House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Charlie The Tramp Returns

Political Correctness

Reading the uproar over the building of a Mosque near Ground Zero and Obama supporting it could you see this appearing on our media

I dont watch our "media", because its all fake and mind washing.

Political correctness began in the USA! Theyve had affirmative action/positive discrimination far longer than us.

Its just they have a more 'free' media than us, TV here is bound to be 'impartial' (ie heavily censored), whereas their networks are free to report from a right wing slant (FOX) or leftwing (every other network) - particularly on their talk radio and 'shock jocks' the freedom of reporting is clear .That said, compared to the BBC at least, its truly amazing just how slavishly pro Israel all the US TV networks are.

James Whale could be *somewhat* shock jock a few years back i guess. Doesnt really seem anyone out there at the moment who can get me interested on UK radio, or even if they are allowed to.

Russia Today and Aljazerra for me. Fox could be a nice right wing anecdote to the plethora of left wing channels, but for the fact they take an excessively tabloidy and neocon angle in chasing viewing figures. Id like to see it like newspapers you choose right wing telegraph or leftwing guardian.

Instead we have the 'choice' of BBC,ITV, and SKY, all closely watched by the same establishment metropolitan elite for what they decide is 'bias'

Reading the uproar over the building of a Mosque near Ground Zero and Obama supporting it could you see this appearing on our media

No problem with someone building a mosque, if they own the land, it's zoned for building, and they want to do that with it.

No problem with someone building a gay bar, if [ditto]. Or a strip club, ...

OTOH the caption on there suggests its some moron just out to be offensive. We have our share of yobs like that in the UK, but they're more usually found at football matches, town centres on a saturday night, or certain marches, than in a suit.

Brilliant, I'm glad to see that the ham shanks aren't completely kowtowed! There might be some life left in Uncle Sam yet!

Whose Media do you watch to see what`s happening in the UK? :unsure:

Why do I need to know that? I sometimes have a look at google news, I was kinda saying I dont watch any tv of this kind.

I have found I am happier not watching news. A lot of it I couldnt care less about, for instance I bet the news is awash with whats going on in Pakistan right now.

OTOH the caption on there suggests its some moron just out to be offensive. We have our share of yobs like that in the UK, but they're more usually found at football matches, town centres on a saturday night, or certain marches, than in a suit.

The interesting thing about your statement, its the yobs who dont fear saying the wrong thing and can say it as it is. Those suit wearers perhaps have more to lose and have to be politically correct. Which actually by definition mean saying things which arent correct, but one must pretend they are to be political. The usual challenge when someone slips up is "You cant say that!" , never "That's not true!"

I think I would rather be the yob in this context.

1) Political correctness started in the USA

2) This clip is an example of political correctness. It is approaching election time in the USA and it is a requirement that to support one of the parties you should object to the Mosque rather than support the constitution of the country. The politically correct element being the assumtion that the mosque is important but the constitution is irrelevant.

3) Unfortunately this sort of thing does occur in our media. Spin is all. Thinking is banned, much better to fight like football hooligans from different teams.