House Price Crash Forum
Spirit

Fergus Says 'stop Belly-Aching'

Did anyone else catch Alvin Hall on R4 this afternoon?

Alvin interviewed Fergus Wilson as well as priced out renters in Ashford (whilst driving around on a tour of his empire :rolleyes: ).

Usual bleating about how he was providing a social service.

When asked whether he was responsible for young people not being able to buy their own home he replied that he had worked very hard for 2 years to earn enough to 'get started' and that priced out renters should 'stop belly-aching and work a bit harder'!

When asked whether he would crash the local market when he sold up, he replied 'not if I sell the whole portfolio to an investment bank' :lol::lol::lol:

Link;

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00tcs29

Edited by Spirit

He's leaving this selling up awfully late if you ask me.

What's he waiting for, the capitulation stage? :lol:

It must be over a year since they decided to sell up & were supposedly receiving offers from Russian billionaires.

It must be over a year since they decided to sell up & were supposedly receiving offers from Russian billionaires.

In the interview he said that he still owns nearly 900 properties, so those Russians seem to have got cold feet!

When asked whether he was responsible for young people not being able to buy their own home he replied that he had worked very hard for 2 years to earn enough to 'get started' and that priced out renters should 'stop belly-aching and work a bit harder'!

Oh the struggle! :rolleyes:

Heard it, Fergus sounds as much like Jabba the Hutt as he looks like him. The priced out single mum was a bit annoying. Complaining about being 42 years old and still renting. I thought, don't complain love, not owning especially in Ashford is a good thing. Particularly when Fergus's empire is errr...."sold" *cough*repo'd*coughs*. It really will be a buyer's market.

Yes they could have picked a better example of a priced out renter!

It also turned into a criticism of the removal of self cert mortgages...how will the poor single mum, fitness therapists buy a house if they can't self cert :rolleyes:

He's only still holding on because the banks don't want realise a loss.

The banks are only holding on because they've been bailed out by the taxpayer.

The people belly aching are taxed to the hilt and priced out of housing because of people like Fergus....being bailed out by the people we vote for.

Could Fergus actually be a genius who realised a decade ago that the key to success is to become "too big too fail", and that this is the real reason for his apparently foolhardy focus on just one town?

Could Fergus actually be a genius who realised a decade ago that the key to success is to become "too big too fail", and that this is the real reason for his apparently foolhardy focus on just one town?

I think you maybe onto something here. When you own one crummy BTL it's your problem, when you own 900 crummy BTL's it's the banks problem, aka the taxpayers problem.

how he was providing a social service

Maybve he should be ltting people live rent free then...that would be generous and a social service.

Well done Fungus, let us know when you really have a social conscience.

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

In the interview he said that he still owns nearly 900 properties, so those Russians seem to have got cold feet!

And that 'syndicate of top footballers' seems to have evaporated.

No but in the TV show it was her who explained how they got started. Luck not judgement.

He's leaving this selling up awfully late if you ask me.

What's he waiting for, the capitulation stage? :lol:

He is surely shafted? Only being bailed out still by the low interest rates. All his tennants should get together and stop paying rent for a couple of months that would sort him out, I doubt his 'social service' woudl soon crumble around his fat belly.

Talking of his fat belly, he is surely prime heart attack criteria one may think he would use his 'wealth' to look afterhim self a bit better....

I ask all HPCers to take part in placing a curse on the Wilsons. Please concentrate and repeat after me:

skele-finger.gifspooky_ghost.gif

To Fergus and Judith Wilson,

There has been unfairness done to us

I summon the elements

I invoke them

I conjure them to do my bidding

The four watchtowers shall lay their eyes and minds

there shall be fear and guilt and bad blood

there shall be submission and no pity

I point the threefold law against thee

against thee it shall be pointed

threefold, a hundred fold is the cost for my anger and pain

Thee shall be blinded by the fear

blinded by the pain

blinded by me

binded by me

Cursed by me

So mote it be!

This curse shall be laid upon the victim while burning am image of the victim

124951_1.jpg

fire4.giffire4.gif

in the flame of a consecrated black candle.

http://www.spells4free.com/Article/Curse-spell-/132

Heard it, Fergus sounds as much like Jabba the Hutt as he looks like him. The priced out single mum was a bit annoying. Complaining about being 42 years old and still renting. I thought, don't complain love, not owning especially in Ashford is a good thing. Particularly when Fergus's empire is errr...."sold" *coughs*repo'd*coughs*. It really will be a buyer's market.

Too big to fail..'gus Wilson

Edited by Saving For a Space Ship

The banks and the Wilsons are going to be very worried as this HPC proceeds. The Wilsons are quite conceivably going to end up bankrupt. The banks will get their fingers burnt and the Russsians will happily buy all 900 houses at 50% off and keep quiet about it.

Edited by plummet expert

He is surely shafted? Only being bailed out still by the low interest rates. All his tennants should get together and stop paying rent for a couple of months that would sort him out, I doubt his 'social service' woudl soon crumble around his fat belly.

Talking of his fat belly, he is surely prime heart attack criteria one may think he would use his 'wealth' to look afterhim self a bit better....

Good idea on the renters' strike.

Your point about the heart attack material made me think, what happens when they shuffle off this mortal coil/lose their faculties? Have they got any kids to inherit their empire? I presume they are on I/O mortgages that are never going to be paid off? Do they have life insurance on their mortgages?..

I don't think Fergus is that clever. It's an interesting theory, though.

I was thinking about this a couple of weeks ago.

I came across a tenant whose BTL landlady was going through repossession. He offered to buy the place - enough to cover the balance on the mortgage - but she was able to refuse because she'd just paid off the bills for improvements on the property and was now able to apply all the rent to the mortgage instalments.

A possession order was made, but suspended on keeping up the instalments + paying off the arrears over about 3 years. Completely dependent on the rental income. If the tenant really hopes to buy a bargain he should just stop paying rent. Game over within 3-6 months. The gamble is that he would forego his rights as an authorised tenant, and the lender can kick him out pronto as it markets the property (or mothballs it).

2 years, oh the pain! The average first time buyer is 37 for a reason and it's not because everyone is lazy!

Did anyone else catch Alvin Hall on R4 this afternoon?

Alvin interviewed Fergus Wilson as well as priced out renters in Ashford (whilst driving around on a tour of his empire  :rolleyes: ).

Usual bleating about how he was providing a social service.

When asked whether he would crash the local market when he sold up, he replied 'not if I sell the whole portfolio to an investment bank'  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Link;

http://www.bbc.co.uk...rammes/b00tcs29

The trouble with the low interest rates is that they have just bailed this prat out.

I can't see them rising for a long time, but I can see his portfolio falling further in value as it clicks that Ashford prices are too high driven up solely by the Wilsons.

I still reckon they may turnout to be in trouble  if a bit of price discovery is allowed.  Clearly they want to offload the lot, but that isn't going to happen as it is clearly a bad investment.

He is waiting for 'profits yet to materialise'

:D:D

Grant Bovey & Anthea Turner are bust - it already feels like a distant memory! :D

I tell you - I shall NEVER EVER forget watching Bovey boast about his "multi-million" pwoperty empire... HIs demise has been one of the best things to watch in all my life. He totally EPITOMISED the utter STUPIDITY of this property pyramid/ponzi scam that has brought the world to its knees.....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1255688/Anthea-Turners-husband-Grant-Bovey-humiliated-declared-bankrupt.html

A matter of time before FergusTwathead goes the same way.....

Edited by eric pebble