House Price Crash Forum

Head over to Youtube now and watch Zeitgeist (1-16 parts) a fearful and engaging look at The Federal Reserve, WW1, WW2, Vietnam, 9/11, 7/7 and how the creation of debt is deliberate to enslave us all.

Head over to Youtube now and watch Zeitgeist (1-16 parts) a fearful and engaging look at The Federal Reserve, WW1, WW2, Vietnam, 9/11, 7/7 and how the creation of debt is deliberate to enslave us all.

watched that a couple of years ago

When's the revolution going to kick off?, and from what part of society will it emerge from first?

Or will it start at all? or do we need yet another atrocious facade of murderous skullduggery to engage us collectively into a future pursuit of rebellion?

Try Zeitgeist Addendum as well.

Relevant film, well worth the attention of the Forum.

[start watching 5:35 in. Long Intro]

http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com

After an excessively long introduction, Zeitgeist launches into a dissection of religion (titled “The Greatest Story Ever Told”), and by religion the film-makers mean Christianity. A brief summary of astrology gives way to a comparison of earlier Middle-Eastern mythologies to the mythology which predated all of them. Indeed there are many coincidences to between the Egyptian Sun God Horus and the central figures of later faiths:

• Horus was born December 25th to the virgin Isis
  • He was adorned by three “kings” who followed an eastern star
  • He was deemed a prodigy at 12 and was baptized at the Age of 30
  • He traveled with 12 disciples and traveled around performing miracles like healing the sick and walking on water
  • His alternate names included “Lamb of God”, “The truth, the light”
  • He was betrayed, crucified, buried from the dead and rose three days later

Anyone who paid attention during Sunday school or at least made an effort to read a bible (a group encompassing fewer Christians that one would think) should be a bit uneasy, as the Story of Jesus Christ is nearly identical – only the names differ. Strangely (or perhaps not) the same general sequence of events can be found many other mythologies across the world. The film then attempts to link common attributes of these stories to astrological symbolism and does a fairly convincing job of it.

None of this information (or at least the discussion of its legitimacy) should be new to armchair theologians, but it was not initially clear why Christianity was singled out above all others for astrological plagiarism – it was not the first, last or worst offender among the emerging faiths. Eventually, the answer is provided – the Romans apparently invented the myth of Jesus Christ solely to exercise social and economic control over Europe. Never mind Karl Marx’s Opiate of the Masses attack – the Zeitgeist narrator directly refers to Christianity and similar faiths as “the fraud of the age”. Them be Fightin’ words.

Alas, Zeitgeist is a film about conspiracy theories – an emphatic diatribe of how small groups of shadowy figures conspire to control the masses.

Bush’s Brawn

The second part of the movie, titled “All the World’s a Stage”, attempts to prove that the US government plotted the 9/11 attacks in New York and contracted the dirty work to international resources. Provided evidence includes a mixture of the apparent “TV clips of witnesses describing a second explosion”, the questionable “government efforts to hide any conclusive evidence of a Boeing 757 hitting the Pentagon” and the perplexing “the demolition-like accuracy with which the buildings collapsed”. Again, the viewer is presented with a series of facts that are true or at least believable, some arousing anecdotes and a consequential induction that implicates shadowy powers.

If film-maker Peter Joseph can be credited for one thing, it’s flawlessly utilizing Dale Carnegie’s yes-yes technique to influence the viewer. Like any good conspiracy theorist, he starts with information that is true (yes #1), follows with information that is apparent enough to make the viewer question previous dogma (yes #2) and inserts his interpretation of what is driving those occurrences (in this case, that the US government intentionally detonated the twin towers). One major distinction between a conspiracy theory and a valid explanation is that conspiracy theories rarely work inversely as deduction. As a Math Professor of mine loved to recite, proving all poodles are dogs does not prove all dogs are poodles.

Hand in my Pocket

The third section is called “Don’t Mind The Men Behind The Curtain” and deals with disproportionate influence exercised by early banking tycoons like JP Morgan and John D Rockefeller. The stock market crash of 1929 is alleged to have been deliberately engineered by the “international bankers” to allow a large-scale cash grab and easy purchase of failed rivals. The 1933 American gold seizure, establishment of the US Federal Reserve and the major world wars of the 20th century are also attributed to the objectives of the international bankers, who stood to gain from the interest on loans made to both the state and consumers. These bankers are never clearly defined after the first generation of financial barons. More alarmingly, the Federal Income Tax is declared unconstitutional – a declaration backed by a pair of former IRS agents who testify to avoiding tax payment for years without penalty. Perhaps they could share what they know with Wesley Snipes.

