House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

thecrashingisles

Blair Donates Book Cash To Injured Soldiers

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-10988478

Former Prime Minister Tony Blair is to donate the profits from his memoirs to a sports centre for badly injured soldiers.

A spokesman said Mr Blair would hand over the reported £4.6m advance payment plus all royalties to honour "their courage and sacrifice".

The Royal British Legion will receive the money, Mr Blair's office has confirmed.

The book, called A Journey, is due to be published next month.

The money will go the Legion's Battle Back Challenge Centre, which is due to open in summer 2012.

Guilty conscience?

I doubt there will be much profit. He recieved a £4 million advance, so once the publishers have clawed their money back there won't be much left. I mean who is going to buy it?

In those remaindered book shops I always see Thatcher/Major/Kinnock type books there....

Then again massive advances do not mean sales!

Anthea turner was given a 400K advance for her book, she sold <200 copies!

Sorry about your missing legs.

Have some £50 notes - they're great!

Love, Tony.

Apparently he already got given a 1 million pound book advance.  Guido asked him if would be donating that aswell....

The announcement said he that yes he is donating the advance (which is £4.6 million) + all royalties, in other wods, every penny he makes from the book is going to charity.

A PR masterstroke, which nicely illustrates how NL missed his midas touch.

You're in a boxing ring. Blair and Brown are your opponents. They're both on the floor - it's fifteen seconds to the bell in the last round - in the last fifteen seconds anything goes - which one of them are you going to hurt the most?

I hope they refuse to take it from him. Their blood is on his hands.

Must think he's not going to sell many copies, so why not get some good publicity ...

Publicity stunt. It will backfire on him by highlighting how many soldiers were killed and injured by his government's policies.

Apparently he already got given multi million pound book advance.  Guido asked him if would be donating that aswell....

Never underestimate the stupidity of the public

agreed 100%

That's like the crappiest stupidest question ever. For a start you don't have two opponents in a boxing match. GET OUT OF HERE! Really! Well f u c k me, I never knew that! Thanks for pointing that out. I must have a chat with my imagination. Maybe I could let you have a bit of it. Plus they're both on the floor so you can't hit them, and there's only 15 seconds to go. Thought I'd covered that by saying there were no rules for the last 15 seconds. Very very gay try again.

Try not to be so LITERAL! Tosser!

That's like the crappiest stupidest question ever. For a start you don't have two opponents in a boxing match. Plus they're both on the floor so you can't hit them, and there's only 15 seconds to go. Very very gay try again.

It could be some kind of tag boxing match and you could stamp on thier heads when they were on the floor. It would be contrary

to all th rules of boxing but would be jolly good fun.

Oh...would you mind not using "gay" as a perjorative..its quite offensive.

Guest UK Debt Slave

Guilty conscience?

Nah

Bliar is a sociopath. He doesn't have a conscience.

But he is certainly vain enough to be rattled by his reputaion being tarnished thanks to his warmongering

I hope it backfires on the horrible fekkn b@stard

That's like the crappiest stupidest question ever. For a start you don't have two opponents in a boxing match. GET OUT OF HERE! Really! Well f u c k me, I never knew that! Thanks for pointing that out. I must have a chat with my imagination. Maybe I could let you have a bit of it. Plus they're both on the floor so you can't hit them, and there's only 15 seconds to go. Thought I'd covered that by saying there were no rules for the last 15 seconds. Very very gay try again.

Nah I don't want any of your imagination thanks, it's a bit crap. Why would you just have no rules for the last 15 seconds?! This seems very stupid seeing as fighting two opponents is a bit lacking in the rule book anyway. Why did you even put them in a boxing ring? Why not just a field with assorted weapons scattered about that you could use on them accordingly. Keep your gay imagination.

bad hair day ?

Nah I don't want any of your imagination thanks, it's a bit crap. Why would you just have no rules for the last 15 seconds?! This seems very stupid seeing as fighting two opponents is a bit lacking in the rule book anyway. Why did you even put them in a boxing ring? Why not just a field with assorted weapons scattered about that you could use on them accordingly. Keep your gay imagination.

OKAAAYYYYYY... anyway, just imagine this convoluted, contrived scenario: You are in a field with assorted weapons scattered about that you could use on Blair and Brown, your opponents. They're both on the floor - it's fifteen seconds until the end of the battle - in the last fifteen seconds anything goes - which one of them are you going to hurt the most?

cool.gif

OKAAAYYYYYY... anyway, just imagine this convoluted, contrived scenario: You are in a field with assorted weapons scattered about that you could use on Blair and Brown, your opponents. They're both on the floor - it's fifteen seconds until the end of the battle - in the last fifteen seconds anything goes - which one of them are you going to hurt the most?

cool.gif

Well, to answer a different version of my own question, much as I think it should be Blair - for failing to control Brown - it still has to be Brown.

His job was the money - and he sold our children into slavery.

Do you need a hand understanding how to respond to posts where you quote what people have written?

My imagination is not 'gay'. Is there something wrong with being 'gay' (overtly happy) or 'gay' (homosexual)? How can the word 'gay' be used to have negative connotations?