House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
van hoogstraten

Credit Card Britain

evening (sub)standard

Patrick Muir, marketing director of Morgan Stanley Consumer Banking, said: "The Index reveals that the trend for using credit cards to pay for everyday items is continuing to grow.

"We are witnessing the emergence of increasingly savvy shoppers who will benefit from credit cards that offer reward schemes such as cashback, in addition to taking advantage of the 55 day interest-free period that many cards offer."

Err...more like credit card users are so indebted they have to borrow money to pay for even the weekly shopping

Guest muttley

Not necessarily.We recently started putting our weekly shop on credit card,because they offer 2% back at the end of the year. (American Express Platinum Card).If you pay the full amount each month it is effectively a 2% discount card.

evening (sub)standard

Patrick Muir, marketing director of Morgan Stanley Consumer Banking, said: "The Index reveals that the trend for using credit cards to pay for everyday items is continuing to grow.

"We are witnessing the emergence of increasingly savvy shoppers who will benefit from credit cards that offer reward schemes such as cashback, in addition to taking advantage of the 55 day interest-free period that many cards offer."

Err...more like credit card users are so indebted they have to borrow money to pay for even the weekly shopping

I've decided to go back to using a cheque to pay for everything. Writing the amount out in numbers and letters is generally more sobering.

It is of course rather annoying for the time hungry person behind me in the queue.

so are credit cards

i prefer to be in a queue of people like me with cash out of there pocket and in there hand.(why do old ladies wait till the price is told before rummaging around in there purses for exact change)

I have a credit card which i have never taken out the house, its used for ebay and paying for stuff over the phone.I dont even know the pin number of it.

Edited by homeless

Guest Bart of Darkness
(why do old ladies wait till the price is told before rummaging around in there purses for exact change)

Yeah, they do that on the buses as well.

I get on with my cash/buscard in hand.

They get on, suddenly realise that they are expected to pay to use the service, rummage around in their purses (inevitably dropping at least one coin on the floor), then have to be told by the driver that they need to show their OAP pass as well before they can claim reduced fare. Cue more rummaging.... :angry:

Guest rigsby II
(why do old ladies wait till the price is told before rummaging around in there purses for exact change)

Yeah, they do that on the buses as well.

I get on with my cash/buscard in hand.

They get on, suddenly realise that they are expected to pay to use the service, rummage around in their purses (inevitably dropping at least one coin on the floor), then have to be told by the driver that they need to show their OAP pass as well before they can claim reduced fare. Cue more rummaging....

And they smell of p**s.

You never see 'em buying soap in the supermarket do you ?

Why do old men wear beige. Beige flat cap, beige trousers, beige raincoat, beige slip-ons, beige hearing aid and beige shopping bag...

Old beige Ba***rds...

And they smell of p**s.

Why do old men wear beige.  Beige flat cap, beige trousers, beige raincoat, beige slip-ons, beige hearing aid and beige shopping bag...

Its to hide the P*ss stains. BEsides, beige is so much cheaper and is fashion neutral.

Guest Bart of Darkness
Why do old men wear beige. Beige flat cap, beige trousers, beige raincoat, beige slip-ons, beige hearing aid and beige shopping bag...

I won't hear a word said against beige.

(actually I hear lots of words said against beige, usually from well-meaning friends).

I used to have those beige NHS hearing aids, do they do them in snazzier colours these days? (they could make 'em translucent blue like the old iMacs).