House Price Crash Forum

Teenage Lotto Winner Blows £2M On Drugs ...

Sledgehead

HOLA441

Dunno what to say other than she needed guidance it it obviously was not there.

Teenage £2 million Lotto winner Callie Rogers blows it all

PS : how do I get to use the full editor so that the title seems a little more compelling? :D - EDIT : performed in Lo-Fi thanks to Scunnered's suggestion. Cheers m8!

HOLA442
HOLA443

PS : how do I get to use the full editor so that the title seems a little more compelling? :D

I thought it didn't look too exciting! If you temporarily switch to the lo-fi skin (see the box at the bottom left of the page) then I think it'll let you edit thread titles. Not ideal, but it works.

HOLA444

Am I supposed to feel sorry for this person?

I don't, not in the slightest.

I am pretty sure there is an organisation employed by the lottery commission that gives guidance to people who have won the lottery. She either didn't listen to a word or chose not to bother.

Berk.

HOLA445
HOLA446
‘I need to get my act together and make my kids proud, and for the first time I really do think that’s possible.

the accompanying photo shoot is a great start to that ambition :rolleyes:

article-1303665-0AD02571000005DC-456_636x423.jpg

That said, I do agree that a 16 in care should have been given a pretty short leash when coming into 2 million in cash ion one hit.

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414

All that money and this is the best looking bloke she could find, complete with 1980s scouse shellsuit

_39292345_callie203.jpg

She must have been on drugs. Permanently.

That's a bit mean on them, and have you checked your hubcaps recently?

HOLA4415

I thought it didn't look too exciting! If you temporarily switch to the lo-fi skin (see the box at the bottom left of the page) then I think it'll let you edit thread titles. Not ideal, but it works.

:P

What can I say; my typing skills are sadly lacking. Still, many thanks for the tip.

HOLA4416
HOLA4417

Click on edit, scroll down to save changes and to the right you will see the use full editor click on this and you can edit the thread title.

Not with firefox & the firewall settings I have. What exactly is being blocked I can't say.

HOLA4418
HOLA4419

I guess it illustrates the saying about a fool and their money being easily parted. Trust funds are what naive kids like this need. Until they're about 30.

Although I'm sure that if I gave my 7 year old £2000 and made no attempt to steer her spending, she could blow it on chocolate, ice cream, barbie dolls, and princess dresses for her and her mates. The lass in the OP seems to have a similar level of impulse control!

HOLA4420

Dunno what to say other than she needed guidance it it obviously was not there.

Teenage £2 million Lotto winner Callie Rogers blows it all

PS : how do I get to use the full editor so that the title seems a little more compelling? :D - EDIT : performed in Lo-Fi thanks to Scunnered's suggestion. Cheers m8!

That just shows you that throwing money at people from deprived backgrounds rarely improves their situation. They tend to spend it on wrong things.

HOLA4421
HOLA4422

That just shows you that throwing money at people from deprived backgrounds rarely improves their situation. They tend to spend it on wrong things.

I wouldn't care to make such a sweeping statement from one such incident, although there have of course been others. On the other hand I have a neighbour who is a former council tenant lottery winner. He seems to have realised that if he lives within his means, he can work when he wants to. He also seems very keen on self-sufficiency and not at all interested in flaunting his wad. His story wouldn't sell many papers ...

HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425

Callie Rogers won almost £2m on the lottery at 16,

A fortnight after her win she met unemployed Nicky Lawson, 29.

She went on a massive spending spree, splashing out on ........ and breast implants.

during their relationship she spent £250,000 on cocaine.

I bet 'unemployed Nicky Lawson, 29' coldnt believe his luck!

Archived