House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
geezer466

Karl Oyston Chairman Of Blackpool Fc Resigns

Former Blackpool chairman Karl Oyston is involved in a bankruptcy hearing, it has emerged. Lancaster County Court confirmed a judge is considering bankruptcy papers involving the 43-year-old, who resigned as chairman and director on Wednesday. Mr Oyston will stay on as acting chief executive of the newly-promoted Premier League club until the end of the season or until a replacement is found. A spokesman for Blackpool Football Club declined to comment.

As we know not only the Premier League rules but normal law dictates that a Bankrupt cannot hold a directorships in any Company..

Oyston has a number of business interests most notably an Estate Agency...... Pretty big player on the Fylde Coast and less so into the NW of England..

Oystons Estate Agency is the trading name of Oystons Ltd. Registered office: Blackpool FC Stadium, Seasiders Way, Blackpool, FY1 6JJ Company no. 05141913 VAT no. 858103915

Just as Blackpool FC hit the big time as well how must it hurt!!

No mention yet of what the bankruptcy petition is about but is it a fair guess?

Former Blackpool chairman Karl Oyston is involved in a bankruptcy hearing, it has emerged. Lancaster County Court confirmed a judge is considering bankruptcy papers involving the 43-year-old, who resigned as chairman and director on Wednesday. Mr Oyston will stay on as acting chief executive of the newly-promoted Premier League club until the end of the season or until a replacement is found. A spokesman for Blackpool Football Club declined to comment.

As we know not only the Premier League rules but normal law dictates that a Bankrupt cannot hold a directorships in any Company..

Oyston has a number of business interests most notably an Estate Agency...... Pretty big player on the Fylde Coast and less so into the NW of England..

Oystons Estate Agency is the trading name of Oystons Ltd. Registered office: Blackpool FC Stadium, Seasiders Way, Blackpool, FY1 6JJ Company no. 05141913 VAT no. 858103915

Just as Blackpool FC hit the big time as well how must it hurt!!

No mention yet of what the bankruptcy petition is about but is it a fair guess?

Not 100% sure but I think most if not all of the club (exc Beleron's share), the agency etc is Owen's rather than Karl's

In the late 80s Owen was one of many many EAs who sold out to insurance companies for Gazillions then bought back fro £1 in the mid 90s.

Insurance companies! _ankers!

In the late 80s Owen was one of many many EAs who sold out to insurance companies for Gazillions then bought back fro £1 in the mid 90s.

Insurance companies! _ankers!

Owen was probably the biggest in the North West in the 80's. As you say, he made a smart move, sold out then got the lot back for nowt. Not sure what this story is about but I was listening to Karl talking about wages in the Premier League. He actually didn't sound like the son of an EA at all. He is a pretty intelligent guy.

Not 100% sure but I think most if not all of the club (exc Beleron's share), the agency etc is Owen's rather than Karl's

Owen as far as I am aware is the majority shareholder so gets to decide the directorships.

He is also barred from standing himself under the Premiership rules as he was convicted of rape in the mid 90's.

Nice bloke by the looks of it... :blink:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Owen_Oyston

He is also barred from standing himself under the Premiership rules as he was convicted of rape in the mid 90's.

I remember that trial. Sounded like a mis-carraiage. She even admitted there was no coercion involved yet he still got done.

I think someone may well have been out to get him.

I remember that trial. Sounded like a mis-carraiage. She even admitted there was no coercion involved yet he still got done.

I think someone may well have been out to get him.

+ plus 10 he upset the establishment big time,the rape happened about 10 years prior to the conviction.Mind you Owen is a wan@ker with his daft beard and floppy hats

Edited by barrabus