House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
postmi

Rick Santelli Is My New Hero

Great Guy. Been listening to him for some years now.

Shame he's not being listened to by those in power. The US and the world will wish they did when the Bond Market starts to collapse.

Edited by wtb

Shame he's not being listened to by those in power. The US and the world will wish they did when the Bond Market starts to collapse.

They will give him his own show (and they should)-like Dylan Rattigan.

Yes, very good. Like Schiff four years ago when he was surrounded by US housing bulls on every show.

Yep.

He's essentially trying to point out, that the more the Fed tries to prop up House Prices and Banks, the more they destroy the underlying economy. Thereby creating more downward pressure on house prices and banks.

Classic catch 22.

Eventually the stock market, the bond market and the housing market will all be essentially Zombie Markets. Each being manipulated so much, no one has any faith or trust in any of them. Leading to total market meltdown of all three!

Here's a classic Santelli clip from a year or two ago.

They will give him his own show (and they should)-like Dylan Rattigan.

He's probably too anti-Obama for a show on MSNBC, he'd need to go over to Faux News (or maybe replace Kudlow on CNBC at night). I agree with him 100% about the obscene waste and futility in trying to manipulate the housing market, but when he rants about the deficit he seems to put all the blame on the Dems. He'd have more credibility as a non-partisan commentator if he was also shouting and screaming 2,3 or 4 years ago about the need to reduce spending.

He's probably too anti-Obama for a show on MSNBC, he'd need to go over to Faux News (or maybe replace Kudlow on CNBC at night). I agree with him 100% about the obscene waste and futility in trying to manipulate the housing market, but when he rants about the deficit he seems to put all the blame on the Dems. He'd have more credibility as a non-partisan commentator if he was also shouting and screaming 2,3 or 4 years ago about the need to reduce spending.

Huh? He was!!

Huh? He was!!

When he goes off on his anti-gov't rants and blasts the Dems and Obama, it sounds to me that he holds them solely responsible and he can't wait for them to get kicked out so that those oh so frugal Repubs can get back in. I'll admit that I've watched a lot more CNBC in the past 2 years than the 2 years before that so I can't really argue with you on what he used to rant about regularly back then, but you have to agree that he's really ramped it up since Obama.

Guest spp

That day is going to be fun!

How many years ago was it since we were calling for them to let it fail??

Then along comes Mr Brown to 'save the world'.

His track record says it all...protect yourself! I won't even mention the shiny stuff.

When he goes off on his anti-gov't rants and blasts the Dems and Obama, it sounds to me that he holds them solely responsible and he can't wait for them to get kicked out so that those oh so frugal Repubs can get back in. I'll admit that I've watched a lot more CNBC in the past 2 years than the 2 years before that so I can't really argue with you on what he used to rant about regularly back then, but you have to agree that he's really ramped it up since Obama.

I think his rants are ramping up, because the bailout strategy of the Fed and both Presidents Bush and Obama are not addressing the fundamental flaw in the monetary system. The abuse and debasement of the Dollar, and the danger of Moral Hazard and manipulation of markets.

He's been very consistent. He's against the Fed printing or easing in order to inflate the debt away. He was against the bank bailout, but understood peoples concern of letting it all go.

His main pre-occupation seems to be protecting the value of the Dollar, and protecting the integrity of markets. As the undermining of these causes huge dislocations to occur and often un-noticed, but soon highly noticed social destruction.

Edited by wtb

Maybe he believed in Change You Can Believe In.

I did ... whimper ...

Now we have The Same Crap But Worse.

Maybe he believed in Change You Can Believe In.

I did ... whimper ...

Now we have The Same Crap But Worse.

Discounting the fact that both parties are corrupt and in the pocket of special interests, it seems to be a choice between (a) the party that spends like mad to go to war and/or give money to their rich friends and (B) the party that spends like mad in a futile attempt to undo centuries of income equality. Looks to me like (B) is the lesser of 2 evils (but only just...)

Ah...another screaming American.

Shame their mother's didn't teach them to listen a little more and shout a lot less.

The only exception I can think of is Jeremy Grantham. He p1sses all over the screeching ranters too.