House Price Crash Forum

Sign Of The Times

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443

Poundland discount chain to create up to 2,000 jobs

When I was a child in Sheffield there was a place on Ecclesall Road called the "15 And 25p Shop". That's inflation for you.

I ntoiced on the weekend that there's a new Poundlound opening up on St Albans high street. It's taking the place of a Tesco Metro which has recently moved to a larger building that has been empty since Woolworths collapsed over 18 months ago. The presence of a store such as Poundland and the surprising number of empty shop units in St Albans (which is apparently one of our wealthier cities) as a whole is a real sign of the times I feel.

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449

I love that shop everything £1,

no confusion

Mrs, thats another story!

so we never shop in there!!!

Can you not convince here to take some Waitrose bags for life when shopping there. That way the neighbours will think you are really posh :)

I quite like poundland, I got some cracking bargains in the book department the other day.

HOLA4410

GoldBarLand

Saw in the paper yesterday, Merv talking about how he won't let inflation get out of control and will raise rates to head it off. I felt comforted to know we have the top minds in charge of this boat.............................. :blink:

Edited by Wait & See