House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
patprimer74

Property 'sales Slump' According To...

The Western Mail - the self-styled 'National Newspaper of Wales' - has a Saturday property supplement called, unsurprisingly, 'Welsh Homes'. In today's issue, it has an article on the recent results of Persimmon Homes headlined 'Bucking the trend in sales slump'.

Sales slump? Sales slump? What sales slump? Nobody told me there was a SALES SLUMP! Is there a sales slump? Are you sure? I've not seen it spelled out before in a daily newspaper's property supplement! It's probably a missprint - don't you think?

I wonder if the cretin who put his name to this article (probably provided to him by the building company) realised what he was going to get published as a headline? 'Out of the mouths...'

p

more "bucking of trend" here:

http://www.thisisessex.co.uk/essex/echo/news/NEWS4.html

Southend: Interest rate cut fuels property market boost

Brought to you by the Evening Echo

A CUT in interest rates has sparked a boost in the property market across Southend, according to one of the town's leading estate agents.

Craig Wakeling, director of Dedman in Southchurch Road, said there had been a tremendous amount of interest in homes - bucking the trend across the country.

He added: "In Church Road at Shoebury, we have seven homes on the market. Four have now been sold and there are offers on another two.

People rushed in last year to buy off-plan before the apartments were built.

"They thought perhaps they could make £10,000-£20,000 on them," she said. "However, the market has now changed.

"The people who did that have suddenly realised that they are only getting just about what they paid for them. The market boom has stopped."

http://www.thisissouthwales.co.uk/displayN...tentPK=13125646

Edited by The Masked Tulip

The Western Mail - the self-styled 'National Newspaper of Wales' - has a Saturday property supplement called, unsurprisingly, 'Welsh Homes'.  In today's issue, it has an article on the recent results of Persimmon Homes headlined 'Bucking the trend in sales slump'.

Sales slump?  Sales slump?  What sales slump?  Nobody told me there was a SALES SLUMP!  Is there a sales slump? Are you sure?  I've not seen it spelled out before in a daily newspaper's property supplement!  It's probably a missprint - don't you think?

Indeed, much like "BTL'ers creeping back in", I wasn't aware they'd creeped out in the first place?

Hmm, wasn't it only yesterday that the WMail was referring to sales picking up??Mixed signals....Isn't the strongest sign of stability in the market, surely?