House Price Crash Forum
DisQ

Inflation Anyone ! The Food Prices Up By Massive 58%!

continuing from endgame thread where he posted Nadeem Walayat brilliant yet blunt piece, IMHO inflation is becoming pretty obvious.

The food prices up 58%: With many facing a freeze on wages, the cost of groceries has rocketed since 2007

Shoppers are paying up to 58 per cent more for basic grocery items than they were three years ago, according to figures published today.

The price of tea has shot up by 30 per cent while the cost of staple foods such as bread and eggs have risen by 18 per cent since 2007.

But the biggest increase has been in the price of rice and pulses such as lentils or beans, which have risen by 58 per cent.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1303418/The-food-prices-58--Cost-groceries-rocketed-2007.html#ixzz0wnEpAwE1

continuing from endgame thread where he posted Nadeem Walayat brilliant yet blunt piece, IMHO inflation is becoming pretty obvious.

Surely this is excellent news, the price of anything 'rocketing' is something to be welcomed isnt it?

Austerity is a lie;

Train fares up;

Food prices up;

Petrol breaking new highs;

Parking fees and fines soon to double;

Student loans soon to be more than some houses cost 10 years ago;

The proles are starting to smell a rat so expect more and more strikes.

These are all signs of impending hyperinflation.

Austerity is a lie;

Train fares up;

Food prices up;

crap.

what did you expect? a period of paying to little for what we were geting and now followed by a period of paying full RRP.

not hyperinflation.....its a BUST. low order items catching up with the fall of High order items.....Read Austrian Economics and you, the blind, will see.

Austerity is a lie;

Train fares up;

Food prices up;

nicely put,

though all top "economic experts" including msm are trying to sell us defletion its becoming bloody obvious what the outcome would be, in'it.

Edited by DisQ

nicely put,

though all top "economic experts" including msm are trying to sell us defletion its becoming bloody obvious what the outcome would be, in'it.

The MSM and the government are peddling austerity and deflation to keep the proles from striking for more pay.

Deflation would implode the financial sector.

Deflation is not an option.

Inflation is government policy.

We do not have a free market. Correction, we have a free market, it is called the black market.

crap.

what did you expect? a period of paying to little for what we were geting and now followed by a period of paying full RRP.

not hyperinflation.....its a BUST. low order items catching up with the fall of High order items.....Read Austrian Economics and you, the blind, will see.

What Bust?

I hear a lot of claptrap and nonsense about austerity and deflation. I then go shopping for food and then buy some petrol and maybe a trip on a train, then I realise your bust is rubbish. House prices have gone down a few percent and the media and proles are crying like little babies.

Next step QE2, not the ship, followed by a crack up boom. You need to re-read austrian economic polices and put the Express down.

Edited by Mr. Spin esq.

My food parcel says no

August 2010 £37.99

August 2007 £33.59

a 13% rise in 3 years.

Indeed compared to July 2009 its cheaper by £1.07 this August.

The MSM and the government are peddling austerity and deflation to keep the proles from striking for more pay.

Deflation would implode the financial sector.

Deflation is not an option.

Inflation is government policy.

We do not have a free market. Correction, we have a free market, it is called the black market.

the Austerity hasnt started yet.

see above for real prices at your local Orange logo'd Supermarket.

My food parcel says no

August 2010 £37.99

August 2007 £33.59

a 13% rise in 3 years.

My food trolley disagrees with your bogus food parcel.

My petrol tank disagrees with your food parcel.

My friends uni costs disagrees with your food parcel.

My rent disagrees with your food parcel.

My Elec and gas bill.... My council tax... and on and on and on...

There is deflation. But it is in respect to real money versus everything that is measured in ANY fiat currency.

What Bust?

I hear a lot of claptrap and nonsense about austerity and deflation. I then go shopping for food and then buy some petrol and maybe a trip on a train, then I realise your bust is rubbish. House prices have gone down a few percent and the media and proles are crying like little babies.

Next step QE2, not the ship, followed by a crack up boom. You need to re-read austrian economic polices and put the Express down.

They could wish...

if QE would have boosted housing market, US market would have been picking up by each $$$ injection, BUT you may have noticed that its DEAD in water and its coming here pretty soon (all the signs are in place to form a perfect crash)

& people have evidence of one or two "bargains"

patience my friend

market is going to be flooded

Edited by DisQ

the Austerity hasnt started yet.

see above for real prices at your local Orange logo'd Supermarket.

Austerity hasn't started and it never will.

It is all rubbish.

