House Price Crash Forum

What the hell is going on Here? looks like the Bathroom is in the living room and the

Bedroom as well.

BS

Quarter of a million quid to live in a shit hole :blink:

Is the Rocking Chair included in the sale? You'll be rocking all right if you pony up that sum :unsure:

Why the hell do we Brits put up with this kind of life? 1/4 of a Million Pounds! For that!

Brits seem to accept anything and question very little. Low quality and high price go hand in hand on Treasure Island...

What the hell is going on Here? looks like the Bathroom is in the living room and the

Bedroom as well.

BS

I tell you, the hit series 'Friends' has a lot to answer for with it's vision of open plan living making tens of thousands of wanna be renovators decide that turning living rooms into big room with kitchinette is ok or turning a perfectly good shaped bedroom or living room into an awkward space by adding another room in somewhere.

This is so common place now i get rather angry when i see something advertised as a two bed flat then realise all they have done is decide that the kitchen was big enough to put a sofa in and call 'urban living', rooms in modern flats being bloody pokey enough to begin with.

sigh!

Bedroom as well.

BS

Does it mean I can play on the xbox while I'm having a dump? Bargin!

What the hell is going on Here? looks like the Bathroom is in the living room

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA !!!! God, that's hilarious, I honestly wouldn't believe it if I didn't see it, a bath in the lounge, hahahaha !!!

Two Hundred and Sixty Thousand Pounds, any visitor would just rip the piss !!

Great spot, BS, christ, I'm pissing myself here ...

:lol:

Why the hell do we Brits put up with this kind of life? 1/4 of a Million Pounds! For that!

What a rip off....the seller is trying their luck, hoping some fool will come along....anyone who buys it for that is a total and utter mug.

What a rip off....the seller is trying their luck, hoping some fool will come along....anyone who buys it for that is a total and utter mug.

I think I'll have it, and put in an en-suite.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA !!!! God, that's hilarious, I honestly wouldn't believe it if I didn't see it, a bath in the lounge, hahahaha !!!

Two Hundred and Sixty Thousand Pounds, any visitor would just rip the piss !!

Great spot, BS, christ, I'm pissing myself here ...

:lol:

Maybe it has a sliding door or something?.

Still, a nice conversation piece at your 1st Dinner party.

BS

Edited by brocken spectre

Maybe it has a sliding door or something?.

Still, a nice conversation piece at your 1st Dinner party.

BS

There are quite a few old housing association flats in Chelsea that still have the feature of the bath in the kitchen. They have a large wooden board you put over the top and use as a work surface when you are not in the bath. I considered this in the HA flat I am in now, but we managed to squeeze a seperate bathroom and kitchen into the space. It was rocket science.

What the hell is going on Here looks like the Bathroom is in the living room and the

Bedroom as well.

BS

That's not a bath; you put ice in it and fill it with beer while you're watching the football.

I think I'll have it, and put in an en-suite.

...step out of bed into the bath, at the same time lean over to put the kettle on and make a slice of toast.

I loathe open plan living: open plan kitchen/living rooms, mezzanine bedrooms ... all that rubbish.

What it means, in reality, is that you can't watch TV or listen to music and put on the washing machine or cook on the hob, you can't get cooking smells out of your soft furnishings, you've to blind or curtain all your windows, the cat jumps all over you at 3 am, moths get everywhere, dust is out of control and you never get a decent night's sleep because there's always that electrical goods static in the air.

you never get a decent night's sleep because there's always that electrical goods static in the air.

Really????

The only real issue I have with the open plan house we're in at the moment is that the kids' toys spread everywhere and I end up stepping on a piece of lego when I'm trying to make my early morning cup of coffee.

I tell you, the hit series 'Friends' has a lot to answer for with it's vision of open plan living making tens of thousands of wanna be renovators decide that turning living rooms into big room with kitchinette is ok or turning a perfectly good shaped bedroom or living room into an awkward space by adding another room in somewhere.

This is so common place now i get rather angry when i see something advertised as a two bed flat then realise all they have done is decide that the kitchen was big enough to put a sofa in and call 'urban living', rooms in modern flats being bloody pokey enough to begin with.

sigh!

I think you'll find that American apartments are massive, just like in 'Friends'. Still went overpriced but they have had their crash.

Edit to add: Plus, in Friends both the apartments have two separate bedrooms.

Edited by Cash with Nowhere to Go

I loathe open plan living: open plan kitchen/living rooms, mezzanine bedrooms ... all that rubbish.

What it means, in reality, is that you can't watch TV or listen to music and put on the washing machine or cook on the hob, you can't get cooking smells out of your soft furnishings, you've to blind or curtain all your windows, the cat jumps all over you at 3 am, moths get everywhere, dust is out of control and you never get a decent night's sleep because there's always that electrical goods static in the air.

I take it you have been there done it and seen it....I know what you mean with the electrical goods standby lights, why do tv's, radios, phones and an assortment of other electrical goods etc have permanent bright standby light that spoil a good nights sleep....ever stayed at a hotel where the tv is like the Blackpool illuminations? ;)

I take it you have been there done it and seen it....I know what you mean with the electrical goods standby lights, why do tv's, radios, phones and an assortment of other electrical goods etc have permanent bright standby light that spoil a good nights sleep....ever stayed at a hotel where the tv is like the Blackpool illuminations? ;)

I have seen it and done it. :(

I am sure open plan living is great if you are single and living on your own, but, for us, it was unbearable. The set-up of the property (a rental) limited what we could do and when; many open plan flats with mezzanine bedrooms (there are loads around us) are like living in one room -- no barrier to noise, light, smell, moisture, pets ...

So if one of us was working, the other couldn't watch TV. If one of us was cooking, the other couldn't go for a quick snooze. You would have to stop a film in order to make tea because you couldn't hear the dialogue over the kettle. The washing machine had to go on while we were both out .. we had to plan our free time around whether or not the other wanted to do something that made noise or, at night, light.

The thing that doubly bugged me is that so many of these places are designed by people who do not think about what people actually need -- nowhere to put a vacuum cleaner and a mop and bucket, nowhere for a clothes horse .... one development near us converted a mill into open plan "apartments" at £250K each and forgot to allow space in the "open plan" kitchen for a washing machine so everyone had to trail down to the basement to the "laundry". And the lack of walls make it really hard to place furniture (as one wall always had a radiator on it).

The only place we ever saw that attempted to solve some of these problem was one where the mezzanine bedroom had wooden screens you could pull across to act as a fourth wall -- the only problem with this was that they framed each side of these screens in ... glass bricks.

:D

So, yes, you could go to bed if your other half stayed up to watch TV or a film, but you'd still get the flicker of the screen coming into the bedroom.