this is not at all surprising. We just hope readers keep all this in mind if they ever are exposed to CNBC content.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dq428cqNZbM&feature=player_embedded

Exactly. The guest list for that meeting included most of the heads of large media corporations and editors etc etc.

The outworking of which is artciles like these that appeared this morning to cheer the sheeple into more borrowing:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/economics/7954930/High-sales-and-low-debts-lift-recovery-hopes.html

High sales and low debts lift recovery hopes
Britain was given four reasons to cheer on Thursday as a slew of upbeat economic data raised hopes that the recovery is here to stay.

Radio 4's Today has Biz News at 0615 to 0630am. The Friday Boss interviews can be pretty good - the odious Express newspaperman was interesting.

There have only need a handful of Bears on the markets slot - Bob Prechter and Peter Schiff in the last 12 months.

All the others are fund managers talking about the recovereh and now's the time to buy shares.

They always used to do the markets + Currency on BBC Breakfast business bit. Now they just do the markets.

Don't know the reason why.

They always used to do the markets + Currency on BBC Breakfast business bit. Now they just do the markets.

Don't know the reason why.

I even saw them do gold once, never happened again for some reason. You'd think a public broadcasting service would be obliged to make people aware, especially savers being robbed by record low interest rates, of an investment market that has made me a 23% return in 18 months ( that's after dealer spreads have been paid).

It's very odd, if I wasn't so ignorant I'd think they were less like a public service and more like a government propaganda machine...

I don't see the point of it what with 'tinternet and Bloomberg on Sky (£1 a month). You're better off reading about Business News than watching remedial economics on BBC.

its because your on here and informed. the news was always sheep feed, only you couldnt suck eggs before.

now you can.

Edited by right_freds_dead

Working lunch used to be quite insightful, but after the remake it ended up teaching you to suck eggs. The program has now been canned

Thank f for that. Once upon a time they had actual business affairs on there. Now all they do is mention the top 5 savings rates and have some guy from Clinton Cards tell you about their new range of cards you can smell. And don't even get me started on Breakfast. I have a physical reaction to it. Problem is they'll probably just replace it with some crappy show like 'Mauve or Move'. Where someone who got famous on a reality show swans about irritating an upper middle class couple, who can't decide between redecorating or buying a new house.

The only news progammes that have any weight to them are Newsnight and Hardtalk. Both of which are shoved in the late hours.