House Price Crash Forum
Dave Spart

Zoopla Australia?

Does anyone know if there is a property website for Australia that gives accurate estimates for house prices for a given area?

Something like Zoopla does in the UK? I have never had to look in Oz.

Until today that is . . . .

Does anyone know if there is a property website for Australia that gives accurate estimates for house prices for a given area?

Something like Zoopla does in the UK? I have never had to look in Oz.

Until today that is . . . .

realestate.com.au has a lot of info and sold prices. Careful though, because you will need to know your suburbs very well. Cities are huge and suburb names are used. Eg in Sydney you might search for Vaucluse - an expensive harbourside suburb!

Please also be aware that Aus property is currently the most expensive in the world on income multiples; Sydney has overtaken London prices; their currency has appreciated strongly against the £ and therefore it is now an expensive place to go and live compared to 5 years ago or so. It is also just beginning to turn negative.

There are local websites for cities which give suburb average prices - I think they are under the city name and you can search for those.

Edited by plummet expert

realestate.com.au has a lot of info and sold prices. Careful though, because you will need to know your suburbs very well. Cities are huge and suburb names are used. Eg in Sydney you might search for Vaucluse - an expensive harbourside suburb!

Please also be aware that Aus property is currently the most expensive in the world on income multiples; Sydney has overtaken London prices; their currency has appreciated strongly against the £ and therefore it is now an expensive place to go and live compared to 5 years ago or so. It is also just beginning to turn negative.

I saw on CNN tonight that Australian home prices rose at an annual rate of 18 percent in the second quarter (of 2010?)

Sounds like a Whopper about to go bang!

Bloomberg - Buy Puts on Australian Banks on Bubble Concerns, Morgan Stanley Says

I saw on CNN tonight that Australian home prices rose at an annual rate of 18 percent in the second quarter (of 2010?)

Sounds like a Whopper about to go bang!

Bloomberg - Buy Puts on Australian Banks on Bubble Concerns, Morgan Stanley Says

...good time to rent ....especially with election looming and possible change of government... :rolleyes:

In addition to realestate.com.au

this is a good suburb profile with demographics and price ternds

http://www.domain.com.au/public/suburbprofile.aspx?mode=research&suburb=Hampton&postcode=3188

Also this one for suburbs

http://www.residex.com.au/index.php?content=slider&from=lhsmenu

The best one of the lot is to just point your iphone at the houses and you will get the full slaes history, this is neat

The Commonwealth Bank's Property Guide iPhone app.

There's a brand new property app on the block that gives iPhone users detailed information on the value of any house they care to point their handset towards, but privacy experts warn it may not sit well with the neighbourhood watch.

Detailing sales prices of 95 per cent of Australian homes, the free app has been launched by the Commonwealth Bank in a bid to deliver more immediate buying and selling information to the public as they are actually viewing properties, helping them to ward off rogue sellers who attempt to talk up property prices.

Just by pointing an iPhone at a particular property, they will be able to see the last sale price of the property, and if the home is actually for sale, the app will bring up a listing from realestate.com.au with details such as home layout and pictures

http://www.smh.com.au/digital-life/smartphone-apps/commbank-app-lets-people-snoop-on-your-house-price-20100804-11cpb.html

How very cool. Not sure I want Mrs Woods to know about this though, or I will have to stump up for an iphone :(

Yes but just think when you have friends over at your place, you could show then the new app on your own house, how cool that is. Then maybe they won’t invite you to their place.

:lol: