House Price Crash Forum

Huth

Tonkers

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443

In the modern, dumbed-down media, it's their way of trying to encourage you that this person supposedly knows what they're taking about, without further scrutiny.

In this environment, a doctor could equally be called a "health expert" alongside a pharmacist and a health writer...

HOLA444

Since when did 'estate agents' become 'property experts'?

I hate the word expert. Hate it.

OK, my rant now, I hate it when these 'experts' valuation is then used to calculate a 'profit' figure without reference to transaction costs, debt servicing costs, etc as well as no questions as to whether the 'experts' valuation is acheivable in a real world transaction.

HOLA445
HOLA446

OK, my rant now, I hate it when these 'experts' valuation is then used to calculate a 'profit' figure without reference to transaction costs, debt servicing costs, etc as well as no questions as to whether the 'experts' valuation is acheivable in a real world transaction.

Oh that's what makes these shows so fecking delightful. We will take the higher valuation please Bob. When I told my other half that these properties rarely sold at these finger in the wind prices he was shocked, but he had never thought about it.

Another one is where they have the expert pontificate that it will get £500 rental, and developer muppet goes, oh we have just let it for £600. This is TV you dumb shmucks, is your tenant not going to watch this?

HOLA447
HOLA448

They are not experts.....they do not even give valuations, home owners make up their own valuations, they then take a few pictures state the obvious, link to a website then do a bit of photo copying...try to match a buyer with a seller then charge 1% to 2% for their efforts.....no qualifications required.

HOLA449

Since when did 'estate agents' become 'property experts'?

I hate the word expert. Hate it.

An expert is someone who knows more and more about less and less until they eventually know everything about nothing.

That said: even such a description would be altogether too 'generous' regarding EAs and the like.

Aidanapword

HOLA4410