New Enquiry Into Kelly Death

tahoma

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446

tbh, I think it's pretty clear that he was taken out, but by who?

It's going to be a waste of time as they'll NEVER find out the real culprits!

If you are right - it is a Government cover-up in any case, right? Such a high profile death would be clocked as a murder regardless of the skill of the assassin - the question is just how far up the chain that knowledge went.

HOLA447

Its is quite possible that Dr Kelly was taken out by others other than UK sourcesand that the Govt dont want to admit this to avoid embarrasment to itself and avoiding an international political scandal.

Then we should summon members of the CIA to answer questions, just as the ham shanks have done.

HOLA448

I predict [uncannily accurately] another Whitewash.

HOLA449

Yes he would have crossed a few paths in his time. Disproving Colin Powell after his UN presentation would have had attracted the interets of Cheneys death squad s. Not forgetting that he was also active in weapons inspections in Russia.

Although you can safely say it was the UK as there would be no point whitewashing it if it was a foreign power.

Indeed, it would stop this sort of thread and kill the atmosphere of deep and obvious guilt that pervades Blair and co.

They either topped him directly or they pressured him into suicide. Either way they killed him.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411

Although you can safely say it was the UK as there would be no point whitewashing it if it was a foreign power.

Indeed, it would stop this sort of thread and kill the atmosphere of deep and obvious guilt that pervades Blair and co.

They either topped him directly or they pressured him into suicide. Either way they killed him.

Are you really sure about that? From what I've redd on the matter there is a great deal of speculation that it was actually an Iraqi hit squad that were involved.

Here's an interesting transcript of an interview between Adam Boulton and Norman Baker, who has spent a great deal of time investigating the Kelly death.

http://www.skynewstranscripts.co.uk/transcript.asp?id=457

HOLA4412

Yes he would have crossed a few paths in his time. Disproving Colin Powell after his UN presentation would have had attracted the interets of Cheneys death squad s. Not forgetting that he was also active in weapons inspections in Russia.

You can still find that presentation on the net. It's a hoot. The satellite pictures of totally unidentifiable blobs. The artist's impressions of mobile laboratories. Unbelievable from start to finish. Like Kelly's suicide, of course.

HOLA4413

Are you really sure about that? From what I've redd on the matter there is a great deal of speculation that it was actually an Iraqi hit squad that were involved.

Which, if true, would have been seized upon by blair and company and PR'd to death.

Here's an interesting transcript of an interview between Adam Boulton and Norman Baker, who has spent a great deal of time investigating the Kelly death.

http://www.skynewstranscripts.co.uk/transcript.asp?id=457

Adam. Boulton.

I can't stress how deadpan you should read that.

HOLA4414

In the bigger picture of Injin world isn't this a good thing? I mean governments are backed by violence right? In the UK it has always been veiled violence and threats of violence. The mere fact that they have actually had to act on their threats means state failure is near and simply TSHTF. As there is a slipperly slope where more and more violence has to be applied to maintain the status quo? You know like money printing is an indicator of state failure too.

(if that makes any sense)

HOLA4415

I re-read some of the transcripts on this issue.

They are archived on the Hutton Inquiry website.

http://www.the-hutton-inquiry.org.uk/content/transcripts/hearing-trans24.htm

One of the most obscene aspects of the whole mis-selling of the war was of course Campbell's role and the complicity of the media.

Kelly's sister gives interesting evidence. Kelly was upset about many things, mostly about the way the media went into overdrive - to present him variously as a traitor, mole and nutter,

Much was leaked to the press . . . even quotes from telephone conversations that Kelly did not know were recorded . . . things he told his sister he never said at all . . . things he might have said a year before that were fed to journalists out of context . . according to Kelly's sister, there was a suspicion the leaks were from Jack Straw.

And we remember Campbell's fury at the BBC at the time. Auntie BBC, as she was before Hutton and Butler, was assassinated too.

I often compare this with the Litvinenko affair, because the fantastic and full-of-holes story was orchestrated and written by Tim Bell's PR agency, supported with disinformation fed to the press by MI6 from Oleg Gordievsky.

On all these issues, you have to wonder how much of the media is simply lazy and unquestioning and how much is arm-twisted.

HOLA4416

You can still find that presentation on the net. It's a hoot. The satellite pictures of totally unidentifiable blobs. The artist's impressions of mobile laboratories. Unbelievable from start to finish. Like Kelly's suicide, of course.

Looks like the official site is http://2001-2009.state.gov/p/nea/disarm/index.htm if anyone's looking for it.