The real costs are the benefits and NHS. These will never be touched as they attract the proles from other countries. They need more and more immigrants to keep demand high therefore reinforcing their INFLATION POLICY.

Austerity is propaganda for suckers like you.

My food trolley disagrees with your bogus food parcel.

My petrol tank disagrees with your food parcel.

My friends uni costs disagrees with your food parcel.

My rent disagrees with your food parcel.

My Elec and gas bill.... My council tax... and on and on and on...

There is deflation. But it is in respect to real money versus everything that is measured in ANY fiat currency.

I posted the food parcel monthly from 2007.....it was a parcel for my daughter as UNI...just simple food...at the time the lie was that inflation was a lot higher for food than the MSM reported.

today, I have posted the price of the same parcel. Its LESS this year than last.

agree with the petrol, your mates uni costs are his affair and personal to him.

My rent is static. Council tax is the same every month till next year, and barely changed from last year.

Leccy and GAs....well, thats down to the pound...

And if you book your trains in advance....well , Ive got return to London about £5 cheaper than the missus paid in the Spring for the pair.

The point of the bust is to look at the overall picture....the pound has risen about 10% against the Euro and the dollar...this would explain the food, along with static wages.

Cars can be had cheaply now if you haggle and houses....well.....I rest my case.

Austerity hasn't started and it never will.

It is all rubbish.

The real costs are the benefits and NHS. These will never be touched as they attract the proles from other countries. They need more and more immigrants to keep demand high therefore reinforcing their INFLATION POLICY.

Austerity is propaganda for suckers like you.

You are fast losing your rag and my respect.

They could wish...

if QE would have boosted housing market, US market would have been picking up by each $$$ injection, BUT you may have noticed that its DEAD in water and its coming here pretty soon (all the signs are in place to form a perfect crash)

& people have evidence of one or two "bargains"

patience my friend

market is going to be flooded

The US market is nothing like the UK market. The US property market collapsed in part because taxes tagged to houses have skyrocketed. That is why you can buy a house in Detroit for 5k, but have violations and back taxes of 30K which is paid by the new owner.

The housing market in the UK is subsidised by all the other taxation the poor suckers that work pay. Harold Wilson understood this and wanted to change it.

If the UK residential market falls another 10% you will see new plans to support the poor old property owners (aka banks).

This is when QE2 comes into effect and a loaf of bread will be ten quid.

My food parcel says no

August 2010 £37.99

August 2007 £33.59

a 13% rise in 3 years.

We clearly shop for different things.

We clearly shop for different things.

This basket is what a young student asked for...

Its eggs, milk, bread, pasta, fruit and veg, meat and ready cooked....enough for about a week as her money ran out.

Petrol it would seem, is also the cheapest its been for a while....although, @ £1.15 <>, its still eyewatering.

Nevertheless, this parcel of food is CHEAPER than July last year.

I dont track Sun dried tomatos, ice cream, fish fingers or steak.

its all talk

it isnt going to happen they are just buying time

Just seen a friend who works for Local Government...She was moved and is now working for a living in another department who were short due to internal wastage.

FOUR of her colleagues.....not contractors or partimers....GONE.....July. out of it...redundant. department closed.....wonder if the people will notice the loss of service....she says itll make no difference....the jobs were just shuffling papers...

I would say it is STARTING.

Saying that....Im not sure why people are suggesting that I am one saying it is all in full swing...I am a proponent of the Austrian model and compare the reality with the theory.

I agree...most of the Austerity hasnt even started yet...it IS all talk.

If your bills are too high for food...check out your nearest Aldi or Netto.

Im sure if I compared the food basket with THEIR prices...we'd be into double digit deflation....or savings as MSE would put it.

The cost of my food parcel has gone up but mostly because I buy more expensive things I don't need like organic meat and veg etc.

Some things seem to be perpetually extremely cheap like deals on Heinz which they have all the time.

Just seen a friend who works for Local Government...She was moved and is now working for a living in another department who were short due to internal wastage.

FOUR of her colleagues.....not contractors or partimers....GONE.....July. out of it...redundant. department closed.....wonder if the people will notice the loss of service....she says itll make no difference....the jobs were just shuffling papers...

I would say it is STARTING.

Saying that....Im not sure why people are suggesting that I am one saying it is all in full swing...I am a proponent of the Austrian model and compare the reality with the theory.

I agree...most of the Austerity hasnt even started yet...it IS all talk.

If your bills are too high for food...check out your nearest Aldi or Netto.

Im sure if I compared the food basket with THEIR prices...we'd be into double digit deflation....or savings as MSE would put it.

That is hedonic adjustment. This is a sign of high inflation soon to be hyper.