House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Masked Tulip

Jeans - Why Are The Back Pockets Halfway Down The Ar Se?

What is it with fashion nowadays - more and more mens trousers, especially jeans, have the rear pockets halfway down the ar se.

They look ludicrous.

I can understand jeans aimed at teenagers being like this but more and more are going like this. M&S have just had a pile of trousers in for the Autumn /Winter and they have these stupidly placed pockets.

Rant over.

What is it with fashion nowadays - more and more mens trousers, especially jeans, have the rear pockets halfway down the ar se.

They look ludicrous.

I can understand jeans aimed at teenagers being like this but more and more are going like this. M&S have just had a pile of trousers in for the Autumn /Winter and they have these stupidly placed pockets.

Rant over.

It's Austin Reed for you, sir.

I agree, I used to think it was maybe to do with my fat ****, but since losing two stone and now fitting in to a 34 waist I can safely say it makes no difference.

It's more the jeans halfway down the **** that bother me.

It's irrational that it does bother me but every time I see a yoof with half his **** hanging over his belt I want to go over and yank them up over his head and then knot them off with his belt.

Maybe I am getting old or maybe I have some bizarre need to be stabbed by a teenager to whom I have just delivered an atomic wedgie.

Who knows.

Guest X-QUORK

It's more the jeans halfway down the **** that bother me.

It's irrational that it does bother me but every time I see a yoof with half his **** hanging over his belt I want to go over and yank them up over his head and then knot them off with his belt.

Maybe I am getting old or maybe I have some bizarre need to be stabbed by a teenager to whom I have just delivered an atomic wedgie.

Who knows.

You're not alone. Take comfort that they'll cringe in shame in 10 years time when they look back.

Why would anyone wear jeans? Heavy, hot in summer, cold in winter, horrible in the wet.

I used to use them for cycling on grounds of robustness, but they're not even good for that: they develop holes around the **** pretty quickly. Not to mention holes in the pockets if you carry coins and keys.

Conclusion: jeans-wearers are foolish fashion-victims. Do we need another X-Quork thread for them?

Guest X-QUORK

Conclusion: jeans-wearers are foolish fashion-victims.

I'd say that's a little harsh, nothing wrong with properly fitted and properly worn jeans.

Why would anyone wear jeans? Heavy, hot in summer, cold in winter, horrible in the wet.

I used to use them for cycling on grounds of robustness, but they're not even good for that: they develop holes around the **** pretty quickly. Not to mention holes in the pockets if you carry coins and keys.

Conclusion: jeans-wearers are foolish fashion-victims. Do we need another X-Quork thread for them?

A little harsh. While I find it puzzling that American labourers' overall trousers have become standard wear even for gentlemen, they do have the advantage of being very hardwearing. My pair from the Officers' Choice chain of drapers has served me well, being worn most weekends for over 10 years.

Pocket hole wear can be easily fixed with those iron on mending patches you can get in haberdasheries.

They look ludicrous.

Rant over.

Because the waistband is halfway down the ar se?

My pair from the Officers' Choice chain of drapers has served me well, being worn most weekends for over 10 years.

Impressive, I normally only get about 48 hours out of my weekend.

It's interesting to compare notes on our preferred purveyors of the hard wearing serge de Nimes, I'm thankful for your kind referral to Officers' Choice. Do you happen to know if they stock Diesel in 34R and are they still on the telephone (Winchester 2451, as I recall)?

Yours bewildered, etc.

Just got in from looking at the Autumn/Winter jeans in both M&S and Next - boy, the material is so thin... almost feels as thin as paper... you wouldn't want to snag them and I doubt they would last many washes... all the in the £35 range.

Oddly enough, the best quality material in jeans was in ones costing £9.50 and £25 in M&S.

Lots of shops are having their Winter stock arrive now - noticed that shirts and jackets were also very thin. M&S had those double-breasted duffle coat type material coats in... they looked great from a distance but the material was so thin, IMPO, that it would not keep you warm.

You're not alone. Take comfort that they'll cringe in shame in 10 years time when they look back.

I like the ones where the boxer short part that is visible has been sewn on, making it part of the garment. I wonder if they then wear underpants under these fake underpants?

