House Price Crash Forum
Alfie Moon

Poor Btl'ers Having Difficulty Accessing Mortgage Loans

The Daily Mail have posted a 'oh those poor, poor BTL'ers are finding it difficult to get mortgage loans' article. See:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/money/article-1303979/Landlords-hit-huge-fees-new-buy-let-loans.html

A couple (pro) BTL'ers/anti house price falls people have popped up in the Readers Comments. As usual would be good to see some HPC'ers adding comments, if time permits.

A couple (pro) BTL'ers/anti house price falls people have popped up in the Readers Comments. As usual would be good to see some HPC'ers adding comments, if time permits.

"- Dave, Birmingham" is doing a great job! One of us(?)

I've clambered aboard too - Also applied the green/red arrows where appropriate.

We should do this more often.

I've clambered aboard too - Also applied the green/red arrows where appropriate.

We should do this more often.

It gets done all the time not just Hpcers sentiment seems to be on our side now.

Over the last few years it was always the bears up against it on the comments sections. But now it's hard to find people to argue with, so much so I'm pretty bored of commenting!

It gets done all the time not just Hpcers sentiment seems to be on our side now.

Apologies - Internet forums are a recent discovery for me

Apologies - Internet forums are a recent discovery for me

Are they really?

Hmm, you do know that by coming here you have to send me all your cash via way of my bank account in the Cayman Islands?

B)

The Daily Mail have posted a 'oh those poor, poor BTL'ers are finding it difficult to get mortgage loans' article. See:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/money/article-1303979/Landlords-hit-huge-fees-new-buy-let-loans.html

well they will,

haven't read the article but talking to someone in the industry he said its dead, the lot including BTL. They (lenders) have withdrawn over 95% of the products & few left require very high deposit & strict lending criteria, not many qualify. So its really near impossible to get one of those or any mortgage nowadays.

Another helping hand to crash.

Edited by DisQ

My thoughts have been added!!

And greens and reds ticked.

Checked back and someone had instantly red flagged me! I wonder if it was a BTLer, a public sector worker, a career benefit dependent or even Gormless himself??!

Interestingly you can "green flag" your own comment tho!

you have to send me all your cash via way of my bank account in the Cayman Islands?

Aye, 'fraid so.

I may as well send you my cash, do I get a night with Lois Griffin? The safe word is "Banana"

It's not doing a great deal here at the moment anyway!

Looks like Sibley or Hamish is getting involved!

It seems there's a bunch of house price crash sabre rattlers on here following a meat-puppet call on housepricecrash.com
And as ever they attack the wrong target. Are house prices too high? Yes. But rental costs aren't exactly cheap either. That tells you something. The problem is the massive undersupply of housing in this country. All BTL landlord's can do is to move property from the owner occupier sector to the rental sector. Any increase in buying costs will be reflected by a decrease in the cost of renting. Supply and demand.
What we need is a government that addresses the supply problems in the housing market so that the cost of housing, bought or rented, bears a reasonable relationship to typical income levels.
What we don't need is a bunch of tinned-food-hoarding doomsday fantasists talking nonsense. Let's get more decent houses built and address the real problem. I know that's not what they preach at the Evangelical Church of HPC but it is the truth.
- Robert, London, 18/8/2010 18:51
Click to rate     Rating (0) Report abuse

:lol:

"...on here following a meat-puppet call..."

The amusing thing is, though, that for anyone who doesn't frequent this place - to whom he is presumably trying to speak - he's going to look a right c**t for posting something like that :D

"Margaret?....Margaret?..... have we got any meat puppet calls.....? Margaret...?!?!

tinned-food-hoarding doomsday fantasists

So it's not just me with a full garage? ;)

Over the last few years it was always the bears up against it on the comments sections. But now it's hard to find people to argue with, so much so I'm pretty bored of commenting!

Agreed, the tide has changed, the bear wave gets ever bigger and more powerful!

The people have realised that high house prices are bleeding the nation dry, the green arrows only go to prove that; I've got 81 and counting :)

Edited by Pauly_Boy

Looks like Sibley or Hamish is getting involved!

It seems there's a bunch of house price crash sabre rattlers on here following a meat-puppet call on housepricecrash.com
And as ever they attack the wrong target. Are house prices too high? Yes. But rental costs aren't exactly cheap either. That tells you something. The problem is the massive undersupply of housing in this country. All BTL landlord's can do is to move property from the owner occupier sector to the rental sector. Any increase in buying costs will be reflected by a decrease in the cost of renting. Supply and demand.
What we need is a government that addresses the supply problems in the housing market so that the cost of housing, bought or rented, bears a reasonable relationship to typical income levels.
What we don't need is a bunch of tinned-food-hoarding doomsday fantasists talking nonsense. Let's get more decent houses built and address the real problem. I know that's not what they preach at the
Evangelical Church of HPC
but it is the truth.
- Robert, London, 18/8/2010 18:51

Is that an official religion?

Is that an official religion?

Bishop+of+Bath+%26+Wells.jpg

"I AM THE BABY-EATING BISHOP OF BATH AND WELLS! BRING ME THE FIRST BORN OF A BTL!"

I'd convert.