House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Eric Blair

This Board Is Dying

All I can say you appear to be spamming and are flooding the whole forum with yout Topics. :rolleyes:

jesus! somebody's got to or we're looking at extinction.

have you got anything to contribute yourself besides snide remarks?

jesus! somebody's got to or we're looking at extinction.

have you got anything to contribute yourself besides snide remarks?

This Forum has been through many crisis and pulled through.

I started posting on the original Forum, registration not required one week after it went on line on the 23rd October 2003.

Invited by Webmaster to be a Moderator on the new registration required Forum which came on line June 2004 in August 2005.

Gave all for 3 years, so please don`t insult me with your stupid remarks. If it was not for the vigilance of The Oldie and Myself during our time as Moderators there would not be a bloody Forum here today to give you a chance to spam.

You are typical of posters here who have a desire to be noticed and get your 15 minutes of fame.

BTW if you could read my original posts as CTT you will find how much I have contributed to this Forum.

Now report me you are nothing more than a wannabe.

Your view is very subjective. It is almost impossible for it to be objective so I'm not intending to insult you. You must realise that your view is just that and only that and a more accurate translation of your comment would probably be that this site is no longer entertaining you. Step back and face some realism. It was never intended to entertain you and doesn't care if you are entertained or not. My guess is that you find the intellectual level of a lot of the input way over your head and you are unable to contribute in a meaningful way and you are therefore getting frustrated.

Rather than complain about how boring everyone is hows about you sit back and read more and educate yourself so that you can contribute at a higher level You will then feel far more fulfilled and realise that no matter where you go you will always find someone smarter than you, that is not a bad thing, but is an opportunity for you to advance yourself. That is where I am. I read far more than I write and hopefully can learn something so that every once in while I can say something meaningful. Better to be positive occasionally than negative all the time.

You asked for comments and there are my two cents . . . about all it is worth . . . but it's better than whining!

It's a lot better than it was a couple of weeks ago. The cliquey malfeasants that used to disrupt threads they didn't like with pictures of facepalms or kittens have been got rid of thanks to proactive moderations. A couple of the blighters still hang around thinking they own the place but that shan't be for long.

It's a lot better than it was a couple of weeks ago. The cliquey malfeasants that used to disrupt threads they didn't like with pictures of facepalms or kittens have been got rid of thanks to proactive moderations. A couple of the blighters still hang around thinking they own the place but that shan't be for long.

So they banned you for daring to disagree with them, what a load of hypocrites.

I find it quite amusing. I made 4 posts over there and they found it within themselves to ban me because they disagreed. It is quite bizarre. This place should be a whole lot more pleasant without them - I've noticed quite a number of people coming out of the woodwork after the five or six of them left.

How odd! Hypocrisy is not defined as such. To be hypocritical you have to say one thing and do another. If you hold a meeting and toss out people who try to disrupt it that is not hypocrisy it is common sense. If everybody tolerated everybody then only the intolerant would survive. Setting standards of behaviour is the very cornerstone of civilization.

How odd! Hypocrisy is not defined as such. To be hypocritical you have to say one thing and do another. If you hold a meeting and toss out people who try to disrupt it that is not hypocrisy it is common sense. If everybody tolerated everybody then only the intolerant would survive. Setting standards of behaviour is the very cornerstone of civilization.

And it is not hypocritical for someone to accuse another person of doing something and then do exactly the same thing themselves?

And it is not hypocritical for someone to accuse another person of doing something and then do exactly the same thing themselves?

The thing is this board is best without their rank ignorance.

If you hold a meeting and toss out people who try to disrupt it that is not hypocrisy it is common sense.

Isn't that what the mods did on here and for which they were vilified by the UF crowd? Who are now doing the same thing?

And who says Pick It Down was trying to disrupt things? I haven't seen his UF posts. Have you?

I think you are stretching the definition of a hypocrite. If a thief is the victim of theft and complains about it then he may be at the short end of poetic justice but he is telling the truth. He is still a thief and so is the other guy but is he hypocritical? Bit of a stretch.

I think you are stretching the definition of a hypocrite. If a thief is the victim of theft and complains about it then he may be at the short end of poetic justice but he is telling the truth. He is still a thief and so is the other guy but is he hypocritical? Bit of a stretch.

