House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pole

Rear Area Pig

well, well, well... Who would have thought...?

Adolf Hitler a war hero? Anything but, said first world war comrades (Guardian)

Hitler was a runner at regimental HQ several kilometers from the front, and living in comfort in a room. The papers also disclose that List men saw Hitler as an object of ridicule, joking about him starving in a canned food factory, unable to open a tin with a bayonet. He was viewed by his comrades in regimental HQ as a loner

A loner, an object of ridicule and a 'rear-area pig': Adolf Hitler according to his WWI regiment (Daily Mail)

Rear area pig in 1915: :P

article-1303804-0AD2DA9D000005DC-986_634x485.jpg

I have my doubts about this...

Anyhow, if he was the object of jokes it could perhaps explain what he ended up becoming... but if true then I am amazed any of the jokers lived.

Weber concludes that Hitler, who worked for a leftist government after the war, became violently nationalist and antisemitic after Germany's postwar and post-revolutionary economic and political crisis.

His research will be published next month in Hitler's First War, by Oxford University Press.

We have to wait or buy the book I think, Hitler's First War by Oxford University Press, on sale now.

Anyhow, if he was the object of jokes it could perhaps explain what he ended up becoming... but if true then I am amazed any of the jokers lived.

I doubt it too.

Interesting he had his picture taken back then. Wasn't photography rare in that time?

well, well, well... Who would have thought...?

Adolf Hitler a war hero? Anything but, said first world war comrades (Guardian)

Hitler was a runner at regimental HQ several kilometers from the front, and living in comfort in a room. The papers also disclose that List men saw Hitler as an object of ridicule, joking about him starving in a canned food factory, unable to open a tin with a bayonet. He was viewed by his comrades in regimental HQ as a loner

A loner, an object of ridicule and a 'rear-area pig': Adolf Hitler according to his WWI regiment (Daily Mail)

Rear area pig in 1915: :P

article-1303804-0AD2DA9D000005DC-986_634x485.jpg

Awful journalism in both papers

The Guardian's usual left-wing mud-slinging

And the Mail mentions neither Maddy, Diana or house prices

:P

The Guardian's usual left-wing mud-slinging

I'm surprised that you say that - I was just about to point out that the articles in the Guardian and the Mail are almost word-for-word matches.

So much for right wing/left wing - in practice it's same press releases, with zero analysis or added value by the paper.

I'm not sure about this TBH. IIRC Hitler was wounded in battle and received a decoration for valour. I have heard the thing about liking women to deficate on him before though. It is also true that most of the women he courted ended up commiting suicide.

oh dear! i hope you are not suspecting anybody might have an agenda here. that would be a disgraceful suggestion.

all the same, i'm also curious in what world would a twice-wounded, multi-decorated soldier be smeared as a cowardly "rear-area pig".

dr. thomas weber -- univ. aberdeen

Biography

Thomas *Weber's research and teaching expertise lies in European, international, and global political history. He also has an interest in international security, Jewish/non-Jewish relations and in historical methodology.

Before coming to Aberdeen, Weber held fellowships or taught at Harvard University, the Institute for Advanced Study in Princeton, the University of Pennsylvania, the University of Chicago, and the University of Glasgow. A native of Breckerfeld in Westphalia, he earned his DPhil from the University of Oxford in 2003.

His first book, Lodz Ghetto Album, won a 2004 Golden Light Award and a 2005 Infinity Award.

* Weber:

German and Jewish (Ashkenazic): occupational name for a weaver, Middle High German wëber, German Weber, an agent derivative of weben ‘to weave’. This name is widespread throughout central and eastern Europe, being found for example as a Czech, Polish, Slovenian, and Hungarian name.

Just to be clear, you're implying that the Oxford University Press is releasing a book (that you are yet to read) of lies created to smear Hitler and dismissing any evidence provided therein based on the fact that the author is Jewish?

I'm of course not suspecting that you might have an agenda here. that would be a disgraceful suggestion.

According to Greh Hallett, in his book "Hitler Was a British Agent" Hitler enjoyed having women defecate on him. He also had undersized genitals and only one testicle. (Many women whom he courted committed suicide. The love of his life was his 17-year-old half-niece Geli whom he murdered in 1931 when she got pregnant by his chauffeur. Machtan argues that Hitlers real affections were for the chauffeur.)

http://www.greghallett.com/

I heard he had a glass table for that sort of thing...Strangely I know of a highly skilled carpenter who was asked if he could make one of those - apparently you make sure that the glass is strong enough for someone to stand on...

There were other rumours, where I believe that Hitler had family in Liverpool, and a British soldier had Hitler in his sights, but took pity on him, or something like that..

but i do have an agenda. i'm anti-propaganda.

Yes

I for one find your tireless, heroic anti propaganda campaign and your sterling work as a Nazi apologist and holocaust revisionist admirable.

Good work, you should be proud of yourself.

