House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Charlie The Tramp Returns

France To Round Up And Deport Roma Gypsies

As long as they don't deport them to here, good on the French. They are frequently surprising.

They will just come here to beg/pickpocket.commite fraud over here instead.

I know I sound like a Daily Mail reader but here there are tonnes of them sat on the streets all day begging around where I live. I am all for people coming to this country to work but to sit and beg for what are alledgedly gangmasters should be stopped.

http://www.thefirstpost.co.uk/67333,news-comment,news-politics,round-up-of-roma-people-puts-sarkozy-in-the-dock

French president Nicolas Sarkozy is taking fire from his political supporters following his decision to crack down on illegal Roma camps in France. On Monday one member of the ruling UMP Government, Jean-Pierre Grand, labelled Sarkozy's policy as "disgraceful" and described it as reminiscent of the round up of Jews by French police in World War Two.

Another political ally of the President, Christine Boutin, leader of the Christian Democratic Party, accused Sarkozy of creating a climate of fear by "turning people up against one another [as] stigmatisation of one or another community exacerbates violence".

Not that the protests look likely to dissuade Sarkozy from continuing with his pledge to break up 300 illegal Roma camps and send those inhabitants found to be in France illegally back to their country of origin.

In the latest incident at the weekend, police descended on a gypsy commune in Montreuil (above), a suburb in the east of Paris, and removed 70 Roma people (including 20 children) from a building they were illegally occupying.

It doesn't seem illegal.

All they do is remove Roma from premises that they occupy illegally.

If on checking them, any are found to be illegal immigrants they are sent back.

All the bubble and froth about it being like nazi round ups is just politics.

you know where this is going

And this shit is going on before we have a decade of austerity, oil crunch and demographic crisis hitting us.

A lot of people stopped talking to me after I said we would see large scale ethnic cleansing in Europe at some point in the next decade but it seems to be getting closer every single month...

And this shit is going on before we have a decade of austerity, oil crunch and demographic crisis hitting us.

A lot of people stopped talking to me after I said we would see large scale ethnic cleansing in Europe at some point in the next decade but it seems to be getting closer every single month...

I hope that you are wrong.

The Roma are a problem. Their are millions of them, and their culture just doesn't fit in with any other European culture, no-one wants them, their own countries are extremely happy to see them go. You should hear the Romanians at my work on the subject...

Very very tricky, what do you do with such a people? The "correct" way is to apply normal conventions of human rights, but if you do this they will just happily leech on benefits for their whole lives while making a nuisance of themselves to anyone living near. Integrating them doesn't work too well either, they're happier being what they are. Fascist alternatives can't be contemplated. I'm glad it isn't me that has to decide what to do.

Sarkozy is just acting in the French interest, that's his job.

Send them to Israel?

Yeah they could set up in the Gaza strip..

I believe the Nazis meted out the same treatment to the Roma as to the Jews in WW2, seemingly for opposite "reasons".

Yeah they could set up in the Gaza strip..

I believe the Nazis meted out the same treatment to the Roma as to the Jews in WW2, seemingly for opposite "reasons".

You might think the Jews and the Roma would have some common ground, with a shared experience of being outcasts and so on. Whether they'd actually get along though ...

You might think the Jews and the Roma would have some common ground, with a shared experience of being outcasts and so on. Whether they'd actually get along though ...

Unless the roma have lots of useful folk like engineers, craftsman, medics, and professional soldiers,then I doubt the Israelis would be stupid enough to lumber themselves with millions of them.

There's a comp school near to us and I know one of the teachers. He told me that they've had to divert resources to set up porta cabins specifically to teach roma kids. Mostly basic english as cohorts of them come for a few months then move on. They're supposedly slovak but actually seem to do a circuit around europe, and know that to move freely and access services they need to claim to be from an EU country.

I think that if austerity really bites over the next decade in europe then resentment against folk perceived as massive freeloaders will swell. Not good, especially as the horrors of WWII fade out of living memory, and just become stuff in history book, like the franco-prussian war to us.

It doesn't seem illegal.

All they do is remove Roma from premises that they occupy illegally.

If on checking them, any are found to be illegal immigrants they are sent back.

All the bubble and froth about it being like nazi round ups is just politics.

+1

When I worked in Paris the Gipsy professional beggars were a common sight on the Métro. Can't imagine anyone in France will miss them - except maybe for a few right-on multimillionaire chanteurs engagés (left-wing politicised singers) who get driven round in limos so are completely out of touch with real life.

In the majority of cases, they can't do much besides begging.

Remember that EU law gives EU citizens the right of freedom of movement, to live and work in any EU country. And members of other EU states should not be disadvantaged compared to local EU nationals.

EU Rights

However, national immigration policies routinely (illegally) circumvent this right by imposing local conditions, such as residence cards. And being denied a residence card usually means you can't work or live anywhere, or claim benefits.

In the case of the Romas, their rights under EU law are invariably illegally denied.

The recent fraud case shows that illegal activity is the only way for Romas to get their legal rights.

Gipsy rights worker in £2.6m benefits con

A outreach worker who campaigned for gipsy rights fiddled £2.6million in benefits for nearly 200 Romanians.

Lavinia Olmazu and her boyfriend Alin Enachi masterminded the scam which saw Romanian immigrants get National Insurance numbers via bogus documents such as bank statements and letters of recommendation from nonexistent employers.

Olmazu, who has addressed the UN on Roma gipsy rights, was working as an ‘inclusivity outreach worker’ for Haringey and Waltham Forest councils in north London.

The 30-year-old, who has two degrees, admitted conspiracy to defraud at Southwark Crown Court yesterday. Enachi, a 29-year-old motorbike mechanic, admitted the same charge at an earlier hearing and has been sentenced to two years and eight months in jail.

The couple from Woodford Green, Essex, ‘facilitated the obtaining’ of NI numbers under the umbrella of a charity called Roma Concern. Enachi acted as an interpreter for 356 NI applicants from March 2008 to July 2009.

More than 170 of those people went on to make claims for tax credits, child tax credits and child benefits. But arrests were made in August after the Department of Work and Pensions noticed a spike in applications.

Police later found templates for bank documents and letters of recommendation on Enachi’s home computer.

Olmazu was arrested after she was linked to the scam by fraudulent invoices used in the applications.

The educational therapist was remanded in custody and will be sentenced in September.

In the end, it should come down to the will of the majority.

If getting rid of a bunch of lazy beggars is what people want to happen, then that is what should happen.

Why should people be forced to pay so that other people can sponge off them?

These people are a pain in le ****.

Get ready for much, much more of this thing. The social-conscienced whiners will whine away, but would soon complain when confronted by aggressive beggars.

You don't mind a few barnacles on your hull when there is a fair wind, but once becalmed you want the ship as slick as possible.

>However, national immigration policies routinely (illegally) circumvent this right by imposing local conditions, such as residence cards. And being denied a residence card usually means you can't work or live anywhere, or claim benefits.

Belgium does this. Are you sure it's illegal?

EU Rights

However, national immigration policies routinely (illegally) circumvent this right by imposing local conditions, such as residence cards. And being denied a residence card usually means you can't work or live anywhere, or claim benefits.

There is nothing illegal about it. A 5 year transition period applies to Bulgaria and Romania allowing national governments to apply their own policies for movement of workers from those countries.

Probably EU rushed too much to join some countries that weren't ready at that moment, just because of the fear the Russian influence could increase there.