Guest X-QUORK

I like the ones where the boxer short part that is visible has been sewn on, making it part of the garment. I wonder if they then wear underpants under these fake underpants?

Hilarious! I didn't know they did that. :blink:

There are so many different weights and quality of denim that a sweeping statement like the above can't really cover all jeans.

I don't find them that hot in the summer, when it really heats up I'll wear shorts or chino's. Not found them that cold in winter either tbh, and I'm yet to find pants that are nice to wear when they get wet.

btw imo you're either wearing crappy jeans or doing something weird when you cycle. :D

I've got jeans I bought in Japan 10 years ago that are still in pretty much perfect nick and I've worn them on and off the whole time.

I don't mind birds when they wear low slung jeans. Great if you see a bit of crack or string. Even better if you see a tramp stamp. Today I was in a coffeeshop and I spotted a chick with a jewelled microdermal implant just above her waistline and on the right hand side of her back. Interesting......

Unfortunately, seems that as many blokes do this as birds and they always have their hairy crack showing. Just awful. Who wants to see that? Gay men? I'm pretty sure that women don't cop a quick look at a bloke's hairy crack. Maybe mmm beer can enlighten us?

Unfortunately, seems that as many blokes do this as birds and they always have their hairy crack showing. Just awful. Who wants to see that? Gay men? I'm pretty sure that women don't cop a quick look at a bloke's hairy crack. Maybe mmm beer can enlighten us?

No should have a very nice pair of underpants on underneath, ideally silk boxers, or some nice Deisel briefs, especially if you are going to sag your jeans. I do confess to buying a pair "low crotch" jeans recently and much as I like them, doubt whether I would dare wear them in public.I'm just going to retain them for "fetish wear" purposes for my special friends.B)

My advice is never, under any circumstances, by jeans from M&S. And I'd avoid Next altogether if possible.

Just stick with Levis, Lee, Wrangler, Diesel in a decent dark indigo colour. Even Gap are alright. If you are feeling particularly flush Nudie (daft name) jeans are particularly nice, especially the dry or "unwashed" versions. You get the fun of breaking these in yourself and they last well.

Good jeans look great. If they cost £20 they'll probably look shit.

Impressive, I normally only get about 48 hours out of my weekend.

It's interesting to compare notes on our preferred purveyors of the hard wearing serge de Nimes, I'm thankful for your kind referral to Officers' Choice. Do you happen to know if they stock Diesel in 34R and are they still on the telephone (Winchester 2451, as I recall)?

Yours bewildered, etc.

It may have been 'Officers' Club', I'm not sure. Quite what sort of officers they supply I am at a loss to say, as most of the coves I've seen shopping in there wouldn't have even made it into the Pioneer Corps.

I don't even know if the establishment still survives. I gave up buying ready-made clothing from high street shops when an assistant said 'what century are you living in?' when I asked if they had any jackets with vents.

I don't mind birds when they wear low slung jeans. Great if you see a bit of crack or string. Even better if you see a tramp stamp. Today I was in a coffeeshop and I spotted a chick with a jewelled microdermal implant just above her waistline and on the right hand side of her back. Interesting......

Tramp stamps, what a turnoff.

They're often in the shape of an arrow pointing down towards their sn*tch, I guess that's just in case anyone has forgotten where it is.

I know a woman of 42 who has one, done a few years back. The first time she showed me this, it was OK, tacky but OK as she had a superb tawny-coloured body. Now she's ageing, paler and has had a child it looks sh1te on the now-loose skin of her lower back.

Laser removal is going to be big business in a few years.

When I was talking to my nephew (Yoof). He said like most dodgy fashions, the act of wearing your jeans/trousers to the level of your rusty bullet hole originates from the States.

Something to do with convicts being realeased from Prison or jail without a belt :blink: .. S`posed to be cool innit and means that you are anti establlishment.

Stick it to the man... Show him your skids :lol:

When I was talking to my nephew (Yoof). He said like most dodgy fashions, the act of wearing your jeans/trousers to the level of your rusty bullet hole originates from the States.

Something to do with convicts being realeased from Prison or jail without a belt :blink: .. S`posed to be cool innit and means that you are anti establlishment.

Stick it to the man... Show him your skids :lol:

New York just made wearing jeans like this illegal.