House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Realistbear

George Soros Dumps His Stocks - Black Days Ahead

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/markets/7950771/George-Soros-slashes-exposure-to-US-equities.html

George Soros has slashed the amount of money he is willing to gamble on the fortunes of the US stock market in the second quarter as market volatility increased.
By James "Jim" Quinn
Published: 7:08PM BST 17 Aug 2010
George Soros' fund has approximately $25bn under management Photo: Reuters The legendary investor's Soros Fund Management which has approximately $25bn (£16bn) under management reduced its equity investments by 42pc to $5.1bn by the end of June, down from $8.8bn at the end of March...../
it is likely some of the money has been
shifted into government bonds
, as well as investing in commodities and other safe havens.

Hmmm............... :ph34r:

Edited by Realistbear

Why do you listen to the words of grifters RB?

Indeedy--hence the :ph34r:

Bait & switch? Not so sure as the SMs have all been "bouyant" in the face of awful fundamentals.

Government and high end corporate bonds have been dong well. I am still hanging in with PIMCO and their corporate bond fund has been seeing some massive inflows. Always good to have the finger near the sell button though.

"Investor (who made a very good bet 18 years ago and had dined out on it ever since) sells some stocks"

Wow.

We can add it to the other headlines:

"Investor buys some stocks"

"Investor holds some stocks"

"Investor buys some bonds"

"Investor sells some bonds"

You get the idea.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/markets/7950771/George-Soros-slashes-exposure-to-US-equities.html

George Soros has slashed the amount of money he is willing to gamble on the fortunes of the US stock market in the second quarter as market volatility increased.
By James "Jim" Quinn
Published: 7:08PM BST 17 Aug 2010
George Soros' fund has approximately $25bn under management Photo: Reuters The legendary investor's Soros Fund Management – which has approximately $25bn (£16bn) under management – reduced its equity investments by 42pc to $5.1bn by the end of June, down from $8.8bn at the end of March...../
it is likely some of the money has been
shifted into government bonds
, as well as investing in commodities and other safe havens.

Hmmm............... :ph34r:

Hmmm indeed

With everyone believing that Wellington was defeated, Nathan Rothschild began to sell all of his stock on the English Stock Market. Everyone panicked and also began selling, causing stocks to plummet to practically nothing. At the last minute, Nathan Rothschild began buying up the stocks at rock-bottom prices

Indeedy--hence the :ph34r:

Bait & switch? Not so sure as the SMs have all been "bouyant" in the face of awful fundamentals.

Government and high end corporate bonds have been dong well. I am still hanging in with PIMCO and their corporate bond fund has been seeing some massive inflows. Always good to have the finger near the sell button though.

RB, how do you invest in the corporate bond fund? can you post a link? thanks.

This is quite typical of the absolute rubbish that pervades the financial media.

You need to be doing what Soros is doing whilst he's doing it, or preferably just before.

Thinking about perhaps copying Soros 3 months after the event is the reason he's rich and just about everyone else isn't.

Not that most people will ever learn that lesson of course.

This is quite typical of the absolute rubbish that pervades the financial media.

You need to be doing what Soros is doing whilst he's doing it, or preferably just before.

Thinking about perhaps copying Soros 3 months after the event is the reason he's rich and just about everyone else isn't.

You'd practically have to be inside his head as he changes his positions with amazing speed. I read somewhere that if he gets a funny feeling in his back he knows that his positions are all wrong. At his age I imagine this leads to some very erratic trading.

Far too sensible for an HPC TFH thread!

Someone posted yesterday that China has been dumping US treasuries. Which hints someone has been buying. Now we know someone had been selling another asset class, which means a few billion looking for a home. But it would be silly to speculate on the possible interconnectedness of all things (better just bill Mrs Miggins for the search for her cat).