Okay, you choose the correct word and we can use that.

Isn't that what the mods did on here and for which they were vilified by the UF crowd? Who are now doing the same thing?

And who says Pick It Down was trying to disrupt things? I haven't seen his UF posts. Have you?

Well, I think getting evicted is evidence all by itself of disruption. My point would be that eviction for disruption is perfectly legitimate for both sides. Complaining about it as being unjust is a totally different subject, but when "unjust "is defined by those who do the evicting, and it is a private club subject to its own rules only, then charges of hypocrisy are a bit moot.

Well, I think getting evicted is evidence all by itself of disruption. My point would be that eviction for disruption is perfectly legitimate for both sides. Complaining about it as being unjust is a totally different subject, but when "unjust "is defined by those who do the evicting, and it is a private club subject to its own rules only, then charges of hypocrisy are a bit moot.

Are you a retired English teacher?

I have posted on both sites.

Some people on UF are clearly bitter and upset.

Hamish and Pals post the same way about HPC on the MSE website. they seem to feel very aggrieved, either genuinely or maybe its by design by a clever VI.

Its not nice being banned if you think all youve been doing is posting an opinion. Indeed, some may have such strong opinions, they dont even realise that the force they use is offensive to some.

me, I just get on, post my jokes and views, hunt the occasional troll by exposure. Ive NEVER complained directly about a poster other then directly to their avatar or PM.

I can understand that if I was suddenly banned that I would want some sort of explanation and/or revenge.

This board is not dying....just going through a change. AS CTT says, its survived before...indeed, CTT used to post on the "night shift", and seemed to take a lot of flack for a while before leaving....it IS a rufty tufty place to post...and if you are in the least sensitive...its gonna bite.

This Forum has been through many crisis and pulled through.

I started posting on the original Forum, registration not required one week after it went on line on the 23rd October 2003.

Invited by Webmaster to be a Moderator on the new registration required Forum which came on line June 2004 in August 2005.

Gave all for 3 years, so please don`t insult me with your stupid remarks. If it was not for the vigilance of The Oldie and Myself during our time as Moderators there would not be a bloody Forum here today to give you a chance to spam.

You are typical of posters here who have a desire to be noticed and get your 15 minutes of fame.

BTW if you could read my original posts as CTT you will find how much I have contributed to this Forum.

Now report me you are nothing more than a wannabe.

Ouch!

Harsh, .... but fair! :D

I have posted on both sites.

Some people on UF are clearly bitter and upset.

Hamish and Pals post the same way about HPC on the MSE website. they seem to feel very aggrieved, either genuinely or maybe its by design by a clever VI.

Its not nice being banned if you think all youve been doing is posting an opinion. Indeed, some may have such strong opinions, they dont even realise that the force they use is offensive to some.

me, I just get on, post my jokes and views, hunt the occasional troll by exposure. Ive NEVER complained directly about a poster other then directly to their avatar or PM.

I can understand that if I was suddenly banned that I would want some sort of explanation and/or revenge.

This board is not dying....just going through a change. AS CTT says, its survived before...indeed, CTT used to post on the "night shift", and seemed to take a lot of flack for a while before leaving....it IS a rufty tufty place to post...and if you are in the least sensitive...its gonna bite.

Good comment.

Personally, I have never had any confrontation with HPC and, importantly, never found the moderation to be intrusive in any way. The news of the schism was . . . total news to me.

Re: 'The Board Is Dying'. Forums are no different to any other media. They reflect fashions and what's going on at any particular point in time. Expect more posts during times of bank crashes, invasions of foreign countries or royal deaths than at other times. That's normal. As with newspaper sales.

This seems a fairly naive post by the OP.

I'll be honest, it seems the people who made the off-topic a thoroughly distastely place are all the ones who have ******** off and decided to chat amongst themselves. Which I am sure is real good fun for them. I did head over for a while and make a couple of posts but got immediately banned which kind of shows what sort of forum they are after - you either agree with them or you don't exist.

That kind of explains why they tried to kill any thread on this forum that they disagreed with. Their kitten pictures were all very pleasant, but they do get slightly boring.