House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Vivaldo

'resistance'

Sat down and drank a bottle of wine last night and came up with 'Resistance' as a new campaigning name for FTBs, or "FTB Action"

We could all disguise ourselves like characters out of Allo Allo! and add a laugh to it.

Anyone got any other ideas out there

Sat down and drank a bottle of wine last night and came up with 'Resistance' as a new campaigning name for FTBs, or "FTB Action"

We could all disguise ourselves like characters out of Allo Allo! and add a laugh to it.

I was thinking more The Vigillante in Charles Bronson movies - you know, save The People by taking out the bad guys directly. I really do feel the world would be a better place without Krustie&Phil, et al. Now all we've got to do is find some wet concrete...

Nomadd

Guest rigsby II

You could call it 'SufraJets4U.com'

All FTB's could chain themselves to estate agents' doors in protest.

Throwing yourselves under the hooves of the King's horse like the original suffragettes may be taking it a bit far though...

Edited by rigsby II

how about:

DEBT FREE DIRECT.

direct action against the guys who got you into debt in the first place,or people in debt who deserve to be thrown to the lions for colluding.

Wonderful, maybe we should also refuse to leave the student common room! Ohh, this is exciting!

As I've said before, protesting against home owners who form the majority in this country is as petty and self absorbed as protesting against people who own Mercedes cars, for example.

Like the dotcom bubble this is a economic cycle that self-corrects, it will come right eventually, you can shout about it as much as you want, at best you may suceed in preventing some people from buying at the top and getting in trouble. The economics fundermentally change things, not a bunch of malcontents banging on pots and pans.

Like the dotcom bubble this is a economic cycle that self-corrects, it will come right eventually, you can shout about it as much as you want, at best you may suceed in preventing some people from buying at the top and getting in trouble. The economics fundermentally change things, not a bunch of malcontents banging on pots and pans.

yes quite.IT WILL SELF-CORRECT!

This is the point we have been trying to make for some time,but there are plenty of thicko's who don't believe us and have not had the experience of hindsight.

the sharpest amongst us will have probably survived the dotcom crash and rather than throwing in the towel,taken some time to study market functions.

...that has prepared a few people,NO DOUBT ABOUT IT!

the hardest lesson you can ever learn is how to profit and survive a bear market.this isn't coming from a trained economist,just someone who got caught in the last crash and managed to learn his way out of it!.......90% of the property "guru's" you see today havent,they have only seen a market on the up,just like dotcom.They will be dealt an equally harsh lesson in reality.

Resistance? Against what? Against whom? I think you've got the wrong forum mate, here try these,

http://www.communist-party.org.uk/

Or better still surprise us all, and spend your next drunken daydream thinking how you can get yourself a better job/business!!

KOTC

The other side of the campaign, those who "sell out" and join the opposition could be called joining "The Morg", since they sign up for big mortgages and the slavery of being indebted. That's not for me. I want to remain free

I dont see Renting at dead money at all,

In this market it is "active money", since it keeps your options alive:

You are:

+ Free to move,

+ Free to buy,

+ Building savings faster than those pouring their money out paying interest on big mortgages.

Flexibility is great in a falling market. Don't feed The Morg !

A nice bottle of Chenin Blanc :lol:

BB, you wrote "As I've said before, protesting against home owners who form the majority in this country is as petty and self absorbed as protesting against people who own Mercedes cars, for example."

Surely the lesson of history is that 'protesting' minorities have secured change? the examples are endless. Governments hate awkward issues being raised dontcha know in this age where image is all that matters to them, or so it seems.

By the way, aren't Greenpeace protesting against gas guzzling cars like Mercs and getting results. Even saw someone being interviewed on Top Gear saying they were embarrased about having a four-wheel drive. Greenpeace are some of the best protesters ever and can even make what would first appear as petty 'non-issues' to most of us in to massive real issues (Brent Spar for example). We have a lot to learn.

Just something off-topic to add - has anyone else noticed how the housing crisis in France has been pushed on to the agenda by the terrible fires that have killed immigrants living in bad, overcrowded conditions in Paris (I wonder who the landlords are!).

Edited by Vivaldo

Just something off-topic to add - has anyone else noticed how the housing crisis  in France has been pushed on to the agenda by the terrible fires that have killed immigrants living in bad, overcrowded conditions in Paris (I wonder who the landlords are!).

They're usually charities.

However, their fire safety (or lack thereof) is a joke for French and non-French alike. There are no fire alarms, escapes, sprinklers, fire doors, extinguishers/blankets, etc, the primary means of escape is often a single wooden staircase.

For a country usually so imbued in bureaucracy this is rather suprising.