House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pope Benedict XVI

Who Was Your Hero When You Were Young?

Champion The Wonder Horse...

west2_adventures_champion4.jpg

(BTW I'm not really old - there were reruns in the '70s!)

...then a bit later Martin Luther-King, Dom Helder Camara and Martin Niemoller.

L-063.gif

My hero was Crusty MacDonald, second row in my school's senior rugby team. It was my first year boarding and I innocently looked up to him as a great player. One night at choir practice I called out "Cruuusty!" as he walked into the hall. He rushed over and shouted at me: "You little ******er, never call me that again." I was crushed.

Afterward I realised he was called Crusty because of severe facial acne. Years later I bumped into him on the street - a bit frosty on my part, but I did notice I was taller than him. And the acne was gone. I still have a splinter of hatred from that old humiliation.

Bruno Brookes.

No, I'm not joking :)

:blink:

Bruno was a very under-rated DJ with a great taste in music, wrongly bundled within that "yoof" DJ market of Steve Wright, Pat Sharp and Gary wootsisname.

Though I think you may be unique in having him as your boyhood hero.

The mighty Bruno, for our younger listeners:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrDgsAw-xR0