Guest UK Debt Slave

George Soros' fund has approximately $25bn under management Photo: Reuters The legendary investor's Soros Fund Management bla bla bla

Shouldn't that read 'legendary THIEF'

Legendary 'economic hitman'

Legendary purloiner of UK Treasury (our) gold

Legendary 'agent of the Rothschild banking dynasty'

Soros is an internationa criminal. He should be hunted down an publically hung as a warning to other bankster thieves

Soros is an internationa criminal. He should be hunted down an publically hung as a warning to other bankster thieves

I just read that of the $7 billion that Soros has given away some has gone to the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) whose stated mission, according to wikipedia, is "to defend and preserve the individual rights and liberties guaranteed to every person in this country by the Constitution and laws of the United States."

I wouldn't have thought the ACLU was high on the list of NWO organisations.

You'd practically have to be inside his head as he changes his positions with amazing speed. I read somewhere that if he gets a funny feeling in his back he knows that his positions are all wrong. At his age I imagine this leads to some very erratic trading.

Yes, that was my point really. By the time mug punter reads in a 3rd hand 'investment' article what he was doing in April that ships already sailed. You have to develop your own funny feeling in your back instead. The role of the financial media, for the most part, is to separate you from your cash. This is a typical example of that in my view.

+1

I just read that of the $7 billion that Soros has given away some has gone to the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) whose stated mission, according to wikipedia, is "to defend and preserve the individual rights and liberties guaranteed to every person in this country by the Constitution and laws of the United States."

what do you think of Blair's donation then?

zionist perhaps dyor etc

zionist perhaps dyor etc

From my experience in the States those most opposed to the ACLU are the religious right wingers, such as those that believe in the rapture, and the mostly redneck types who love to see Americans blow things up and kill foreigners (and whose grandparents used to string people up from trees).

From my experience in the States those most opposed to the ACLU are the religious right wingers, such as those that believe in the rapture, and the mostly redneck types who love to see Americans blow things up and kill foreigners (and whose grandparents used to string people up from trees).

dig deeper

RB, how do you invest in the corporate bond fund? can you post a link? thanks.

http://personal.fidelity.com/products/funds/mfl_frame.shtml?722008505&rsrch=gqb

PIMCO Investment Grd Corp Bd CL D
(PBDDX)
YTD Performance as of 08/17/2010 10.19%
1 Year* 15.62%
:D
3 Year* 11.37%
5 Year* 7.69%
Life* 7.39%

This along with PIMCO's PTTDX fund have performed nicely over the last year and haven proven to be a good place to ride out the madness in stocks. All US $ funds so not sure how you would invest from the UK unless PIMCO have an equivalent with Fidelity UK or other investment brokerage.

PIMCO Total Return CL D(PTTDX)

YTD Performance as of 08/17/2010 8.30%

1 Year* 12.18%

3 Year* 10.90%

5 Year* 7.60%

10 Year* 7.55%

Life* 7.05%

NAV as of 08/17/2010 11.50

Morningstar Category Intermediate-Term Bond

Overall Morningstar Rating

Edited by Realistbear

I got involved with the Anti-Christian Liberties Union in 2005 when I threatend them with a lawsuit over a move to force the City of Los Angeles to drop their traditional "coat of arms" because it contained historical religious symbolism from the founding days of California under the Spanish Monks (16th Century). I proposed an injunction forcing them to bring equivalent suits against a class of entities all of which included similar symbols or references to religious people, ideas or traditions. In my letter before action I said that they must move to change the name of the City of Los Angeles because of its overt references to religious symbols (Angels) which some religious and atheist groups did not hold beliefs in. Also includes where the cities of San Diego and San Francisco as these were named after Roman Catholic Monks who only appealed to a minority of Californians. Street names that included religious symbols were also to be included especially those referring to Biblical names, events or concepts (Via De La Rosa, for example.).

The suit was no brought by the ACLU as they realised that their fascist ideas would not be palatable to most Californians who held to the idea of liberty and freedom to express religious concepts including atheistic concepts.

You can have a lot of fun with fascist groups like the ACLU as their fundalmentalism got them ito some ridiculous situations as the above example demonstrates. I had some interesting correspondence from their mostly Jewish lawyers (strange that?) who argued that my analogies did not hold true without saying why they did not hold true. Geese and Ganders was my reply although I was tempted to send them a Seig Heil!

