House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

happy_renting

Bt Tv Ads

I'm really tired of these cheesy BT TV ads. They are even more saccharine than the Gold Blend couple back in the late 1980's.

BT recently ran an internet poll about how this tiresome mini-soap should develop. Despite some intelligent suggestions (the couple dying in a car crash, etc.) the public (1.6 million of us them) voted overall for the female character to be pregnant.

I manage to avoid ITV but unfortunately these creepy ads are being aired on Channel4. I shall have to carry a sick bag every time I have a TV dinner now.

I hope the actors involved never work again and die in obscurity and poverty. It would only be just.

yeah they are so shit. one minute hes buying a 4 bed in london, then hes in some dorset harbour pad with a host of instant (and into football) friends. the guys. then shes up the duff. he talks to her young son online...mmmm.. :huh: sounds like grooming to me...and he must have money falling out of his ****.

his mum calls. hes gambling, then shopping, then hiring prostitues. ive yet to see him actually do any job or work.

i preferred it when it was busby. you knew where you were with busby. he was a bird. you spent money on calls. and bernard cribbins was the perfect selection for the voice over. failing that probably alex ferguson doing the voice of a string puppet ostrich.

yeah they are so shit. one minute hes buying a 4 bed in london, then hes in some dorset harbour pad with a host of instant (and into football) friends. the guys. then shes up the duff. he talks to her young son online...mmmm.. :huh: sounds like grooming to me...and he must have money falling out of his ****.

his mum calls. hes gambling, then shopping, then hiring prostitues. ive yet to see him actually do any job or work.

i preferred it when it was busby. you knew where you were with busby. he was a bird. you spent money on calls. and bernard cribbins was the perfect selection for the voice over. failing that probably alex ferguson doing the voice of a string puppet ostrich.

Personally I preferred the old lady who used to ring her family.

You got an Ology?

I find it disappointing that even one person votes on a fictitious situation in a TV advert. I mean who in their right mind would respond to that.

I find it disappointing that even one person votes on a fictitious situation in a TV advert. I mean who in their right mind would respond to that.

thats pretty sad. but i wouldnt be surpised if it wasnt any and just part of a trip to make people think theres more interest than there really is. i reckon the votes would be less than 100 gutter idiots.

Can someone help me out here, what is actually going on in these BT adverts? :blink:

Are those 2 married, separated, what? What is the back story to all this?

The only one I remember is when they seemed to be buying a house. Obviously a lot's happened since.

Can someone help me out here, what is actually going on in these BT adverts? :blink:

The only one I remember is when they seemed to be buying a house. Obviously a lot's happened since.

it would be more memorable if they just hired bruno to make them.

BT MAKE TELEPHONE WORK.

TELEPHONE IS GOOD FOR TALKING ON

I HATE JEWS

obviously with a suitable union jack background.

Back in the 70's when I was a student we had a fancy dress ball, and someonecame in an excellent Busby costume.

Later on after midnight, while I was walking home night half-p*ss*d, I saw Busby emerging from a telephone kiosk. It was a surreal moment I shall cherish for the rest of my life.

She is basically a single mum, her ex is paying maintenance on the two kids (you see the ex husband stressed out when there daughter calls him for a chat whilst he is an important meeting in his high powered job)... Yeah he (Adam, the new lad who has hooked up with the older woman) lives the life, he doesn't appear to have any kids of his own yet but I don't think he contributes much yet financially, not sure what he does doe work but he seems to travel alot. In summary I dont think its a healthy relationship, hes appears to be lined up as doormat he certainly seems a walk over...

Back in the 70's when I was a student we had a fancy dress ball, and someonecame in an excellent Busby costume.

Later on after midnight, while I was walking home night half-p*ss*d, I saw Busby emerging from a telephone kiosk. It was a surreal moment I shall cherish for the rest of my life.

id like to buy one of the womble outfits. at christmas in particular, all day long id be wombling in the snow.

Agreed. Why would anyone want to vote on a tv ad? I think companies like to think if people are talking about their advert even if it is bad it's good for their brand. No news is bad news blah blah. Right.

I thought this thread was entitled 'Best TV ads'. That's bloomin well limited what I was about to say.

You walked into the wrong saloon pardner.

She is basically a single mum, her ex is paying maintenance on the two kids (you see the ex husband stressed out when there daughter calls him for a chat whilst he is an important meeting in his high powered job)...  Yeah he (Adam, the new lad who has hooked up with the older woman) lives the life, he doesn't appear to have any kids of his own yet but I don't think he contributes much yet financially, not sure what he does doe work but he seems to travel alot.  In summary I dont think its a healthy relationship, hes appears to be lined up as doormat he certainly seems a walk over...

You watch way too much TV.

Well you can all take the wee wee but I think Jane is right sexy, I would fight Adam for her. :)

he looks pretty weedy. direct your zimmer frame lazer beams onto his eyeballs.

they encase him in tiger balm and vinegar.

Agreed. Why would anyone want to vote on a tv ad? I think companies like to think if people are talking about their advert even if it is bad it's good for their brand. No news is bad news blah blah. Right.

You walked into the wrong saloon pardner.

You watch way too much TV.

I try not to, this particular advert annoyed me right from the start of the series so I paid too much attention to it when each new episode came on... My biggest problem was he was walked all over, what was in it for him? What's his motivation, a flat pack family seems the main motivation. Its not aimed at blokes, or certainly not me...

it would be like that film with david essex. not silver dream machine, but check out 3:27 on the clip below for a proper 1950s shagging fest.

Come off it fred he lasted 1 minute acting like a frustrated bull, myself sweet and gentle up to an hour.

You really need to find a good women instead of getting satisfaction seeking out UTube videos. :rolleyes:

BT seem to have deleted the bulletin board where people could post suggested plotlines (the better ones had Adam dying of a heart attack whilst on the phone, or texting his last pathetic message to Jane as the airliner he was on plunged earthwards after a terrorist bomb).

However, the BT website now quotes some of it's 'favourite' suggestions from the great unwashed general public, for example:

"I think that Adam and Jane should marry, have a baby and become a nice family. I also think that Jane's ex will also find a new partner for himself and also have a child then all can meet up on a regular basis and be friendly for the sake of the children."

I am starting to think that Moat guy had the right idea. Going out and shooting people at random is the right thing to do.

Come off it fred he lasted 1 minute acting like a frustrated bull, myself sweet and gentle up to an hour.

You really need to find a good women instead of getting satisfaction seeking out UTube videos. :rolleyes:

haha :lol: he didnt last long did he. i suppose that was a classic 50s knee trembler.

I am starting to think that Moat guy had the right idea. Going out and shooting people at random is the right thing to do.

yeah. its always a good idea to shoot a woman, kill a new partner in cold blood and blast an innocent cop in the face with a shotgun. come on. that moat guy was a total ******.

however. a good bt plot would be moat comes back from the dead looking to take out adam, as jenny was his former partner...