House Price Crash Forum
indirectapproach

Gordon Brown Signs Up For $100,000 Speaking Engagements

I think that I might be able to round up enough people to pay him a total of $100k to never speak in public again if that is any help ......

.....the guy blindly led us to the brink of disaster with no guarantee today of any escape ...don't blame the Bankers ...blame Brown ...yes the Bankers had and still have their moments ...but for the big picture ...Brown was the wrecker .... :rolleyes:

"The report that Brown may have joined the lecture circuit was greeted with surprise since he has always said he will not leave political life to cash in on his experience as prime minister, preferring a more low-key life instead."

People are surprised when a politician says one thing and does another? :huh:

Still, I suppose that is itself surprising.

Another promise broken. He made great play out of his claims that he would pursue charity work after office and would not be touting himself on the lecture circuit.

...was this sort of touting not the reason why he disciplined Hoon and others just before the election.... :rolleyes:

I would pay him to speak; I really miss the straightening up of the papers, at the corners, and that jaw droping thing he does when he breathes.

I'll pay my share, so long as I get to choose the topic. I want "Radical reordering of Global local systems for compulsory empowerment, and a call for the Age of Africa, a lifelong passion for the Progressive Rainbow Alliance". It was the mission he was building towards when cruelly robbed of office..

I would pay him to speak; I really miss the straightening up of the papers, at the corners, and that jaw droping thing he does when he breathes.

I'll pay my share, so long as I get to choose the topic. I want "Radical reordering of Global local systems for compulsory empowerment, and a call for the Age of Africa, a lifelong passion for the Progressive Rainbow Alliance". It was the mission he was building towards when cruelly robbed of office..

...failed in every respect...Africans will only speak to the village head ......that's now Cameron.... the vanquished they will ignore..... :rolleyes:

Hang on a mo...recently 20 million of us voted so we didnt have to listen to this profligate power mad cyclop's economy/society destroying ******** any more. Now some idiots are willing to pay 100k dollars to listen to him talk ********!!! Jeese there are some silly people in the world.

Maybe he can repeat his classics...british jobs for british workers...or better still...no more boom or bust speech...he could re-title these....lies i told...or sh**e i spoke.

Wait a mo, we've already paid best part of 1 trillion pound to hear his nonsense already. All his fees should be returned to the tax payers, same with blair's.

Some people really dont know when to f*** ***.

Hang on a mo...recently 20 million of us voted so we didnt have to listen to this profligate power mad cyclop's economy/society destroying ******** any more. Now some idiots are willing to pay 100k dollars to listen to him talk ********!!! Jeese there are some silly people in the world.

Maybe he can repeat his classics...british jobs for british workers...or better still...no more boom or bust speech...he could re-title these....lies i told...or sh**e i spoke.

Wait a mo, we've already paid best part of 1 trillion pound to hear his nonsense already. All his fees should be returned to the tax payers, same with blair's.

Some people really dont know when to f*** ***.

p.s. Ironically that's approximately $100k for every tax payer in the u.k.

In my humble opinion....mr brown is a disgrace...anyone paying to hear him speak is either a fool or a banker....give the money to charoty instead...or the real needy...like the British tax payer!!!!

Why would anyone want to hear what he has to say? That really baffles me. Or Blair. Used to send me to sleep the pair of them.

Are they clever, funny, witty, insightful, irreverent or opinionated? Do they have any characteristics that would make you answer 'Gordon Brown' to the question 'Who would you most like to find yourself sitting next to on a long haul flight?'

Do they have anything to say about the world we live in that could help change it for the better?

I can only assume anyone who pays to listen to them must be very bored and have more money than sense.

Everytime I saw him on TV he made we want hurl or hurl something at the TV. If he turned up to speak at a dinner I was attending I'd probably throw my shoe at him :D

How much you would you pay to throw sh!t at him on some corporate jolly?

I do not believe for one nanosecond that someone will pay this guy to speak.

He could redeem himself just a little bit if he confessed his mistakes and apologised. However, I doubt he sees that he did anything wrong which means he will go down in some obscure footnote as the worst PM in modern times who led the country to bankruptcy both in economic terms and moral terms. A symbol, if you like, of the corrupt noughties.

How much you would you pay to throw sh!t at him on some corporate jolly?

I do not believe for one nanosecond that someone will pay this guy to speak.

Some tw a t will.

Edited by Fool's Gold