House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Guest KingCharles1st

Just Wondering- What The Hell Is Going To Happen To East London After 2012 And 3/4?

Guest KingCharles1st

I think this every time I drive through it all.

We are now looking at NO third runway at Heathrow, the coming end to the M25 widening, and the end of the Olympic shitty

PFI con is being quickly unmasked, and then what...?

...nothing....?

The investment in Eats Manchester has paid off dividends. City have a new stadium. There's a new McDonalds and Asda....

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-16600273.html

Look at the nice flats people can buy.

http://www.pteg.net/NR/rdonlyres/B90B8288-6C4B-4772-BE16-D0CAF80B3AAB/0/Indices_of_deprivation2004.pdf

e01005095

GMTPE

Beswick & City

Manchester

Can't find anything more recent but Manchester is still ranked highly (I think they changed the way they were done to make it harder to spot stuff like this)

I think this every time I drive through it all.

We are now looking at NO third runway at Heathrow, the coming end to the M25 widening, and the end of the Olympic shitty

PFI con is being quickly unmasked, and then what...?

...nothing....?

It will cease to be pretentious and revert to being the domain of the authentic.

vandyke.jpeg

p-o-p

post-10374-12817861373536_thumb.jpeg

My guess is Ken will be mayor again by then, house prices not returned to 2007 levels, Ken starts communist guerrila terror training camp in Stratford for the hordes of dissafected middle class public sector workers who havent seen the HPI they are so obviously entitled to.

The investment in Eats Manchester has paid off dividends. City have a new stadium. There's a new McDonalds and Asda....

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-16600273.html

Look at the nice flats people can buy.

http://www.pteg.net/NR/rdonlyres/B90B8288-6C4B-4772-BE16-D0CAF80B3AAB/0/Indices_of_deprivation2004.pdf

e01005095

GMTPE

Beswick & City

Manchester

Can't find anything more recent but Manchester is still ranked highly (I think they changed the way they were done to make it harder to spot stuff like this)

'Located in New East Manchester....'

as opposed to the old one, which was full of poor people.

LOL. Nice one :)

(Sea levels will go up in Swansea too though)

Already are... I know of a few 'posh' - i.e expensively over-priced - roads on Swansea sea-front which, when there is a high tide, you have to worry about what comes up through the drains and the toilets.

One area of the City is called the Sandfields and that was because, as my grand-parents told me, it was all beach and sea when they were kids. They were born in 1900.

A few years ago the Council added a few layers of bricks to the sea-wall in Swansea West but, in my lifetime, I think that will not be enough. On high tides at certain point of the year the waves come over onto the prom. When I used to fish at those times of the year it was bizarre standing on the prom in several inches of water... and that was on a calm night.

In other words, there are loads of very expensively priced housing on the sea-front which I would not touch with a barge-pole.

'Located in New East Manchester....'

as opposed to the old one, which was full of poor people.

Manchester has "quarters" now donchaknow :lol: London is behind the times and needs to keep up. I get Facebook statuses like this..."having a drink in the Northern Quarter" :lol:

They tried this is in London by renaming the East End, East Side, but it never really caught on.

As for the Olympic stadium it will be sold for a £1 to an already rich football team owner, and they will even get a golden handshake of billions to take it off the taxpayers hands. Oh and the housing will be sold as banksta pads (thats if banksta's like living amongst scrap metal yards).

Edited by Sir John Steed

Manchester has "quarters" now donchaknow :lol: London is behind the times and needs to keep up. I get Facebook statuses like this..."having a drink in the Northern Quarter" :lol:

They tried this is in London by renaming the East End, East Side, but it never really caught on.

As for the Olympic stadium it will be sold for a £1 to an already rich football team owner, and they will even get a golden handshake of billions to take it off the taxpayers hands. Oh and the housing will be sold as banksta pads (thats if banksta's like living amongst scrap metal yards).

Northern Quarter? You mean Oldham St? :lol::lol::lol: I used to live in the 'get your car broken into ever Saturday night quarter' i.e. Hulme or 'New Hulme' as its no doubt called.

Manchester is very much 'fur coat and nae knickers' these days. Like all the folk at my mum's work busy remortgaging and buying new cars - they'll be getting made redundant with 12 months, due to an already announced takeover. Common sense has left the building.