Tax Abusers Of The Week

dog

HOLA441

Tax abuser of the week

Chief Executive

Cornwall County Council

Cornwall

£148,611 p.a. plus benefits

Taking overall corporate management and operational responsibility, you will bring a strong corporate focus to the Council's work and ambitions for Cornwall.

Funniest and most pointless job of the week

Community Safety Partnership Reassurance Co-ordinato

Wigan Council

Greater Manchester

£29,004 - £31,557 p.a.

In general terms, we are looking for high calibre candidates who are excellent team members and committed to Partnership work.

Strategic Director

Derbyshire County Council

Derbyshire

£110,000 pa

Your challenge will be to lead the integration of education and social care services, forging shared objectives, implementing cultural change and evolving new working practices to meet the challenges ahead.

HOLA442
Tax abuser of the week

Chief Executive

Cornwall County Council

Cornwall

£148,611 p.a. plus benefits

Taking overall corporate management and operational responsibility, you will bring a strong corporate focus to the Council's work and ambitions for Cornwall.

Funniest and most pointless job of the week

Community Safety Partnership Reassurance Co-ordinato

Wigan Council

Greater Manchester

£29,004 - £31,557 p.a.

In general terms, we are looking for high calibre candidates who are excellent team members and committed to Partnership work.

Strategic Director

Derbyshire County Council

Derbyshire

£110,000 pa

Your challenge will be to lead the integration of education and social care services, forging shared objectives, implementing cultural change and evolving new working practices to meet the challenges ahead.

Where do you find all these jobs? I've got my CV ready!

HOLA443
Guest Bart of Darkness

Community Safety Partnership Reassurance Co-ordinator

There, there. Everything's fine, steady as she goes, all is well. Fancy a soothing cup of tea?

That reassuring enough?

I won't quibble, I'm happy to start on the lower rate of £29,004. :lol:

HOLA444
Community Safety Partnership Reassurance Co-ordinator

There, there. Everything's fine, steady as she goes, all is well. Fancy a soothing cup of tea?

That reassuring enough?

I won't quibble, I'm happy to start on the lower rate of £29,004.  :lol:

You will never get the job. You are acting like a Reassurer, where clearly the job asks for a co-ordinator. This little old lady makes a rare cup of tea, this man needs it. Put the two together, presto.

HOLA445
Guest Bart of Darkness
You will never get the job. You are acting like a Reassurer, where clearly the job asks for a co-ordinator. This little old lady makes a rare cup of tea, this man needs it. Put the two together, presto.

Good point.

Wonder how much they'd pay for a tea-boy?

HOLA446
HOLA447
Guest pioneer31

Quangos for the boys. You see these non-jobs all the time.

"We need a person who can evaluate, implement and extract future solutions for effective running of council provisions for the community project liaison managers and access epoxy strategic plans for financial running of day-to-day requirements."

or in laymans terms

We would like to pay someone a vast sum of money to prance round in a Saville Row suit, designer specs, carrying wads of paper and looking very important whilst actually doing nothing of any consequence.

I bet one thing, whoever gets the job will

i) have nothing more than an NVQ in some trendy mikey mouse subject

ii) be rather talkative but have trouble with their spelling and written english

iii) be related to or next door neighbour of someone in the establishment

At least that's the type of person who always gets plum public sector non-jobs round this neck of the woods.

No wonder council tax is shooting up.

Edited by pioneer31

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
Guest pioneer31
So protecting vulnerable children and elderly people, educating the next generation and cutting crime aren't important, then?  What planet do you lot live on?  Incidentally, what do you all do for a living?

Come on! - they won't be doing any of that

Their £12k/yr disciples will

Does it not puzzle you why the salaries are so huge?

Edited by pioneer31

HOLA4411
Come on! - they won't be doing any of that

Their £12k/yr disciples will

Does it not puzzle you why the salaries are so huge?

I know why their salaries are at that level. They may not be actually doing the work but they will be responsible and accountable for those areas. Once again, what do you do for a living?

HOLA4412
So protecting vulnerable children and elderly people, educating the next generation and cutting crime aren't important, then?  What planet do you lot live on?  Incidentally, what do you all do for a living?

They are, the jobs are there, so when are they going to ***ing well start showing some results?

Jobs like these should be national jobs, not in every little council.

HOLA4413
Guest pioneer31
I know why their salaries are at that level.  They may not be actually doing the work but they will be responsible and accountable for those areas.  Once again, what do you do for a living?

my job -electronic engineering - there you go, you can rack your brains to try and rubbish that now

you seem very defensive of these people, do you feel that crime, education and social care are of a high standard in this country and that these people are worth £100k+ a year?

oh and by the way, I know all about responsibility - that's where you close ranks and blame someone else.