Zeitgeist closes, strangely, with a motivational speech about unity and how the human race should unshackle themselves from the social structures imposed by a diabolical few. It did provide levity for an otherwise bleak film, but nonetheless sounded kitschy.

Worth a Tin-Foil Hat?

Is Zeitgeist worth the watch? Probably, as you can watch it for free via the URL provided above. The movie also provides an opportunity to test your critical thinking – the real enjoyment in indulging conspiracy theories is not self-congratulation for being skeptical, but being able to explain precisely where they fail.

Conversely, you may find yourself occasionally saying “wait a minute!” and questioning what you thought you knew. Sadly, conspiracy theories are one of the few remaining outlets for some good old-fashioned, politically-incorrect debate, and one area Zeitgest excels at is stimulating debate. Invite a friend or two over and have fun.

Edited by Dan1

The latest Zeitgeist movie is now out on their site and youtube.

Zeitgeist: Moving Forward.

I highly recommend watching this. Just wish they'd show it to all school students.

Anyone here not seen this?

Me.

For the same reasons as I've never seen EraserHead past the first five minutes.

1. The first few minutes are mindnumbingly boring.

Plus, I have a fair idea of its themes, and am aware that I am already well beyond the film's level of tin hattedness. As I'm naturally Cconservative, I find my own conclusions somewhat uncomfortable, and I'd rather challenge my heuristics than seek confirmation.

On which point, reading the review above, have they really not made the link between their first and second chapters, which would clearly suggest that 911 was neither a black swan, nor a false flag escapade, but a joint project...

Anyone here not seen this?

I watched the first one in 2008, I was a taxi driver at the time and a passenger told me to watch it because it would 'blow my mind', can't remember how we got on the subject.

It's probably what lead me to this forum, because since then I have been fascinated by how little us little people know about what is going on around us, and has lead me to read between the lines on everything thrown at me from government or the media.

The religion segment was very interesting too, though apparently highly disputed. Eventually got my mum to watch it and she said exactly the same, problem is it's turned her into a really bad conspiracy theorist to the point I don't go down there very often :huh:

...you may also be interested in The Anatomy of Hate, full release not online yet (?) but I'm looking forward to it

Edited by jones87

The latest Zeitgeist movie is now out on their site and youtube.

Zeitgeist: Moving Forward.

I highly recommend watching this. Just wish they'd show it to all school students.

I've watched all three, "The movie"; "Addendum" and "Moving forward". I found the first two to be among the most interesting psychological fiction I've ever seen as a film, and while, to me, it was obviously 'wrong' - it did leave some big questions that demanded further investigation. I've met several people who believe Zeitgeist's version of events - and that's scary... The films highlight gaping holes in popular perception - which is good - but it becomes genuinely frightening when people accept the first story they come across that claims to fill-in-the-blanks. It is a scary reminder about how easy it would be to dupe a sizable group using any-old half-baked ideology, potentially with disastrous consequences.

The moving forward film is not on the same level. I wanted to be enthusiastic about it - but I was left frustrated that, to me, the suggestions were transparently silly. The economic concepts were banal and the allusion that the only solution is a centrally planned economy ignores just about everything that is known about human behaviour... and, if that wasn't niggling enough, the sort of bogus (pseudo) science that causes me to shun sci-fi is thrown in for good measure. Gaaaah, it was pants.

Philosophy is fascinating... and it is philosophical questions that make Zeitgeist interesting. The first two films grab most people and make them realise that, in a very practical way, they don't really understand the monetary system... and, hence, all their financial decisions have been without any sound basis. That's somewhere between a proper thriller, a horror - and a video nasty. The third film, like many third films in a series, is pathetic by comparison with the first.

Watch them, by all means, but - please - don't assume they're a factual documentary.... it's a spectacular story, and one that might prompt you to ask very interesting questions... but it doesn't have any (correct) answers.