Edited by Realistbear

Guest UK Debt Slave

I got involved with the Anti-Christian Liberties Union in 2005 when I threatend them with a lawsuit over a move to force the City of Los Angeles to drop their traditional "coat of arms" because it contained historical religious symbolism from the founding days of California under the Spanish Monks (16th Century). I proposed an injunction forcing them to bring equivalent suits against a class of entities all of which included similar symbols or references to religious people, ideas or traditions. In my letter before action I said that they must move to change the name of the City of Los Angeles because of its overt references to religious symbols (Angels) which some religious and atheist groups did not hold beliefs in. Also includes where the cities of San Diego and San Francisco as these were named after Roman Catholic Monks who only appealed to a minority of Californians. Street names that included religious symbols were also to be included especially those referring to Biblical names, events or concepts (Via De La Rosa, for example.).

The suit was no brought by the ACLU as they realised that their fascist ideas would not be palatable to most Californians who held to the idea of liberty and freedom to express religious concepts including atheistic concepts.

You can have a lot of fun with fascist groups like the ACLU as their fundalmentalism got them ito some ridiculous situations as the above example demonstrates. I had some interesting correspondence from their mostly Jewish lawyers (strange that?) who argued that my analogies did not hold true without saying why they did not hold true. Geese and Ganders was my reply although I was tempted to send them a Seig Heil!

Nicely sums up the real agendas and ideologies of groups like the ACLU doesn't it?

No wonder Soros donated money to them.

America is choccablock with institutions like this, masquerading as 'defenders of liberty and freedom' when in reality, they are precisely the opposite.

You'll probably find it is funded by people like the Rockefellers and the CFR. Alot of these so called 'charitable' foundations are fronts for the statist thugs who run America

Nicely sums up the real agendas and ideologies of groups like the ACLU doesn't it?

No wonder Soros donated money to them.

America is choccablock with institutions like this, masquerading as 'defenders of liberty and freedom' when in reality, they are precisely the opposite.

You'll probably find it is funded by people like the Rockefellers and the CFR. Alot of these so called 'charitable' foundations are fronts for the statist thugs who run America

Agree. The ACLU are an insidious bunch of fascists who hide under the banner of "liberals" when their agenda is clearly state control and elimination of all groups whose ideas do not confirm to their narrow interpretation of liberty which is seen as "freedom from______" rather than "freedom to_________."

There is a very good reason the US Consitution includes a guns clause--the right to protect yourself against the government when it no longer represents the interests of liberty and freedom from oppression. The ACLU in their fascist fervour want to outlaw the right to bear arms as they know it is a means by which the ordinary citizen can resist government oppression. Of course, they cover it all up in an anti-Christian package arguing that it is the Christian "right" who want to imprison the liberals and declare war on the world when the reality is that it is the oligarchs and the liberals who have always been the warmongers* because of their intolerant stance toward freedom of others to express opposing views.

* E.g. Both WW1 and WW2 was etered into under a liberal President (Woody Wilson and Frankie Roosevelt. Lyndon Johnson continued the war in Viet Nam begun by the liberal French and taken over by the liberal fascist Kennedy (whose Dad was an ardent supporter of Heinrich Himmler and Adolf Hitler) -it took religious "right" Tricky Dicky to get the US out of it by forging the beginning of a trade alliance with the Chinese.

Edited by Realistbear

Guest UK Debt Slave

Mmm, that would be nice :rolleyes:

Think I'll chip in some cash for him if that is his plan.

Makes me laugh when they say Soros 'broke' the Bank of England

What actually happened was the UK Treasury sold a slice of our gold reserves to buy back our own zhitty paper money to save sterling from falling into a black hole.

It was a well planned heist to rob the British people of their gold reserves.

Norman Lamont is an ex-director of NM Rothschild investment bank.

I bet he was in on the treachery.

Soros is a monster. He should be exterminated