House Price Crash Forum
Caveat Mortgagor

Two Vi's That Havent Got A Clue!

Thought this might make a few people chuckle

RICs spokeman suggetsed that 1 in 10 sellers in Horncastle may drop their price to get a sale. (Apparently its nothing to do with Mortgage availability, insane pricing v local salaries etc, its cos the houses are too alike!)

http://www.thisislincolnshire.co.uk/horncastle/DROP-PRICE/article-2538846-detail/article.html

Andy Hey, Lincolnshire spokesman for the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors, says there appears to be a large amount of homes on the market at the moment and believes that one in ten will end up dropping their price to be the one that sells.

The good news is that someone steps in to tell him he's wrong! Cue Michael Noonan of Horncastle-based Remax 'Mr Hey is a brave man to make such statements. There has definitely been downward pressure over the last two months, whether or not prices are actually falling or just stabilising, I wouldn't like to say.

So, to test which one is correct i have done a rightmove search and counted the number of price drops showing on property bee.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/Horncastle.html?displayPropertyType=houses&oldDisplayPropertyType=houses&includeSSTC=true&_includeSSTC=on

136 properties showing for the Horncastle area. If the The RICs spokesman is right, then over time 13 of those people will drop their price.

To date 38 have already dropped their price. Lets call it 30%. In nice round numbers, nearly 1 in 3!

Both these muppets are a million miles away. It makes me despair that these people make a living in the housing industry and their advice is a factor in the most expensive purchase that most people ever make.

Why do they make bold off the cuff statements that are nowhere near the truth rather than offer correct advice after a few seconds of research.

I think the safest thing to assume is that they know exactly what they are talking about, but that what they say virtually never reflects their honestly held, genuine beliefs.

Whether you are a buyer or a seller, you will never get the truth from anyone who works in the property industry - banks, EAs, surveyors, newspapers (huge advertising revenue from property), economists paid by banks, either in-house or as external consultants - even MPS who believe Britain's success depends on property appreciation, which is the opposite of the truth.

Couldn't understand that article. So 1 in 10 will drop their price. Does that mean 9/10 won't need to drop their price to get a sale or does it mean 9/10 won't drop their price and won't get a sale?

Actually there's something fundamentally wrong with all these people the media drag out.

I mean, you'd never turn on Top Gear or read a car section in a paper and find a bloke from Ford telling you why the new Fiesta is a great investment, but the media is full of 'property experts' who have clear vested interests.

Thought this might make a few people chuckle

RICs spokeman suggetsed that 1 in 10 sellers in Horncastle may drop their price to get a sale. (Apparently its nothing to do with Mortgage availability, insane pricing v local salaries etc, its cos the houses are too alike!)

http://www.thisislincolnshire.co.uk/horncastle/DROP-PRICE/article-2538846-detail/article.html

Andy Hey, Lincolnshire spokesman for the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors, says there appears to be a large amount of homes on the market at the moment and believes that one in ten will end up dropping their price to be the one that sells.

The good news is that someone steps in to tell him he's wrong! Cue Michael Noonan of Horncastle-based Remax 'Mr Hey is a brave man to make such statements. There has definitely been downward pressure over the last two months, whether or not prices are actually falling or just stabilising, I wouldn't like to say.

So, to test which one is correct i have done a rightmove search and counted the number of price drops showing on property bee.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/Horncastle.html?displayPropertyType=houses&oldDisplayPropertyType=houses&includeSSTC=true&_includeSSTC=on

136 properties showing for the Horncastle area. If the The RICs spokesman is right, then over time 13 of those people will drop their price.

To date 38 have already dropped their price. Lets call it 30%. In nice round numbers, nearly 1 in 3!

Both these muppets are a million miles away. It makes me despair that these people make a living in the housing industry and their advice is a factor in the most expensive purchase that most people ever make.

Why do they make bold off the cuff statements that are nowhere near the truth rather than offer correct advice after a few seconds of research.

I do get a little p!ssed when some members of my profession try to become economists. Bad ones at that. He is there to value "rebus sic stantibus" not advise clients on fair pricing (unless he is an EA as well, perish the thought).

Tom MRICS

Was just checking out the said agent and I notice that PB doesn't show on the individual agent list :blink: Once you look at the property it does but not main list. Just pointing out and not complaining by the way.

D

Was just checking out the said agent and I notice that PB doesn't show on the individual agent list :blink: Once you look at the property it does but not main list. Just pointing out and not complaining by the way.

D

I wonder if the REMAX guy might want to re-examine his statements and perhaps give some helpful advice to one of their vendors. For those of you without Property Bee - its been on the market at the same price since Jan 09!

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-20329898.html

Well if someone wants to make a comment on the site , I make it 31 out of 102 remax listings that have dropped there asking price , a tad more than 1 - 10 lol.

Did try but registration when doo lally on me

Edit: managed to do it :0)

D

Edited by Dames

For those of you without Property Bee - its been on the market at the same price since Jan 09!

I guess they are waiting for the market to catch up with the price. By 2030 they should be in with a chance of a sale.

Well if someone wants to make a comment on the site , I make it 31 out of 102 remax listings that have dropped there asking price , a tad more than 1 - 10 lol.

D

Nice comment 'death by donut'!

Wonder if the idiot EA will care to explain himself or eat his words!

D

lol, love the comment :D