Edited by pioneer31

HOLA4414
my job -electronic engineering - there you go, you can rack your brains to try and rubbish that now

you seem very defensive of these people, do you feel that crime, education and social care are of a high standard in this country and that these people are worth £100k+ a year?

oh and by the way, I know all about responsibility - that's where you close ranks and blame someone else.

I have no intention of rubbishing your job but compared with the responsibility of the ones you're rubbishing, it is fairly inconsequential.

HOLA4415
Guest muttley
I know why their salaries are at that level.  They may not be actually doing the work but they will be responsible and accountable for those areas.  Once again, what do you do for a living?

The acid test is this.If you were to sack half of them,would anyone notice?

My own experience is with the PCT (That's Primary Care Trust,though we call them the Pie Chart Team.) The benefit of this body of people is in no way proportional to the huge amounts of money that have been allocated to them.Yet they are cited by the government as an example of improving health care.Improving health care does not mean spending more money on it,it means delivering a better service.

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
So protecting vulnerable children and elderly people, educating the next generation and cutting crime aren't important, then? 

If you want to do that, you could always join the police.

Anyway, the job is a "reassurance" officer. Reassuring is quite different from protecting.

There has been a massive expansion in public sector jobs since Labour took power. Those doling out the jobs are unaccountable and standards of efficiency are so low in the public sector that little benefit is derived from many of these "non-jobs".

The tax man now takes nearly half the nation's income and what do we have to show for it? Failing schools and hospitals and millions of new parasitical public servants who add nothing to the economy or our welfare.

No wonder I have to work so hard in the private sector!

HOLA4418
Yeah, like it's not important if the electronic engineering behind the national 999 service were to catastrophically fail for a month right?

This attitude is fairly ingrained amongst much of the population. A job is more "worthy" if you can demonstrate its worth through a picture.

Take those in the "greedy" jobs, lawyers, bankers, accountants and insurers. These are not considered worthy and almost in league with the devil. Without them however, life as we know it would rapidly grind to halt. And house prices would not crash - there would not be a market at all.

HOLA4419

3 family members here working in mental health (the 'sharp' end), & their opinions of the majority of admin level staff are not too high - it's a gravy train for too many wasters, when the money they cost could be far better & more effectively spent elsewhere - a scandal, just ask anyone with inside knowledge..

HOLA4420

I'm no expert on these matters but once a squeeze takes place on the public sector which I guess it must eventually, then won't that spread out to the private sector. Possibly less work/lower pay for contractors and consultants, cutdown on buying new IT equipment and less purchasing all round

HOLA4421

The amount of community charge we are expected to pay, why shouldn’t we have top people(If that’s what they are?) running the place. The amount of parking fees and fines in my town is enough to cover thousands of these people. Who knows one of these high earners may come up with something that would save the community charge payers a fortune, but then I am quite open minded and have a lot of faith in human nature.

HOLA4422
I'm no expert on these matters but once a squeeze takes place on the public sector which I guess it must eventually, then won't that spread out to the private sector. Possibly less work/lower pay for contractors and consultants, cutdown on buying new IT equipment and less purchasing all round

The money to pay for the public sector must come from the private sector in the first place.

Assuming that a "squeeze" on the more superfluous state employees would mean lower taxes for us, we would then have more money to spend, meaning more jobs elsewhere. Importantly, these jobs would be in the private sector, and therefore add to the nation's wealth rather than reducing it.

HOLA4423
The money to pay for the public sector must come from the private sector in the first place.

Assuming that a "squeeze" on the more superfluous state employees would mean lower taxes for us, we would then have more money to spend, meaning more jobs elsewhere. Importantly, these jobs would be in the private sector, and therefore add to the nation's wealth rather than reducing it.

These jobs are subject to the private sector as the persons who apply is part of the private sector by virtue he is selling his services to the highest bidder. He will go on to pay his share of taxes.

HOLA4424
These jobs are subject to the private sector as the persons who apply is part of the private sector by virtue he is selling his services to the highest bidder.  He will go on to pay his share of taxes.

The taxes he pays are only from money that was taxed in the first place from the private sector where it was generated.

HOLA4425
The amount of community charge we are expected to pay, why shouldn’t we have top people(If that’s what they are?) running the place.  The amount of parking fees and fines in my town is enough to cover thousands of these people.  Who knows one of these high earners may come up with something that would save the community charge payers a fortune, but then I am quite open minded and have a lot of faith in human nature.

& pigs might fly..