I heard he had a glass table for that sort of thing...Strangely I know of a highly skilled carpenter who was asked if he could make one of those - apparently you make sure that the glass is strong enough for someone to stand on...

There were other rumours, where I believe that Hitler had family in Liverpool, and a British soldier had Hitler in his sights, but took pity on him, or something like that..

Hitler's brother used to live in London and had a tea shop.

I am not making this up.

The love of his life was his 17-year-old half-niece Geli whom he murdered in 1931 when she got pregnant by his chauffeur.

Never heard that one before. Is it verified?

same here. those who win write history. i heard churchill was a bit of a fat old c"nt too. he had striking proptestors burned alive. i hate winston churchill.

"and received a decoration for valour,"

Don't the Hun have an understated reputation for handing out Iron Crosses with ration packs?

As for the one ball thing, I put that down to the classically educated chaps in the propaganda department. Apparently the same allegations were made about Sulla.

i heard he only had one ball too. ho ho.

We used to sing a song about it at school, went something like:

Hitler has only got one ball,

The other is in the other is in the Albert Hall

His mother, the dirty bugger,

Chopped it off when he was small.

Sang to Colonel Bogey.

:)

googled this, can't verify it but it looks at least as impressive a war record as US president george bush senior's and better than JF kennedy's (both respected veterans).

First World War Service

of Adolf Hitler

20 April 1889 - 30 April 1945

Chronology

Feb 14 Screened for Austrian Military Service; Found Unfit

Aug 14 Hitler petitions to serve in Bavarian forces despite Austrian Citizenship

16 Aug 14 Hitler volunteers for 16th Bavarian Reserve Infantry Regiment, also known as the List Regiment after its commander

8 Oct 14 Hitler takes oath to King Ludwig III of Bavaria

29 Oct 14 Sees first action 5 miles east of Ypres

Nov 14 Unit near Messines; Assigned war-long role as headquarters messenger

Dec 14 Awarded Iron Cross 2nd Class; Refuses to participate in Christmas Truce

1915 Hitler promoted to Lance Corporal; participates in several actions in Artois Sector

7 Oct 16 Wounded in leg at the Somme; Hitler then spends two months at military hospital in Beelitz near Berlin

Early 17 On light duty after being wounded

1 Mar 17 Returns to Regiment at Front in Picardy

Summer 17 List Regiment returns to Ypres Salient

31 July 17 Battle of Passchendaele begins

Fall 17 Regiment rested in Alsace

Late 17/Early 18 Regiment sent to Oise/Aisne Sector

Mar 18 Operating near Montdidier

Aug 18 Awarded Iron Cross 1st Class for service since 1914 as messenger

28 Sep 18 Incident involving Henry Tandy, VC

Oct 18 Regiment back in Ypres Sector

13 Oct 18 Gassed and temporarily blinded near Wervicq

Oct 18 Recovering his sight at Pasewalk, Germany, Hitler witnesses naval mutineers

11 Nov 18 At news of armistice; Hitler reacts bitterly

Hitler passed up promotion to full corporal because it would result in his being reassigned from the messenger group.

Besides two Iron Crosses, Hitler was awarded the Bavarian Military Medal 3rd class with bar, and later received, as did all wounded soldiers, the Cross of Military Merit.

He never faced American forces during the war.

The List Regiment and the headquarters messenger group suffered tremendous casualties during the war, but Hitler avoided many close calls and regularly indicated he expected to survive the war.

Hitler's life was once spared by a British soldier, Henry Tandey, VC.

where did you find this info out of interest?

Adolf was a liar.

An intellectual coward. His bitching about starvation without lebensraum is a laugh in the face of european agricultural surpluses.

I don't buy a whit about Adolf's distinguished fighting record.

I think it's lies. Everything else about him was.

Adolf to the Jermans: "I am you saviour."

Jermans: "Cool"

Loadsa Jermans get killed.

Big lie.

Adolf to the Jermans: "I was a fighting heron in WWI"

Yeah .... right ....

I've heard more rumours about his lineage..I'm not sure if its been documentated or not...but apparently he bombed an Austrian church (can't remember if it was in Braunau or Linz, or somewhere like that), which contained his birth certificate, that could confirm that he was actually part Jew (on his grandmother's side)..His grandmother had been knocking off her Jewish boss when she was younger - I think she worked as a maid..

Adolf was a liar.

An intellectual coward. His bitching about starvation without lebensraum is a laugh in the face of european agricultural surpluses.

I don't buy a whit about Adolf's distinguished fighting record.

I think it's lies. Everything else about him was.

Adolf to the Jermans: "I am you saviour."

Jermans: "Cool"

Loadsa Jermans get killed.

Big lie.

Adolf to the Jermans: "I was a fighting heron in WWI"

Yeah .... right ....

Europe didn't have an agricultural surplus in WW2. Hence something delightful called the Hunger Plan.