House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
newmac78

Bedfordshire Madness / Rudeness!

Have been interested in this place for a while:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-16394340.html

It's a repo, and has been on the market for ~6 months now in one form or another (owner tried to sell --> repo --> 5.5 weeks on with the bank).

It needs some major work, and is full of previous owners stuff i.e. looks a bomb site (there's a reason there's no internal photos ;) ).

Anyway, my offer of 10% under asking price was met with some 'interesting' comments from the EA...

(bearing in mind I'm a FTB with 30% deposit - everything ready to go)

"Yeah... the bank has said that's just not going to work. They were very curious why you were even putting in an offer so low? We've had the property valued, and it's clearly worth more than that. They think you shoud offer the full asking price if you actually want it"

There was me thinking things were on the slide in SG19 ?! I guess not yet...

That's really funny, all the repos we have looked at have eventually sold but none at the asking price - and that's in Surrey.

One place we did put in an offer on, the EA took bids by a Friday afternoon and even then they tried to sqeeze more out of people. The sale fell through and eventually sold to another buyer for a cheaper price much later........

Have been interested in this place for a while:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-16394340.html

It's a repo, and has been on the market for ~6 months now in one form or another (owner tried to sell --> repo --> 5.5 weeks on with the bank).

It needs some major work, and is full of previous owners stuff i.e. looks a bomb site (there's a reason there's no internal photos ;) ).

Anyway, my offer of 10% under asking price was met with some 'interesting' comments from the EA...

(bearing in mind I'm a FTB with 30% deposit - everything ready to go)

"Yeah... the bank has said that's just not going to work. They were very curious why you were even putting in an offer so low? We've had the property valued, and it's clearly worth more than that. They think you shoud offer the full asking price if you actually want it"

There was me thinking things were on the slide in SG19 ?! I guess not yet...

I hope you said 'no I don't want it then, I withdraw my offer' that EA is a *****. I think that they assume all FTBs are naive.

I think that they assume all FTBs are naive

Very true, and I think they assume we're so very desperate to get in the market, we'll do whatever it takes. I will admit though it's been a steep learning curve to be able to cut through the **** the EA's are pedaling at the moment.

Had a look at another repo, in Cambourne - but this had also been accepted at virtually the asking price (a not so subtle hint from the EA, should I want to trump the offer).

Sod this, I'm hunkering down for a few months to see what's going to happen! :lol: