HOLA441
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442
HOLA443
Guest theboltonfury

That'll add to the crime figures.

Most of them are jailbirds who had found a legal way to extort lots of money from people; they'll go back to their old careers of drug peddling and mugging now.

Still, I'd rather drugs be peddled and old ladies relieved of their purses than my car be clamped.

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448

The question that really needs to be answered is why Labour, when in power, allowed this criminal activity to not just go unhindered, but also to spread across the country like a plague.

When a new Government can take this type of action so quickly you have to wonder what Labour's true motives were.

Criminal gangs extorting huge sums of money from motorists commiting minor parking offences to the DVLA selling to these criminals the motorist's details Labour, yet again, have shown to be almost an enemy of the people they pretended to represent.

One now gets the feeling that Labour actually hated the British public. Just think of that slug Brown and the way he talked about Gillian Duffy behind her back. Says it all.

One day, just one day, I hope this gang of liars, cheats, bullies and frauds are put on trial for the way they set out to destroy this country.

Traitors, the lot of them.

HOLA449

The question that really needs to be answered is why Labour, when in power, allowed this criminal activity to not just go unhindered, but also to spread across the country like a plague.

When a new Government can take this type of action so quickly you have to wonder what Labour's true motives were.

Criminal gangs extorting huge sums of money from motorists commiting minor parking offences to the DVLA selling to these criminals the motorist's details Labour, yet again, have shown to be almost an enemy of the people they pretended to represent.

One now gets the feeling that Labour actually hated the British public. Just think of that slug Brown and the way he talked about Gillian Duffy behind her back. Says it all.

One day, just one day, I hope this gang of liars, cheats, bullies and frauds are put on trial for the way they set out to destroy this country.

Gillian Duffy: Yeah yeah, very good.

Gordon Brown: A good family. Good to see you.

Gillian Duffy: Yeah. And the education system in Rochdale - I will congratulate it.

Gordon Brown: Good. And it's very nice to see you. Take care. Good to see you all. Thanks very much.

11.44AM - Gordon Brown gets in his car, without taking his microphone off.

Gordon Brown: That was a disaster...should never have put me with that woman. Whose idea was that?

Aide: I don't know, I didn't see her.

Gordon Brown: Sue's I think. Just ridiculous.

Aide: Not sure that they'll go with that one.

Gordon Brown: They will go with that one.

Aide: What did she say?

Mr Brown: Everything, she was just a sort of bigoted woman who said she used to be Labour.

HOLA4410

Here's how to deal with the car clamping fascists.

30 hour sit in with plod watching on. Apparentely they can't take away your car with you in it. I supposes eventually they just want their clamps back. :lol:

I'd conscript people in these criminal occupations (along with banksters) and send them to Afghanistan.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3099191/Peoples-champ-beats-clamps.html

HOLA4411

Labour betrayed millions of people they were supposed to represent. The legacy will last for decades.

It is interesting to watch them try and choose a leader - they are in the same mess the Tories were in after Major lost the election.

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
Guest X-QUORK

So when someone parks in your driveway you'll rejoice at their right to do so uncontested? Moron.

Seems a bit harsh in light of all the cowboy clamping that's been going on.

HOLA4415

How would the existence of clampers help you in the above situation?

How does the existence of police help you when you've been murdered, raped, mugged or burgled?

It probably doesn't, but it has a deterrent effect that limits the number of times people suffer such misfortunes.

HOLA4416

How does the existence of police help you when you've been murdered, raped, mugged or burgled?

It probably doesn't, but it has a deterrent effect that limits the number of times people suffer such misfortunes.

That is ludicrous. Go and have a cuppa and a quiet lie down for half an hour.

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420

I have to say that I'm not anti-clamping per-se. If you are on private land, there are signs clearly saying that you will be clamped and you choose to accept that then I don't really see where the problem lies. You should have a right to consent to this if you want to.

I totally accept that release fees are often extortunate and that the tactics of clampers were indefensible in many cases but these are hardly things that can't be addressed with legislation. There is no reason why fees cannot be set in law and the whole process governed by statute.

Having said that, I'm not particularly sad that this is going out the window from now on. Unfortunately though, I think that the end result will be even more bullying and intimidation by private parking companies to extort money out of people.

HOLA4421

I have to say that I'm not anti-clamping per-se. If you are on private land, there are signs clearly saying that you will be clamped and you choose to accept that then I don't really see where the problem lies. You should have a right to consent to this if you want to.

I totally accept that release fees are often extortunate and that the tactics of clampers were indefensible in many cases but these are hardly things that can't be addressed with legislation. There is no reason why fees cannot be set in law and the whole process governed by statute.

Having said that, I'm not particularly sad that this is going out the window from now on. Unfortunately though, I think that the end result will be even more bullying and intimidation by private parking companies to extort money out of people.

Hmm, I see whereyour coming from. Stick and carrot. Carrot is no more clampers, but the stick might be legislation which allows private companies to legally enforce parking fines. Wouldn't surprise me in the least....

HOLA4422

Often the notices you refer to were woefully inadequate to draw your attention to the fact you were on private property and more often than not the clamper was surly, intimidating and aggressive. I have never been clamped but I have seen what it can do to a person. Clamping caused extreme aggravation with ordinary people either breaking down or struggling to refrain from violence.

I used to live in a redeveloped office block in St Peters Street, Colchester. On one side was a purpose built car park for residents. This was often empty on weekends so once or twice some residents offered to allow visiting friends and relatives park in an empty spot. The management decided to put an end to this by bringing in a clamper to patrol the car park.

On the other side was a brown-field site being developed into the kind of slave-box crap so hated on this forum. The short streets on this development for all the world looked like public roads. I even parked there myself once or twice, for a few minutes, hoping no-one would notice. Lucky for me no-one did.

One person's car was clamped. They were from out of town and unfamiliar with the area. The clamper wanted £400. The poor woman was in tears and her boyfriend boiling with rage.

In another instance, the clamper had clamped a car and was merrily demanding his money with the usual menace. Attempting to assist the victims, I offered to call the police only to discover what the clamper had unwittingly clamped was an unmarked police car and the detectives were incandescent with rage!! :D Needless to say he never plagued the area again.

On a final point, I once had need to park in a public car park in Ipswich. Being the responsible motorist, I parked properly and went to te nearest ticket machine to buy a ticket, which I displayed on my driver's side window. When I returned later I found I had been given a parking ticket. Quite unbelievably, it turned out that there were two ground level open plan (no walls) public car parks adjacent to each other - back to back - with no obvious indications whatsoever they were run by different companies. I had parked in one car park and bought a ticket for the other.

I duly got a letter in the post from Ipswich and in a rage drove to their office to confront the parking authorities. I showed them that I had bought a ticket and refused to pay the £60 fine. I also told them it was their own fault for failing to demark one car park from the other adequately and challenegd them to take me to court. They backed down and I never paid the fine.

All too often under Labour it seemed as if they were passing laws wilfully designed to destroy your soul.

I'm glad they've gone for those reasons alone, never mind HPI and economic collapse.

HOLA4423

Hmm, I see whereyour coming from. Stick and carrot. Carrot is no more clampers, but the stick might be legislation which allows private companies to legally enforce parking fines. Wouldn't surprise me in the least....

Private companies already legally enforce parking fines. Councils are increasingly using bailiffs to extort all kinds of 'debts' - including benefit overpayments. There is scant regulation concerning bailiffs, their methods or charges - because councils do not pay for the service, they're not interested. Bailiffs can collect what they want once awarded the contract.

Now there are plans to privatise Speed Cameras.

http://uk.autoblog.com/2010/08/16/police-chief-speed-camera-shake-up-prompts-privatisation-fears/

So, like the penalties imposed for going a minute over a parking stay, you'll now have bailiffs at the door for doing 31 mph.

HOLA4424

Good news.

It really is a great feeling to be agreeing with government decisions on an almost daily basis.

+1

This Govt. aren't perfect by any means, but they seem intent on making some good common sense decisions.

And it's satisfying to watch the loonies spit their dummy out when another ridiculous Labour policy gets the boot :)

HOLA4425

+1

This Govt. aren't perfect by any means, but they seem intent on making some good common sense decisions.

And it's satisfying to watch the loonies spit their dummy out when another ridiculous Labour policy gets the boot :)

Window dressing.

There are no plans to regulate the many other means of extortion by private companies.

The Tories only real champion of civil liberties, David Davies, was gagged.

Archived