I'm guessing that Powell eventually realised that presentation had destroyed any chance of a political career and decided to skulk off into the darkness before someone decided to make a public scapegoat out of him.

HOLA4417

I have just conducted the cursory surfing update on Dr Kelly in the UK and was amazed to find that the Daily mail seems to be the only UK rag running the story

There's a story in the Independent too. If someone had merged the Kelly threads on here you would have seen it.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/kelly-had-heart-attack-says-pathologist-2053048.html

Evidence: Ten reasons to query the suicide verdict

1. An elbow injury had left David Kelly's right arm too weak to cut his wrist.

2. He had "difficulty swallowing pills" so he couldn't have swallowed 29 tablets.

3. Medical records about the case have been classified for 70 years, implying there's something to hide.

4. There were no fingerprints on the pruning knife used to cut his wrist.

5. He anticipated his own death, predicting he would "probably be found dead in the woods" if Iraq was invaded.

6. Doctors doubt the severed artery would have caused enough blood loss for him to have died of a haemorrhage.

7. The detective who found his body, Constable Graham Coe, said there wasn't much blood, so how could he have died of blood loss after slitting his wrist?

8. Two paramedics at the scene were sceptical the "wrist wound we saw" could have caused his death.

9. There was no evidence he was depressed; he was looking forward to his daughter's wedding.

10. His death certificate was not signed by a doctor or coroner and does not state a place of death.

HOLA4418

http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2010/aug/15/michael-howard-david-kelly-inquest

Michael Howard backs calls for inquest into death of David Kelly

The former Conservative leader Michael Howard today backed calls for a a full inquest into the death of the government weapons expert Dr David Kelly.

His call came after a group of prominent experts described the official explanation for the scientist's death in 2003 as "extremely unlikely".

Howard, who is now a Tory peer, said their intervention confirmed his belief that there should now be a proper inquest.

"In view of the growing number of relevant questions that have arisen and cast doubt on the conclusions reached by Lord Hutton, I believe it would now be appropriate for a full inquest to be held," he told the Mail on Sunday.

"Recent evidence by the first police officer on the scene, together with new statements by doctors, raise serious questions which should be considered.

"This has been on my mind for quite a while, and recent events have crystallised my view."

Kelly's body was found in woods near his Oxfordshire home in July 2003 after he was identified as the source of a BBC story claiming the government "sexed up" its dossier on Iraq's alleged weapons of mass destruction.

In the outcry that followed, Tony Blair appointed Lord Hutton to head a public inquiry into Kelly's death. Unusually, the then lord chancellor, Lord Falconer, ruled it should also act as an inquest.

Hutton concluded that Kelly had taken his own life and that the principal cause of death was "bleeding from incised wounds to his left wrist which Dr Kelly had inflicted on himself with the knife found beside his body".

He also found that the scientist took an overdose of coproxamol tablets – a painkiller commonly used for arthritis – and had been suffering from an undiagnosed heart condition.

However in a letter to the Times last week, the eight experts insisted the conclusion was unsafe. They argued that a severed ulnar artery, the wound found to Kelly's wrist, was unlikely to be life-threatening unless an individual had a blood clotting deficiency.

The signatories included Michael Powers, a former coroner, Margaret Bloom, a former deputy coroner, and Julian Bion, a professor of intensive care medicine.

Howard's intervention comes as the attorney general, Dominic Grieve, and the justice secretary, Kenneth Clarke, are said to be exploring how best to allay concerns over the official version of Kelly's death.

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
Guest Noodle

Can someone post up the "Do you have blood on your hands Mr Blair?" video from the day?

I can still see the ashen look on his face and the awkward silence - that's when he suddenly got old. What's he said about it in his book?

HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424

Can someone post up the "Do you have blood on your hands Mr Blair?" video from the day?

I can still see the ashen look on his face and the awkward silence - that's when he suddenly got old.  What's he said about it in his book?

Thanks for the vid, Noodle. Does anyone know who was the reporter that asked phoney that question? The Last of The Real Reporters? (with a few notable exceptions, of course).

HOLA4425

Thanks for the vid, Noodle. Does anyone know who was the reporter that asked phoney that question? The Last of The Real Reporters? (with a few notable exceptions, of course).

It was a Daily Mail reporter.

In searching for that I read that the police file into Kelly's death was opened before he'd even left the house to go on his final walk (presumably someone has had sight of the file's datestamp and its not a BST/GMT error or somesuch). :huh:

Archived