House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
NuBrit

Bargain Thread

3 bed semi in Newtownabbey going for £30k - http://www.propertynews.com/46nw5

2 bed terrace in West Belfast going for £33k - http://www.propertynews.com/46p69

3 bed terrace in North Belfast going for £35k - http://www.propertynews.com/45hvj

3 bed terrace in Craigavon going for £35k - http://www.propertynews.com/468mm

Things are definitely still coming down in price, especially at the lower end. Surely some of those places are bargains, especially considering you can just bung a DHSS tenant in them and get a 10% return.

I just wish I could get a detatched place in the Craigavon area for reasonable money.

Thoughts?

Edited by NuBrit

I think there is a mistake.

all these places have a Zero left off the price.

Can't follow the links, however if the last one is an ex NIHE house in Craigavon imho they missed out the decimal point :ph34r:

Can't follow the links, however if the last one is an ex NIHE house in Craigavon imho they missed out the decimal point :ph34r:

I followed the link and you are correct.

If I got a flat wheel near that one, id just drive on.

:ph34r:

Corrected the links.

I'm certainly not saying I would live in any of these places, it's pure Belly in the Beast stuff. If you had neck though, you could be getting a great investment as a slumlord.

these are auction guide prices surely?

edit - most probable and don't call me shirley

Edited by p.p.

Corrected the links.

I'm certainly not saying I would live in any of these places, it's pure Belly in the Beast stuff. If you had neck though, you could be getting a great investment as a slumlord.

Provided NIHE keep shelling out high rent money to support the private sector rental market. If not you will end up with an insolvent/unprofitable donkey. The Gov't here is funny, it used to be if you knew someone in the gov't in a high enough position you could get stuff done/get a job etc, now they are competing with each other to keep their 'special' revenue streams/jobs alive. Its now a competition to see has the most power. Who will win is anyones guess.

Provided NIHE keep shelling out high rent money to support the private sector rental market. If not you will end up with an insolvent/unprofitable donkey. The Gov't here is funny, it used to be if you knew someone in the gov't in a high enough position you could get stuff done/get a job etc, now they are competing with each other to keep their 'special' revenue streams/jobs alive. Its now a competition to see has the most power. Who will win is anyones guess.

The HE pays the same rent to private land lords as it pays to Social landlords or housing associations. If the house is up to scratch why should it pay differant amounts.

It has been argued in here that it is cheaper to rent than to buy/procure a new property. The HE have also looked at this and have increasingly looked at the private rental sector as a cheaper source of housing than the expensive way they have of procuring housing stock.