House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
The Masked Tulip

Buyers Market In Swansea

I know that this is an anecdotal but felt it was worth bringing to the attention of the main forum for a few hours...

I was doing a trawl of Swansea EAs today and got mostly the usual "Everything is selling" and "September will be our busiest month" stuff...

Listened to one EA, IMPO, abusing a client on the telephone... I think she had no idea how aggressive she was being... sounded a tad desperate to me... Not the first time in the past 2 months that I have overheard similar telephone conversations from this lady.

Then I came across one EA, in a different firm, who admitted to me that she has begun looking for another job because they are selling so little and she knows that there is no future the way things are going... She intends to get out of the EA game...

But one chap, in yet another firm, surprised me by coming straight out and admitting that it is now a buyer's market in Swansea and that, whereas last Summer, his firm had about 150 houses in the whole of Swansea on the market... that currently they have just over 900 houses from tiny flats and terraces to the ludicrously priced countryside jobs...

A lot of "investors" are selling up I was told...

There you go... :rolleyes:

I know that this is an anecdotal but felt it was worth bringing to the attention of the main forum for a few hours...

I was doing a trawl of Swansea EAs today and got mostly the usual "Everything is selling" and "September will be our busiest month" stuff...

Listened to one EA, IMPO, abusing a client on the telephone... I think she had no idea how aggressive she was being... sounded a tad desperate to me... Not the first time in the past 2 months that I have overheard similar telephone conversations from this lady.

Then I came across one EA, in a different firm, who admitted to me that she has begun looking for another job because they are selling so little and she knows that there is no future the way things are going... She intends to get out of the EA game...

But one chap, in yet another firm, surprised me by coming straight out and admitting that it is now a buyer's market in Swansea and that, whereas last Summer, his firm had about 150 houses in the whole of Swansea on the market... that currently they have just over 900 houses from tiny flats and terraces to the ludicrously priced countryside jobs...

A lot of "investors" are selling up I was told...

There you go... :rolleyes:

Excellent, a long way from me but I do enjoy these sorts of anecdotals.

The EAs down here in the west are all very busy - that's what they're telling everyone and they're dead right. They're busy with an avalanche of new instructions which they can't shift. Diddums :lol:

Edited by gruffydd

The EAs down here in the west are all very busy - that's what they're telling everyone and they're dead right. They're busy with an avalanche of new instructions which they can't shift. Diddums :lol:

Forgot to say, one EA said that North Gower holiday lets were almost non-existent but South Gower lets had a good Summer so far - people not going overseas.

Odd really, as the Gower has looked remarkably quiet - quieter than normal - this Summer.

there are many areas in city that are the buyers market because supply exceeds demand.on the other hand a small development gets going in the area and the formula is overturned demand exceeds supply.

a company i worked with maintained a number of rental properties in hinckley LE10.the town was starving for investment and properties were decling and strugling for accupation.now the town is scheduled for major devolopment in the next few years,the demand for properties have steadley started to improve.

there are many areas in city that are the buyers market because supply exceeds demand.on the other hand a small development gets going in the area and the formula is overturned demand exceeds supply.

a company i worked with maintained a number of rental properties in hinckley LE10.the town was starving for investment and properties were decling and strugling for accupation.now the town is scheduled for major devolopment in the next few years,the demand for properties have steadley started to improve.

Your tasks did not include writing anything I hope.

Welcome to HPC. Is life as a property VI that bad now you can't afford a keyboard with a working shift key?

whereas last Summer, his firm had about 150 houses in the whole of Swansea on the market... that currently they have just over 900 houses

Last summer EAs would list at any property at stupidly high prices, because sthe shortage of sellers left them desperate for new clients

Guese what the EAs will do this year?

"sorry we're not listing at that price, we have plenty on the books already"