House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pl1

It Isn't Cricket!

Why is it that sport fans will seemingly walk up to anybody and blabber on about the latest "test" (whatever the hell that is) or the latest score "Oooh he was 21 for 4 off 6 overs" What??? and assume you will be 1) in the slightest bit interested and 2) know what the hell they're talking about. To all the soccer jockies and cricket commentators "I AINT F*CKING INTERESTED!". I couldn't give a rats ass if the new season has started or if the Premiership is a three horse race dominated by money and foreign players or what Graham Souness said in the locker room. So stick it! Got it? Good! :angry:

Guest theboltonfury

Why is it that sport fans will seemingly walk up to anybody and blabber on about the latest "test" (whatever the hell that is) or the latest score "Oooh he was 21 for 4 off 6 overs" What??? and assume you will be 1) in the slightest bit interested and 2) know what the hell they're talking about. To all the soccer jockies and cricket commentators "I AINT F*CKING INTERESTED!". I couldn't give a rats ass if the new season has started or if the Premiership is a three horse race dominated by money and foreign players or what Graham Souness said in the locker room. So stick it! Got it? Good! :angry:

I feel the same way about motor racing, other people's cars, their jobs, their problems with their birds, their health, their finances, their lives.

"What is this "Wigan" you speak of?"

I posted a linky for you.

It didn't make any sense to me.

I like football, but I am dreading the Olympics as it has about as much interest for me as modern jazz.

At the last Olympics (which I studiously ignored and turned off the news when the sport came on) people kept banging on about it and I had to say many times, politely, that I wasn't following it. I had somebody spark up at me about somebody's parents' flight problems. I had to ask who the somebody was and they looked at me like I was the odd one.

Guest theboltonfury

I like football, but I am dreading the Olympics as it has about as much interest for me as modern jazz.

At the last Olympics (which I studiously ignored and turned off the news when the sport came on) people kept banging on about it and I had to say many times, politely, that I wasn't following it. I had somebody spark up at me about somebody's parents' flight problems. I had to ask who the somebody was and they looked at me like I was the odd one.

I'd be very happy for someone to talk to me about modern jazz.

Guest theboltonfury

warning.gif

ATTEMPTED THREADJACK IN PROGRESS

warning.gif

but I doubt very much anyone would want to.

I feel the same way about motor racing, other people's cars, their jobs, their problems with their birds, their health, their finances, their lives.

+1

Are we talking modern as in late eighties Courtney Pine or jazz soul like Sade or post modern as in now?

I once had a heated argument with security in a jazz club about whether I was being thrown out or whether I was leaving.

They got really upset when I pointed out I really didn't care.

Guest theboltonfury

Are we talking modern as in late eighties Courtney Pine or jazz soul like Sade or post modern as in now?

I once had a heated argument with security in a jazz club about whether I was being thrown out or whether I was leaving.

They got really upset when I pointed out I really didn't care.

Modern jazz seems to have evolved in to a fusion style, which to be honest doesn;t really do it for me. However, if you want to see some of the very best techniques around check out Frank Gambale (lovely man whom I studied with in Verona), Allan Holdsworth or Al Di Meola.

Give me Joe Pass, George Benson, Chalie Parker, Grant Green or Wes Montgomery any day.

Guest theboltonfury

I know nothing about music. Does Blues fall within the bracket of Jazz? Is Blues it's own genre? Do you need a vocal element to have Blues?

Is this Blues? I'd say Jazz but again, I know nothing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFTp2O0ywyw&feature=related

I'd really say that's more jazz. There are a couple of great blues guys who jazz it up a bit I can think of - Larry Carlton and Robben Ford. Jazzing up the blues is a very subtle skill in my opinion.

I'd really say that's more jazz. There are a couple of great blues guys who jazz it up a bit I can think of - Larry Carlton and Robben Ford. Jazzing up the blues is a very subtle skill in my opinion.

What the hell happened to my thread?

This simply isn't cricket!

Why is it that people that don't give a shit about sport feel the need to advertise the fact, as if it is some sort of achievement?

To all those who don't like sport and like to have a little cry about others talking about it "WE COULDN'T GIVE A FLYING LESBIAN'S BALL BAG WAX"

Well done, enlightened one, now go and rehearse ancient Javanese proverbs so you can feel even more pleased with yourself.

I'mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm only 'avin a laugh ..........

Why is it that people that don't give a shit about sport feel the need to advertise the fact, as if it is some sort of achievement?

To all those who don't like sport and like to have a little cry about others talking about it "WE COULDN'T GIVE A FLYING LESBIAN'S BALL BAG WAX"

Well done, enlightened one, now go and rehearse ancient Javanese proverbs so you can feel even more pleased with yourself.

I'mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm only 'avin a laugh ..........

Only when it's stuffed down my throat as I tried to allude to. I don't advertise it, in fact usually I agree with the sport stuffer.

Sport Stuffer: "I can't believe he missed that over, can you?"

Me: "I know. Well that's life!"

And it shames me.

I wish I could do what you say.

So you are in fact completely wrong.

Only when it's stuffed down my throat as I tried to allude to. I don't advertise it, in fact usually I agree with the sport stuffer.

Sport Stuffer: "I can't believe he missed that over, can you?"

Me: "I know. Well that's life!"

And it shames me.

I wish I could do what you say.

So you are in fact completely wrong.

You need to understand that for people like me who like to talk about sport it is in fact a psychological finger in a damn.

If we stop we leave a gap, a gap in to which the darkness comes. It creeps at first like a slow poison, but it becomes a trickle, then a gush then a flood. That flood consumes everything and fills it with emptiness, infinite blackness, an irresistible vacuum in to which our very essence disappears leaving behind a creaking clock-work shell, endlessly sorrowful and impossibly deep. Eventually, after ten thousand life-times of unbearable, incessant misery a tiny light appears, blurred, unreachable but there. With that light it comes hope, a belief, it becomes brighter and brighter, closer, larger - it keeps coming, sharper, closer clearer. One day the light manifests in to something real - something to touch, to want, to yearn for. As it comes in to focus one can see that it is the viewer themselves,but not a reflection. It is the viewer as a child - a weeping, lonely child. A hand is held out, comfort is offered, the child flees sobbing. ALWAYS DARKNESS.

Unless you like Rugby, 'cause that IS shit.

You need to understand that for people like me who like to talk about sport it is in fact a psychological finger in a damn.

If we stop we leave a gap, a gap in to which the darkness comes. It creeps at first like a slow poison, but it becomes a trickle, then a gush then a flood. That flood consumes everything and fills it with emptiness, infinite blackness, an irresistible vacuum in to which our very essence disappears leaving behind a creaking clock-work shell, endlessly sorrowful and impossibly deep. Eventually, after ten thousand life-times of unbearable, incessant misery a tiny light appears, blurred, unreachable but there. With that light it comes hope, a belief, it becomes brighter and brighter, closer, larger - it keeps coming, sharper, closer clearer. One day the light manifests in to something real - something to touch, to want, to yearn for. As it comes in to focus one can see that it is the viewer themselves,but not a reflection. It is the viewer as a child - a weeping, lonely child. A hand is held out, comfort is offered, the child flees sobbing. ALWAYS DARKNESS.

Unless you like Rugby, 'cause that IS shit.

I love your posts Dan, they do tickle my pickle.

:lol:

I can't stand people who broadcast their hatred for sport as if they're superior to others. Sport is healthy and also a mature defense mechanism according to Freudian theory (sublimation)

I'm very wary of males who have no interest in sport. Typically they are effeminate or weird. Usually they are totally boring too.

In short stop thinking you're self righteous by hating sport you gaylord!