House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Pent Up

Some Interesting Auction Results...

From Dedman Gray auctions based in Southend Essex:

Oh dear...

May 2007, 20 properties went to auction 80% (16) sold, total realised £3,184,500

May 2008, 17 properties went to auction 47% (8) sold, total realised £635,000

May 2009, 20 properties went to auction, 65% (13) sold, total realised £1,808,100

And the best bit....

May 2010, 17 properties went to auction, only 23% (4) sold, total realised £546,500

It's than 2008 and this was before any of the negative press :lol:

Oh dear...

May 2007, 20 properties went to auction 80% (16) sold, total realised £3,184,500

May 2009, 20 properties went to auction, 65% (13) sold, total realised £1,808,100

And the best bit....

May 2010, 17 properties went to auction, only 23% (4) sold, total realised £546,500

Hope they are all deadmen very soon.

Oh dear...

And the best bit....

Well spotted.

I thing we are witnessing the end of the housing boom.

I for one am glad to see the back of the BTL brigade going on about how well they have done.

One of my "BTL investor friends" told me this week his is turning his own house into a multi let and going to rent....

then end is nigh.

Obviously this is only one auctioneers results from one area but all the anecdotals are stacking up.

The next auction is 8th September if anyone is interested.

Obviously this is only one auctioneers results from one area but all the anecdotals are stacking up.

Yes

used to love watching them on here someone used to post them live, this provides us with real evidence of the market before the VIs get there manipulating grubby hands on data.

Thanks. It's so valuable having this information come to light and although it's only one place, I would agree on how this sentiment may be reflected in other auctions. I really think that a lot of people are realising the effects of the previous two years.

what it would be?

less than 20%

or even 15%, 10% they might just as well cancel.

oh dear who would have thought.

And the last one was July the 14th. It was on their site for a few weeks but has now disappeared :ph34r:

For the record it was similar to May's - 4 or 5 sold from 20 or 21. However, one of those that sold had previously changed hands at 93,500 in August 2007 and went for a party-pooping 97K :o

And the last one was July the 14th. It was on their site for a few weeks but has now disappeared :ph34r:

For the record it was similar to May's - 4 or 5 sold from 20 or 21. However, one of those that sold had previously changed hands at 93,500 in August 2007 and went for a party-pooping 97K :o

Maybe it was refurbed. Have you ever been to one of their auctions? I'd go if it wasn't on a work day.

Maybe it was refurbed. Have you ever been to one of their auctions? I'd go if it wasn't on a work day.

Some work had been done for sure but nothing drastic.

I haven't been to any yet but I do plan to attend at least one of their auctions for reconnaissance over the winter with a view to eventual purchase through that route. It may well be of general interest so I could reasearch the properties, attend the auction and summarise my experiences on the forum. I'd be looking at December or the first auction next year.

Well spotted.

I thing we are witnessing the end of the housing boom.

I for one am glad to see the back of the BTL brigade going on about how well they have done.

One of my "BTL investor friends" told me this week his is turning his own house into a multi let and going to rent....

then end is nigh.

You seem like a glass half full kind of guy :).