House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
teddyboy

Hendys Website - Are These For Real Or What?

I know there was another thread about this, but Im reading through some of them again and I am stunned.

This for example, is irresponsible at best.

http://www.hendys.co.uk/residential_sales/.../100003675.html

He gives out the FULL address and then says

ONE OF OUR TEN MOST ASKED QUESTIONS, ABOUT THIS PROPERTY ANSWERED:

Q: Is it fit to move into or will I have to do work?

A: Not only is it decent to move into but, as the owner is abroad, there is scope to get hold of some rather attractive furnishings in this deal.

I bet that doesnt get trashed now he's publicised the owner aint there!

keep em posting guyz and galz - there are loads of STUPID statements.

Guest Bart of Darkness

Some choice quotes:

Look down on your neighbours! Yes you can from this top floor flat (and it's sometimes amazing what you see!).
You've gotta have some style, you've gotta have some class, you've gotta have some mortgagability and when you see it - you've gotta have this! Not for old giffs, oiks, muppets or rockers.
A vast improvement on the previous owner's lazy attitude towards home renovations. The current owner has had a great new kitchen (with breakfast bar) and generally smartened this up to give a decent property.
And if you don't know the area, there's good bus routes to town, the ring road, hospitals if you're a nurse/doctor...

Only a very well paid nurse ($168,000 asking price!)

You're expecting something elegant, boasting space: It is elegant and it does boast space but lets face it... the 80's turquoise bathroom suite and equally tired kitchen do NOT do this beautiful property justice.

Normally I try to balance the benefits of a HPC with the possible negative economic consequences but looking at this stock of over over-priced properties only makes me long for a sharp and severe correction in prices. Anything to dent the smug tone of this EA.

'Trendy' Hendys. Everything that is wrong with Leeds at the moment summed up.

When the revolution comes...

Despite their palsy 'we're refreshingly honest' patter, looking up all the addresses on Nethouseprices will show you that all their stock is absolutely and almost criminally overvalued.

'Trendy' Hendys. Everything that is wrong with Leeds at the moment summed up.

When the revolution comes...

Despite their palsy 'we're refreshingly honest' patter, looking up all the addresses on Nethouseprices will show you that all their stock is absolutely and almost criminally overvalued.

Youre not kidding... some nasty narrow 70s terrace in the UK's suicide bomber capital for £160,000, an amount that is described as a "restricted budget".

Laughable, I would pay around 80k maximum.

Hendy' Price £225,000 for terraced,

NETHOUSE PRICES

58, Victoria Street

Leeds

West Yorkshire

LS7 4PB

£167,000

Detached

Freehold

Build status not stated

22 Jul 2004

UP 58K in a declining market!!!

I posted in another tthread and was told by IgnorantSteve that Hendy's sell a LOT of houses in the LEEDS area because of their quirky selling approach.

I dont believe that getting into £150,000's worth of debt should be a 'quirky' decision.

They have one there for £110,000 and he then says "we know it will sell for £99,000 tommorow - I know the asking price is £110,000 - something in-between?"

Why not put it on at £99k and get an offer of the £70,000 its worth.

I dont know the area but the prices here are pathetic - there is only 1 house there I would say "thats a boss house, probably worth 90% of Asking price" the rest are imho 50% OVERPRICED!

I feel sorry for the people of Leeds - I thought Liverpool was bad but we would get a lot more for our money than you guyz do :(

Guest muttley

I spent ages lookin at their thread after you posted a link the other day.Very funny,at first until I realised they were serious.

Surely their most FAQ is "Are you taking the p*ss?"